BARBER SHAVED MY FOREHEAD

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
This is kind of funny.
i got a haircut today. while my barber was finishing me up with a shape up, he notice my forehead was full of vellous hair. i got close to the mirrow and i also notice my forehead was actually full of vellous hair (colorless) kind of like peach fuzz. well then i told my barber that it could only be the minoxidil. when i apply minoxidil i use about 3ml (i'm difffusing all over my scalp, mostly in my frontal scalp) and since is alot of minoxidil, everytime it dripped down to my forehead. he told me to shave it cause it was really noticeable on certain lightings (mostly white light).

i use minoxidil 5% in the morning and 15% at night.

how come i'm getting better results in my forehead than in my frontal section? i don't get it either

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Rogaine is weird stuff. I use it once every night before bedtime. I've noticed a few random hairs on my shoulders and a shitload of new full-bodied hairs on my neck. Gross, but at least it means its doing something.

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
Same thing has happened to me. The top of my ears have had long hairs growing out of them. The minoxidil must have dripped down and did its work there. Why does it work better on those places (like your forehead) instead of your head? My guess is because your follicles on your head are either dead or just about dead it takes a long time for the medicine to do anything to it. Whereas the follicles on your forehead (and my ears) are not affected by DHT and thus are healthy and doing just fine. When you add minoxidil to them, it causes them to grow bigger and faster because they are healthy hair follicles. But then, I'm not a Doctor of course.