Baling Makes Men Look Ridiculous/laughable

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
*Balding

I was out with some friends today, chatting outside. I see my reflection in one of the windows. f*** ME.

I am a Norwood 3-4 (diffuse). I am 31. I see the balding person in the window but it wasn't that clear. First thought was "LOL that guy looks silly". Like... I knew it was me but I just saw myself as a man and I thought... no way in hell that looks like a man.

Then I stare some more. Still the same reaction. Receding sides, scalp shining, lots of forehead. Looks pathetic, looks ridiculous. It was like a bad sketch... a satire of a man. A clown.

I mean, i'm not feeling sorry for myself, I will never accept balding is normal for a man and this calms me. I won't ever capitulate or accept it's "genes". No way a young man would ever look like that, losing his most important sex characteristic. No way so many young men are like this nowdays. Something is wrong. I'm doing something wrong. Can't tell what still.

I always felt it looks bad. But finally today I saw how hilarious it looks too. Not just bad. But literally silly, like a joke. Honestly, why would I get angry people make jokes about baldness. Look at any bald man and your first impression is that something is off and silly about him. Looks like Tom from Tom&Jerry when the lawnmower ran him over or something.

Again, no way this is NORMAL.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
I think i'll look even more now tbh, i was avoiding looking or if i was looking i wasn't consciously seeing how ridiculous it looks.

And it's not just watching myself, I'm constantly watching others balding too to remind myself this is ridiculous and impossible to be "normal". They (we) all look like a joke of our true selves.

Also looking at various bald men heads/faces on the internet. They all look like aliens

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You joined this forum in 2012. What did you do since then? Finasteride? Tried to buzzcut? Saving money for hair transplant?

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing. Tried minoxidil and had great results, but heart started acting weird, tachycardia and sh@t so I had to drop it. No finasteride. I know it sounds like blasphemy on this forum but i had good results whenever i managed to abstain myself from masturbation. Hair magically stopped shedding. Too bad it's a hard to kick addiction

Last edited:

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing. Tried minoxidil and had great results, but heart started acting weird, tachycardia and sh@t so I had to drop it. No finasteride. I know it sounds like blasphemy on this forum but i had good results whenever i managed to abstain myself from masturbation. Hair magically stopped shedding. Too bad it's a hard to kick addiction
why u didnt pull trigger with finasteride when sh*t got tough?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cause I don't want to risk it and mess my hormones, especially since I am sure there's something i'm doing wrong and hair loss is reversible.
well i got some bad news for u, its not reversible and yeah, kinda same reason why im not on finasteride yet

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

So basically you dont want to do anything? hairslosstalk in a nutshell.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
So basically you dont want to do anything? hairslosstalk in a nutshell.

I am eating better (but i don't think this is very important since I see people with absolute sh*t diets that have great hair), I am exercising (but again, such as food, don't think it's that relevant since people who don't exercise at all have great hair).

First of all, I am doing huge efforts to stop fantasizing/p**rn and masturbation, as this is the only thing that consistently stopped shedding for me.

And work to reduce stress/anxiety by going to psychotherapy.

I am a very anxious person and I think this triggers the hair loss.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am eating better (but i don't think this is very important since I see people with absolute sh*t diets that have great hair), I am exercising (but again, such as food, don't think it's that relevant since people who don't exercise at all have great hair).

First of all, I am doing huge efforts to stop fantasizing/p*rn and masturbation, as this is the only thing that consistently stopped shedding for me.

And work to reduce stress/anxiety by going to psychotherapy.

I am a very anxious person and I think this triggers the hair loss.
sooner or later u will be forced with decision whether to choose hair or to choose potential of gettin sides from finasteride

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
No finasteride, as I said, there has to be something i'm doing wrong, no way baldness is normal. I will never accept it.
I am sorry you are taking it like that.
However, millions of men on this planet could tell you that you are doing nothing wrong, baldness just happens and there is nothing you can do except for a hair transplant if drugs are not a good option for you.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
No need for sorries. I don't anyway.

