Baldness is Stylish? (LA Billboard Photo Inside)

Boondock

Reaction score
You can change your body, but the impact of baldness depends on your head shape and facial structure.

Buffing up and getting a good style will improve your overall look, but it won't turn a man ravaged by baldness back into a handsome lad.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
You can change your body, but the impact of baldness depends on your head shape and facial structure.

Buffing up and getting a good style will improve your overall look, but it won't turn a man ravaged by baldness back into a handsome lad.

This is why I'm screwed, I have a crooked face :(

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have always been considered a good looking guy. I am a Personal Trainer/Nutrition planner and did some fitness modeling in my early 30's. I'm just a couple months shy of 39 years old and my hair loss (very diffuse/no recession or bald spot) started at about 34. I guess I was lucky to start with a lot of hair and at a decent age, but the hair loss has affected me very much.

No matter how good everything else is, it's still like loosing a part of your youth and attractiveness. Last year I buzzed my hair down to very short and it looked ok. Because I'm a diffuse thinner, it looks a lot thicker when short. Honestly, though, it changed my whole look. I used to get that "pretty boy" comment all the time. Now people ask me if I'm an MMA fighter, boxer, etc. I guess that's ok, but not really reflective of me. Hair has a huge impact on your look. It sucks to loose it, but I am blessed to have an decent head shape. I stay in shape and under 8% body fat. It's a lot harder now at nearly 40, but I do not want to be fat ever and that is within all of us to control if we really want it.

Thanks, Ryan

Attachments

• hairat38.jpg
    hairat38.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 701
  • hairat36.jpg
    hairat36.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 695

Boondock

Reaction score
BornIn89 said:
Boondock said:

This is why I'm screwed, I have a crooked face :(

Same. I've tried the bald look but now I'm set on transplants. Not many people match the bald look worse than I did, based on my own opinion and that of others.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
A bald man can be stylish, but baldness itself isn't stylish. I don't know anyone who chooses baldness as a style unless they are going bald.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
A bald man can be stylish, but baldness itself isn't stylish. I don't know anyone who chooses baldness as a style unless they are going bald.
A lot of people choose baldness as a style.
When discussing about this, the whole "horseshoe shadow" dilemma begins

optimystic

Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
Who cares? How many users here look like that guy?

I look like that guy :whistle:

Im not sure he has a six pack though he needs to unbutton his shirt :p

That's just a bald dude with shades who is relatively fit (has done body building for 6 months or more)

And i cant completely tell but he looks like he's average height...

So why is it so inconcievable that a good number of people in this forum look like that guy?

optimystic

Reaction score
RSR38 said:
Well I have always been considered a good looking guy. I am a Personal Trainer/Nutrition planner and did some fitness modeling in my early 30's. I'm just a couple months shy of 39 years old and my hair loss (very diffuse/no recession or bald spot) started at about 34. I guess I was lucky to start with a lot of hair and at a decent age, but the hair loss has affected me very much.

No matter how good everything else is, it's still like loosing a part of your youth and attractiveness. Last year I buzzed my hair down to very short and it looked ok. Because I'm a diffuse thinner, it looks a lot thicker when short. Honestly, though, it changed my whole look. I used to get that "pretty boy" comment all the time. Now people ask me if I'm an MMA fighter, boxer, etc. I guess that's ok, but not really reflective of me. Hair has a huge impact on your look. It sucks to loose it, but I am blessed to have an decent head shape. I stay in shape and under 8% body fat. It's a lot harder now at nearly 40, but I do not want to be fat ever and that is within all of us to control if we really want it.

Thanks, Ryan

Dude ur friggin awesome.
Even though im 21 and balder than you (but maybe more fit than you? :p) i aspire to still look like you at your age. 38 and looking like that ARE YOU KIDDING ME wow man seriously :bravo:

But also to be fair my hair never looked as good as yours when you had it...Still atleast your hair stayed with you till 36 somehow lol even at 38 ur crewcut looks better and more solid than mine.

Funny about that boxer comment btw people here ask me if i was in the military last year i now answer yes coz it sounds cool :p I just roll with it...

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
optimystic said:
Ian Curtis said:
Who cares? How many users here look like that guy?

I look like that guy :whistle:

Im not sure he has a six pack though he needs to unbutton his shirt :p

That's just a bald dude with shades who is relatively fit (has done body building for 6 months or more)

And i cant completely tell but he looks like he's average height...

So why is it so inconcievable that a good number of people in this forum look like that guy?

Right...bcoz that brand of whatever would really pick a model to sell their products who looks just like a number of other bald guys. Dont wanna sound like a tool but would a brand of bikinis choose an overweight woman to sell their stuff?
If that guy is in a billboard to sell a product then he must be pretty much above average looking, he just happens to be bald, though he can pull it off, because hes above average looking.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
If that guy is in a billboard to sell a product then he must be pretty much above average looking, he just happens to be bald, though he can pull it off, because hes above average looking.

He's a good looking guy because of his clothing, lean body and accessories and any bald guy on this forum can look the same as this blurry billboard guy does. Do you always make excuses for why other people are better than you are?

