'Baldness will be cured in the next 5 years' - What a cruel joke!

K

karankaran

Ok, so i am writing this being completely frustrated.

Here is what i think:

Sometime back i saw news headlines screaming 'baldness cure will be here in the next 2 years'. This was related to PGD2 discovery.
The last time i checked, the research is no-where to hit the market.
Oh wait , 'new topicals have been discovered to completely block DHT. They will hit the market anytime soon'. It is 2014 and the timeline keeps getting extended. if that is not it, new technologies make tall promises and end up being caught in the knots of unseen hurdles.

I mean i wish i could tell the people who make these promises: When you discover something promising, do not rush to say that something will be cured in the next 5 years. It is very evident that it is highly possible that every discovery will have to tackle multiple challenges before it hits the market.
I am tired of all this nonsense. Every time there is something new on the horizon, i think ' this time it will be different'. But it is not. I hate being bald. and i latch on to every strand of hope. and this cruel joke is played almost every year!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The people who say the '5 year' myth are some of the most incredibly fvcking stupid people on this planet. Too god damn ignorant to have empathy for hair loss sufferers and too god damn privileged to show sympathy as well. They'd rather enforce the positional good theory than actually be sincere about the 5 year claim.

Fvck society.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
That's your own fault for believing Dr. cure every 5 years and the stupid media, especially with what they just did with SMP being a "cure".

It is disappointing though how the media just toys with peoples lives and gives us false hope.

Take everything with a grain of salt. The hair loss industry is one of the most corrupt industries in the world.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it is more the media trying to get the attention of readers and making Bull**** headlines like: baldness cure!

pgd2 inhibits hair growth? So if you inhibit pgd2 your hair will magically start to grow again, so we just need to make one and that is going to take only 2 years! Yeah right, great logic...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is more the media trying to get the attention of readers and making Bull**** headlines like: baldness cure!

Of course! Their job is to get as many viewers possible by any means necessary to get corporations sign up for advertising space.

They don't give a fvck about the emotions of hair loss sufferers. That's why there's so much sensationalism in the media. They don't give a fvck about you, me or anyone else. They dont give a fvck AT ALL.

resu

Reaction score
This is the media but the average person is just as mean to balders worldwide, just check the comments on this fella's video, people think they can say whatever they want to bald men.

[video=youtube;ODnMJLARzds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODnMJLARzds[/video]

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
The people who say the '5 year' myth are some of the most incredibly fvcking stupid people on this planet. Too god damn ignorant to have empathy for hair loss sufferers and too god damn privileged to show sympathy as well. They'd rather enforce the positional good theory than actually be sincere about the 5 year claim.

Fvck society.

Gosh, so you say "fvck society", and want sympathy from society?
Why should you deserve that in the first place, since you seem a super-arrogant person, who doesn;t mind to throw a load of insults when you don't agree with someone.
Come on, if society doesn't sympathize you, it may be about your personality, not your hair. If you don't changer anything in you, even with a full head of hair, society would not sympathize you more...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gosh, so you say "fvck society", and want sympathy from society?

When the hell did I ever say I want sympathy from society? You know damn well society will NEVER give sympathy for balding men. NEVER. I don't expect it for baldness and not even for any mens health problems. People don't give a fvck about mens health. Go look at the numbers and marketing campaigns for womens health.

Why should you deserve that in the first place, since you seem a super-arrogant person, who doesn;t mind to throw a load of insults when you don't agree with someone.

LOL, you only say this because the 'insults' have been directed at you ONLY. It's only natural that you'd be butthurt over it and make it seem as if I've targeted everyone.

Come on, if society doesn't sympathize you, it may be about your personality, not your hair. If you don't changer anything in you, even with a full head of hair, society would not sympathize you more...

This doesn't make any sense.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
It makes all the sense...
You say "fvck society" a couple of times a day here,and you pretend that is not an insult to society, but only targeted to me? Lol!
Oh, and that thing with "society doesn't care about men health" is another false thing.
I don;t know, has breast cancer been cured and prostate cancer not, to just give a short example?

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It makes all the sense...
You say "fvck society" a couple of times a day here,and you pretend that is not an insult to society, but only targeted to me? Lol!
Oh, and that thing with "society doesn't care about men health" is another false thing.
I don;t know, has breast cancer been cured and prostate cancer not, to just give a short example?

Let me make something clear. I don't mean this to be insulting or to start a discussion but only to clarify something for you.

