Baldness cure may be coming after discovery of protein that fuels hair growth

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What ever the case may be, dermatologists don’t care about hair loss. That was my point, the label of “cosmetics” goes to show how low of a priority it is. No one cares about us baldies. We are subhuman. Psychological and social issues that male pattern baldness gives us is not enough for them.

Hair loss would need to be discovered as a link to a life threatening disease in order for it to gain attention.

Yeah dermatologists don't care about Hairloss. Their content with just prescribing Finasteride and Minoxidil and going on about their life probably knowing it doesn't really work for many people and has side effects but there's nothing else that they can really prescribe so their job ends there.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are at least 10 highly ranked universities and labs doing hair loss research.

stem cells/iPSCs, CRISPR, genome editing, 3D/4D bioprinting and many relatively new technologies are advancing tremendously every year.

Karl R. Koehler already showed to public that they can grown hair from 100% human iPSCs on skin, but they need to build technology for mass production and that is the biggest problem.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What ever the case may be, dermatologists don’t care about hair loss. That was my point, the label of “cosmetics” goes to show how low of a priority it is. No one cares about us baldies. We are subhuman. Psychological and social issues that male pattern baldness gives us is not enough for them.

Hair loss would need to be discovered as a link to a life threatening disease in order for it to gain attention.
Stop playing the pathetic victim card. Anyone who has ANY sort of disease is barely cared about by any doctor, unless the disease is cancer or you are insanely wealthy. Dermatologists give teenagers literal poison to deal with moderate-to-severe acne, and yet you are surprised about finasteride?

Welcome to the world, where computers and smart phones blind us from the reality of everything else being from the 60-70s.

Last edited:

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop playing the pathetic victim card. Anyone who has ANY sort of disease is barely cared about by any doctor, unless the disease is cancer or you are insanely wealthy. Dermatologists give teenagers literal poison to deal with moderate-to-severe acne, and yet you are surprised about finasteride?

Welcome to the world, where computers and smart phones blind us from the reality of everything else being from the 60-70s.
Pathetic victim card? If anyone looks stupid and pathetic it’s you with your silly and provocative assumptions. You sound like an ***. I didn’t think HairLossTalk.com would still be attracting asshats to sign up here.

You should refrain from accusing someone of using the victim card on MBP if you do not know everything else about them.

I have the following diseases/things happen to me:

Alopecia Areata.
Vitiligo.
Keratoconus (I was legally blind by 19)
Bell’s Palsy on half of my face, never fully recovered.
And medically diagnosed extreme sensitivity to light.

Remember when I said I went to the dermatologist for something unrelated to male pattern baldness. Yeah.

With all that said, despite all of the crap I have physically gone through, male pattern baldness is still the most bothersome one. And the worst. I can even see again.

So don’t come talk to me about the victim card when it comes to male pattern baldness.

That is pretty stupid and insensitive. But I get it. It’s the internet where everyone decides to act stupid.

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermatologists usually know nothing about hair loss, unless they specialize in it specifically, and make a career out of it. And that is a small amount of med school students who pursue research on hairloss.

I remember the moment I realized dermatologists don’t care about male pattern baldness. From my experience, they are largely clueless about male pattern baldness. I made several visits/follow-ups for a skin condition, in a highly regarded research university. This school is always top 3 overall on usnews, top 5 university in medical research:

None of the dermatologists knew what minoxidil and finasteride was. I had to use the brand names, Rogaine and Propecia, and that happened to ring a bell. They did not know the drug names of treatments that have been around since the 90s. That should tell you everything right there: hair loss is largely ignored by the medical field.

In another dermatology clinic, a fancy/expensive one, the dermatologists there had no idea about the derma roll/dermapen studies for hair loss. I’ve since had no more visits to dermatologists and just read forums for help (like hair loss talk).

I know this may sound crazy because a dermatologist has 12 years of higher education including 8 years for med school and residency: the truth is some random Jon Doe off the streets like me or you, who reads up on hairloss news, science, and research, will likely have more knowledge about hair loss than a general derm. This is my 12th year as a member of hair loss talk. No med school needed. No $250k med school debt. And I pretty much taught those derms what is the drug name of Rogaine and Propecia. 22 year old me (at the time). And it’s not their age or outdated knowledge, there were young derms and old derms interacting with me. None of them knew much about male pattern baldness and their treatments.

So, dermatologists aren’t/can’t be embarrassed about something they don’t even know exists.
Why would it surprise you? I wouldnt even expect the average dermatologist to know much about hairloss since it's not really health issue, it's aesthetic issue. I have never even tryied to go to dermatologist to consult about my hairloss or something, all the information I gathered was purely from the internet

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would it surprise you? I wouldnt even expect the average dermatologist to know much about hairloss since it's not really health issue, it's aesthetic issue. I have never even tryied to go to dermatologist to consult about my hairloss or something, all the information I gathered was purely from the internet
It surprised me because I was very young and didn’t know that dermatologist were so clueless about male pattern baldness.