This billboard photo is a perfect example of how clothing and accessories can make or break a person. The billboard is blurry for gods sake so we can't even see his height or face, yet everyone on this thread seems to be worshipping the guy as some sort of god. I could get a tan, sunglasses and trendy clothes tomorrow and you guys would be worshipping me the same way.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no ...balding is not ok...no matter how you dress or what kind of accesories you are using...
there some guys who use the baldness even they have head full of hair...
but they are those guys black skin tone...like roberto carlos or even ronaldo...

s.a.f

Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Ian Curtis said:

He's a good looking guy because of his clothing, lean body and accessories and any bald guy on this forum can look the same as this blurry billboard guy does. Do you always make excuses for why other people are better than you are?

This billboard photo is a perfect example of how clothing and accessories can make or break a person. The billboard is blurry for gods sake so we can't even see his height or face, yet everyone on this thread seems to be worshipping the guy as some sort of god. I could get a tan, sunglasses and trendy clothes tomorrow and you guys would be worshipping me the same way.

The guy is a fuckin MODEL !!! wether or not you can see him clearly in this pic, the fact is that he is on the billboard means that he is obviously on the books of a modelling agency and has been deemed good looking enough to be paid to be photographed how many guys on here can say that about themselves?

Clothing and accessories? f*** that whenever I go out I always wear decent designer gear its one thing that I have always been 'up on' since I was a kid. But how come I always see plenty of good looking guys wearing any old sh*t t shirt hooking up with hot women? Infact it almost seems to be a rule that the better looking a guy is the less effort he makes.
Come on when you look at a woman in a club are you going to pick the one with the best clothes even if she's an ugly dog or would you prefer the best looking girl even if her clothes are pretty average. All this compensation talk is bollocks, when it comes down to it good looks pwnes anything else clothes a fit body and a tan are benificial but wont take you out of your natural league.

optimystic

Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Ian Curtis said:

True that like i said i think i can pull of that same exact look.
Maybe even better coz i would unbutton my shirt :p
that guy's face isnt even showing. His nose might be ugly as hell and his eyes might be the most drowsy and u couldnt tell from those shades.

Im sorry im not belittling the model its not easy to be fit like that and modeling takes confidence BUT i dont see anything so naturally special about that guy that some1 on this forum can't have...

He's just a bald guy wearing sunglasses and modeling clothes because he is fit.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
no ...balding is not ok...no matter how you dress or what kind of accesories you are using...
there some guys who use the baldness even they have head full of hair...
but they are those guys black skin tone...like roberto carlos or even ronaldo...
And why it doesn't affect them as much as you?
Why are white guys so affected by hair loss yet Blackness choose it as a valid style?

And come on, white guys, specially young white guys also choose baldness as a style these days.

This is when people around here start complaining that kind of baldness is different because they don't have "a horse shoe shadow"

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Come on when you look at a woman in a club are you going to pick the one with the best clothes even if she's an ugly dog or would you prefer the best looking girl even if her clothes are pretty average.

Bullshit!

A group of smiling girls with OK faces wearing make-up and in cute clothes with hot bodies and trendy earrings will turn heads! Everyone will want to know who they are!

A group of pretty girls wearing crappy clothing and no make up will not turn heads.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I think a bald head, horsheshoe or not, can be attractive but also look at the picture. The guy is dressed well, displays confidence, and looks good (physically). Plus I would rather it be edgy and have a bald guy up there instead of a NW1 nerd.

theShade

Reaction score
If we're just judging by pure appearance and nothing else: It's not about being bald - it's about having a good look. Baldness makes this harder but they are hardly mutually exclusive. If being bald or a head-shaver, you can achieve a good look then the baldness/horseshoe/whatever ceases to matter.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i saw this one guy once who might have been a NW4 (shaved head with some growth), mid 20's, with two attractive girls by him..and i thought he was very attractive appearance wise. He had glasses that suited him and was wearing decent clothes, definitely made my head turn hehe :p then again he did have the head shape for it too.. :whistle:

But people who are actually attractive appearance wise, well i guess some don't care about wearing fashionable clothes since their looks do all the work.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
It's 2010. How does the world view bald guys? I was driving down Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles and saw this huge billboard. Discuss.

sam0195e.jpg

I think they've picked a bald model to go with the 'exclusivity' tagline so in that sense I think its a positive that the association is there that the slick bald look is still a very brave, individual look. Unfortunately for a lot of men, standing out from the crowd is exactly not what they want to be doing. This is where yer confidence comes into play, I guess.

s.a.f

Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
s.a.f said:
Come on when you look at a woman in a club are you going to pick the one with the best clothes even if she's an ugly dog or would you prefer the best looking girl even if her clothes are pretty average.

Bullshit!

A group of smiling girls with OK faces wearing make-up and in cute clothes with hot bodies and trendy earrings will turn heads! Everyone will want to know who they are!

A group of pretty girls wearing crappy clothing and no make up will not turn heads.

Lol way to completley change everything I said.

Jessica Alba in her ordinary everyday clothes or the checkout girl from McDonalds wearing a $5000 Prada dress, which would you choose?