Some things why we think it it society's fault that people see bald guys as evil and unattractive:

- We say f*** society because, since we were going bald people started to treat us like sh**, It probably never happens to you but it happens enough times with me. Before I was going bald people saw me different for some reason.

- Society tells women from their childhood what they are supposed to find attractive, believe this or not, look for example at the disney movies all the guys there have a full head of hair, woman are just 2 easy to manipulate if they are little.

- Don't tell me that you never noticed that bald guys are always the bad guys, ever saw a good guy without hair in a movie? I didn't....

These are just some things and not all...

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
Society tells women from their childhood what they are supposed to find attractive, believe this or not, look for example at the disney movies all the guys there have a full head of hair, woman are just 2 easy to manipulate if they are little

I don't think it's because of that. Hair is attractive, or at least interesting, and that's a fact. Lack of hair isn't. Everybody knows that, at least subconsciously. Or have you ever fell in love with a bald girl?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
stupid example

male pattern baldness affects a significant amount of men

female pattern baldess is much rarer (female pattern baldness exists, look it up)

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
'baldness cure will be here in the next 2 years'.

The only actual cure that could come our way would be gene therapy. That's an actual cure and it's unlikely to happen in our lifetime.

The next best thing would be being able to grow an unlimited amount of hair that can be surgically implanted. That however, is not an actual cure.

Its a very viable treatment option though. There won't be an actual cure (gene therapy) in our lifetime. I don't know why you guys are waiting for one.

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
stupid example

male pattern baldness affects a significant amount of men

female pattern baldess is much rarer (female pattern baldness exists, look it up)

So? It's still unattractive, whether affecting a 'significant' amount of people or not. Obesity also affects a decent amount of people and very few find it attractive.

Also, in the case of baldness, 30% before 40 (or 20% before 30) is not that significant, it's enough to put you at the very bottom of the dating market. And again, it's not the media's fault if most women want to choose their dates among the remaining 70/80+% of men that don't look like their grandfathers --or even worse--.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only actual cure that could come our way would be gene therapy. That's an actual cure and it's unlikely to happen in our lifetime.

The next best thing would be being able to grow an unlimited amount of hair that can be surgically implanted. That however, is not an actual cure.

Its a very viable treatment option though. There won't be an actual cure (gene therapy) in our lifetime. I don't know why you guys are waiting for one.

Okay, so if they cure HIV the cure would be to stop the gene(that doesn't exist) responsible for it? :p No the cure would be to get it out of the body. Just like balding the cure could also be regrowing hair rather than only changing the responsible gene.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
So? It's still unattractive, whether affecting a 'significant' amount of people or not. Obesity also affects a decent amount of people and very few find it attractive.

Also, in the case of baldness, 30% before 40 (or 20% before 30) is not that significant, it's enough to put you at the very bottom of the dating market. And again, it's not the media's fault if most women want to choose their dates among the remaining 70/80+% of men that don't look like their grandfathers --or even worse--.

You make good points.

7/10 men still have good hair into their 40's. If we were all hot young women, why would we date the 30% of men with bad genes ?

I don't blame society or women for this, I blame my careless parents and grandparents for knowingly spreading their sh1t genes.

I have no intentions of reproducing until there is a semi cure (hair multiplication) fully available to the public.

Okay, so if they cure HIV the cure would be to stop the gene(that doesn't exist) responsible for it? :p No the cure would be to get it out of the body. Just like balding the cure could also be regrowing hair rather than only changing the responsible gene.

You're missing the point. I'm using gene therapy in our specific case, not for every disease out there.

My point is, gene therapy is an actual cure for hair loss. If they removed the AR gene or whatever other genes that cause androgen related hair loss before the age of 18, that person would never lose a single hair.

When you look at hair multiplication, it's not an actual cure. It doesn't do anything to stop the person from losing hair, it could only replenish what was lost, which is still very effective, but at the end of the day it's still not a cure.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
?

I don't blame society or women for this, I blame my careless parents and grandparents for knowingly spreading their sh1t genes.

You're missing the point. I'm using gene therapy in our specific case, not for every disease out there.

My point is, gene therapy is an actual cure for hair loss. If they removed the AR gene or whatever other genes that cause androgen related hair loss before the age of 18, that person would never lose a single hair.

When you look at hair multiplication, it's not an actual cure. It doesn't do anything to stop the person from losing hair, it could only replenish what was lost, which is still very effective, but at the end of the day it's still not a cure.

painfully it is true, the reason my life sucks, is simply because of my parents genes... And yes I already got your point just wrote some thoughts about it.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score