Baldness is Stylish? (LA Billboard Photo Inside)

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
It's 2010. How does the world view bald guys? I was driving down Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles and saw this huge billboard. Discuss.

sam0195e.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
Wow 1 bald model in the world, who'd have thought it! What next a black guy being used in a tv advert! :shock:

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
S.A.F, you are some loser.

Hair loss and shaving heads has become a lot more accepted now and some good looking men can pull it off, therefore he is a model. I don't believe it's stylish though, most people try to avoid it and that's why it's a multi-million dollar industry.

s.a.f

Reaction score
decro435 said:

Hair loss and shaving heads has become a lot more accepted now and some good looking men can pull it off, therefore he is a model. I don't believe it's stylish though, most people try to avoid it and that's why it's a multi-million dollar industry.

Duh that was my whole point! :jackit:

Sarcasm:A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, “Oh, you've arrived exactly on time!â€￾

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
Who cares? How many users here look like that guy?

That's the point. Not many users look like that guy. Its not baldness holding you back. You can still be bald, stylish, fit and attractive.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
decro435 said:

Duh that was my whole point! :jackit:

Sarcasm:A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, “Oh, you've arrived exactly on time!â€￾

Do you explain all your opinions through sarcasm?.
How about just answering someone's question without having to resort to sounding like a dick.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Because IMO it was obvious that could of been a poster of Vin Diesel (the guy sure looks similar to him) but the point (thats been made countless times) is that its not the same for every bald guy. Very few can pull off the lok quite so well, which is why I thought this thread was pretty pointless. Its the same as wearing glasses put them on a top model and they still look almost as good as without them, but for joe average it makes them look worse than before.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Ian Curtis said:
Who cares? How many users here look like that guy?

That's the point. Not many users look like that guy. Its not baldness holding you back. You can still be bald, stylish, fit and attractive.

How old are you?

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Yeah but if you don't have the head shape for you it, then being stylish and fit can only barely raise your attractiveness.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldness in white males is becoming more and more accepted, but still not close to becoming a non-issue for many people

Its the same as wearing glasses put them on a top model and they still look almost as good as without them, but for joe average it makes them look worse than before.
I don't think this is a good example. And it really shows you how society can change their beauty standards.

I used glasses since I was 12 until my 20th birthday when I had surgery. I must admit my decision was in part because kids used to pick on me when I was little.
Suddenly, everyone is using glasses, even those tick nerd glasses that usually gave me nightmares when I went buying new ones.
In my old job, I found out two people that were using this Buddy Holly-like glasses even when they had perfect vision.
My old boss told me how stupid I was to get surgery when using glasses is the hottest thing these days.

jones89

Reaction score
VIN%2520DIESEL1.jpg

JasonStatham2.jpg

They key is to be buff and maybe have a bit of facial hair. Seriously who wants to be bald AND fat?

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Ian Curtis said:
How old are you?

I'm 25 years old. Why do you ask?

It seems very naive to me thinking that any bald guy can look like that model if he works his *** off at the gym, eats well and does whatever. Becoming fit will make a bald guy become more attractive, but I would never expect to look like that.
This is what a bald guy should do: Try to look better but dont obsess about his image and forget about the hair.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
It seems very naive to me thinking that any bald guy can look like that model if he works his *** off at the gym, eats well and does whatever. Becoming fit will make a bald guy become more attractive, but I would never expect to look like that.
This is what a bald guy should do: Try to look better but dont obsess about his image and forget about the hair.

Why can't you look like that guy?

I don't get why bald guys complain about something out of their control (baldness) but meanwhile they aren't doing everything within their control to make themselves look better.

Things within your control: nice tan, fit body, accessories, trendy clothing, tasteful jewelry, lotion on skin, tasteful cologne, waxed eyebrows, plucked nose hair, manicure, etc. The above model does those simple things.

Guys are willing to spend thousands of dollars on a hair transplant and spend countless hours dwelling on their hair loss, but they don't have the balls to go to a tanning salon, get an eyebrow wax and go for a jog every morning?

s.a.f

Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Ian Curtis said:

Why can't you look like that guy?

I don't get why bald guys complain about something out of their control (baldness) but meanwhile they aren't doing everything within their control to make themselves look better.

Things within your control: nice tan, fit body, accessories, trendy clothing, tasteful jewelry, lotion on skin, tasteful cologne, waxed eyebrows, plucked nose hair, manicure, etc. The above model does those simple things.

Guys are willing to spend thousands of dollars on a hair transplant and spend countless hours dwelling on their hair loss, but they don't have the balls to go to a tanning salon, get an eyebrow wax and go for a jog every morning?

WTF you're joking right? Models are born not made, of course they also do all those things to enhance what they've already got. But short of surgury theres nothing you can do about wether your face is handsome or ugly.
All those things you mentioned will not be enough for the average or below average guy to match the naturally handsome guy. Just look at CCS. :smack: There are plenty of guys on here who do go beyond the average in terms of trying to compensate but I'm guessing that Noone on here looks like that guy if they did they would'nt be too bothered about their hairloss.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
WTF you're joking right? Models are born not made, of course they also do all those things to enhance what they've already got. But short of surgury theres nothing you can do about wether your face is handsome or ugly.

For all we know the guy in the billboard could be really short and have a crooked nose but his overall style is the biggest factor and it makes him look like a total stud.

Nene

Reaction score
Not all of us can look like models even if we try our best to improve our looks. However, the damage can be minimized by staying fit and keeping a positive attitude. Going bald sucks but if you live life with sour puss face, no one will like you or want to be around you.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
"Not everyone looks like him"

You can't even tell what his face looks like. He seems to have a nice enough skull, but it's his style and fitness and oozing confidence that makes him look attractive in that photo, not his face or head.

He actually looks like Woody Harrelson

cuebald

Reaction score
Yea... No offense to CCS but I think he's the biggest proof around that money can't buy attractiveness.