Barber Fucked Up, I'm So Desperate Right Now

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm 25, I've been on 1mg finasteride for 1 month.
A few days ago I had this haircut, it's not the best in the world but I was pretty comfortable with it.
DZFi9Um.jpg

but then I went to the barber to taper the sides and cut just a bit of the top, and well.. see for yourself
Kp3upLr.jpg
6dG9UfF.jpg

yesterday I was at a party and I dropped my cap, my friends laughed at my baldness and I felt bad (they did not bully me though, it was funny cuz it was not expected).

Guys, I don't think I want to wait for my hair to grow again (right now), so what should I do?
Do you guys know anything about this haircut below, is it a good idea?
David+Beckham+with+punky+bald+head.jpg

or should I just buzz it to 1?

Thanks in advance!!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad at all, your friends are just assholes.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much you can do but wait for it to grow back, a buzzcut would probably just bring more attention to your hairline. Just make sure in future you tell the barber to just trim up the back and sides and leave the top, or learn to cut your own hair since most barbers seem to think a slight trim means a number 2 on the clippers.

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much you can do but wait for it to grow back, a buzzcut would probably just bring more attention to your hairline. Just make sure in future you tell the barber to just trim up the back and sides and leave the top, or learn to cut your own hair since most barbers seem to think a slight trim means a number 2 on the clippers.

what about beckham's mohawk? won't help either?
so you think my best bet is to wait for my hair to grow again

T

tellersquill

It looks fine. Don't cut it any shorter. In a week or so it will all blend in I promise.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If your on finasteride your doing all you can just stay on it. If you feel better cutting it short go for it, but its not a big difference really I mean if your losing hair other people can see it whether its shorter or longer.
I do think at a certain point in male pattern baldness towards more advanced levels your way off just shaving it if you can pull it off. Not everyone looks good like that

shookwun

Reaction score
Damn those temple points are a saving grace. Cherish th

On a positive note.

Rules I follow

A) never let a women cut you hair. They suck at hair cuts.

B) always go to a barber shop. Never first choice hair cutters or any of that crap 10 dollar cuts

C) always tip your barber generously. Form a strong relation.

Barber is key to having a good hair cut. Where both the stylist and the customer are on the same page. To the point where no questions are asked. 'The usual'

Get the sides done with a low-high fade.

Crew cut with hair slightly long at the bangs so you do a side sweep. Not to be mistaken with a comb forward or over. This is a great style that doesn't make it look like your are desperate to cover your balding

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks you look better now?
Although you cannot hide one of the temples anymore, I think this is a younger look.
You basically had a comb over before.
Your friends are not really helping are they?

PS: I remember now the first time I was made fun of because of short hair was in high school. I cut it very short (you know why) and everyone laughed because of my prominent ears.

Just shave it, they say :rolleyes:

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crew cut with hair slightly long at the bangs so you do a side sweep. Not to be mistaken with a comb forward or over. This is a great style that doesn't make it look like your are desperate to cover your balding
thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks you look better now?
Although you cannot hide one of the temples anymore, I think this is a younger look.
You basically had a comb over before.
Your friends are not really helping are they?

PS: I remember now the first time I was made fun of because of short hair was in high school. I cut it very short (you know why) and everyone laughed because of my prominent ears.

Just shave it, they say :rolleyes:
yeah, the reason I did that is because one side is waaaaaaaaaaay worse than the other, so I used to cover the worse one.
I'm really considering shaving because I need a "stable" haircut until I'm able to have a hair transplant, I'm so f*****g sick of wasting time with a hair routine everyday and always worrying if everything's in place everytime I see a mirror... and searching online for haircuts and stuff like that (I'm so glad that I found this place though)
wish I could pull it off like this guy haha
h0hUo.jpg

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your left side looks ok, right side is a bit worse. Not a terrible haircut by any means. Are you sure they were laughing at you over your hair loss? It might just have been laughing at a sudden style change. People seem to find sudden style changes funny for some reason, just a chance to rib your mates