>baldness just happens

yeah, no, that makes no sense. It "happens" way more often than it did in the past. "Genetics" is the coward's way out, and not even "genetics" have a reasonable explanation for it, there is no distinguishable pattern. Look at any balding man and tell me there isn't something very off with him.

I'm pretty sure masturbation has a lot to do with is since every time I do it scalp gets oily and irritated and hair falls out badly. One week+ of abstinence and hair feels great.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think op is confusing normal with socially acceptable... while coping that hairloss is anything but genetic to try and convince himself that it is something that he can control. Nope, most common form of baldness (male pattern baldness) is all genetics, but keep thinking pure thoughts to keep those follicle demons from eating your hair, lol.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
Balding is "socially acceptable" now in some countries, at least more so than it was in the past. Many people do all sorts of mental gymnastics saying "oh balding is cool", but it's all bs and a facade to be politically correct. Same way being fat in the US is "socially acceptable" even if it looks ugly as fck and is anything but normal or natural.

Again, there is absolutely no reason for balding, it look ridiculous, unhealthy, lame and the "genetic" theory has more holes than swiss cheese.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding is "socially acceptable" now in some countries, at least more so than it was in the past. Many people do all sorts of mental gymnastics saying "oh balding is cool", but it's all bs and a facade to be politically correct. Same way being fat in the US is "socially acceptable" even if it looks ugly as fck and is anything but normal or natural.

Again, there is absolutely no reason for balding, it look ridiculous, unhealthy, lame and the "genetic" theory has more holes than swiss cheese.
this just goes to show how deep and primal the hate and disgust for baldness is. that people think its a sign of doing something wrong or unhealthy L O L

just fuckin lol

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No need for sorries. I don't anyway.

>baldness just happens

yeah, no, that makes no sense. It "happens" way more often than it did in the past. "Genetics" is the coward's way out, and not even "genetics" have a reasonable explanation for it, there is no distinguishable pattern. Look at any balding man and tell me there isn't something very off with him.

I'm pretty sure masturbation has a lot to do with is since every time I do it scalp gets oily and irritated and hair falls out badly. One week+ of abstinence and hair feels great.
It's also the growth hormones in our food supply. I believe it causingthe male pattern baldness gene in men to lose their hair much earlier than they normally would.have just my 2cents

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had to.go back to my yearbook from high school. Class of 1974. Yeh ol fart lol. Our hair was longer back than I never noticed it at the time , well no one did. But out of about 150 males. I would.say less than 10 percent show any signs of balding. And it's.minimal. would like.to know what the percentage of.teens is.today. I see a lot of teens in here asking for help. And it's sad to see

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
this just goes to show how deep and primal the hate and disgust for baldness is. that people think its a sign of doing something wrong or unhealthy L O L

just fuckin lol

I don't know if disgust is the right word, maybe. I'd go for rejection. Definitely primal though. But that's not a bad thing, the feeling is correct since it shows we can unconsciously identify when something is wrong. Same way we're programmed to reject certain (dangerous) smells (like decay, rot) etc. We just know something is off. Same goes for balding.

Something IS off. I don't know what. But balding, especially before 40s-50s is abhorrent and unnatural. Look at any animal who is losing hair (not that many) and you'll instantly know something is wrong with it.

It mostly comes to mating/reproduction though. I'd not mind having a buff bald guy/woman as a sidekick in fighting, or work etc but i'd definitely mind having a balding woman as partner. I am sure that's the case for women concerning men. It just sends the signal to stay away, reproduction wise. Honestly, if I were a woman i would always chose a man with hair over one who's losing or lost it.

I'd chose a woman who lost a leg over a woman balding any time, for example. If the first one is otherwise healthy/fit. It might come off as insensitive, it probably is, I just think it's time to stop trying to sell balding as normal/acceptable.

Last edited: