Baldness cure could be here in five years say experts

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/500588/Baldness-cure-here-in-five-years

Yes, I know what you say, that this is for AA, not for male pattern baldness. But one guy on the BTT forum have write comments which suggest that this class of drugs may work on male pattern baldness:

This recent patent suggests that this class of drugs work on male pattern baldness too...

Here is the link:
http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014013014A1?cl=en

http://tinyurl.com/oq36zxt

It is interesting because we have been assuming that JAK inhibitors only act on the immune system and thus they would only work on AA/AU. But as Dr Christiano and this patent suggest JAK inhibitors seem to also stimulate follicle stem cells. This point is crucial for their potential effectiveness in male pattern baldness.

http://tinyurl.com/q8drcjy

bram1988

Reaction score
Ofcourse i do. With the speed of technological improvements nowadays it is only a matter of time medical development will catch up and we are going to benefit from it. Lets stay positive.

resu

Reaction score
Wow never heard this one before, surely this must be it.

Seriously though, watch Dr. Christiano cure male pattern baldness as well. I bet before her AA sufferers thought their condition when it came to treatments was a brick wall.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Ofcourse i do. With the speed of technological improvements nowadays it is only a matter of time medical development will catch up and we are going to benefit from it. Lets stay positive.

There is an incredible difference between the speed of technological improvements of medicine and other fields.

There is no huge difference between stone age medicine and today's medicine, sad but true. Improvements in this field are very slow

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Five or 500 years away or tomorrow. If or when the world has an Androgenetic Alopecia cure in their hands none of the bull**** about it will matter anymore. That's a fact.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
John Reynolds from Sunday Express is an incompetent writer. I hope he gets fired and never works in publishing ever again.

This 'within 5 years' bullsh*t is just another way for society to mock us. If I hear 'within 5 years' one more I'm going to fvcking vomit.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The simple truth is no one really has any idea how far away from a cure we are. You honestly cant predict it and anyone saying some number of years is basically wildly guessing. I dont think you can you even make any educated guess because until someone pieces everything together proving it works or stumbles on some treatment you cant say what might work or what wont. New problems can pop up anywhere and they can be any difficulty to solve.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Yup. Only problem is the joke is on us.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I laughed so hard that it still hurts inside.:sobbing:

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"Mimimimi researchers don't have a clue mimimimi society wants to oppress us".
If researchers are so stupid and incompetent as you say, why don't you just go find a cure yourself?

Learn to distinguish between click-fishing by third-tier press (they know that they will get a lot of clicks by addressing the hopes of a huge part of their readers) and confirmed statements. But yeah, selective perception is great for finding reasons to get upset again. The only definitive statement in this article said, by the way, 10 years. I agree on this estimate for treatments to halt Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness completely (about regrowth I cant say anything, but I am sure limited but sustained regrowth will be possible - the rest could maybe be filled up with FUE?), though for many of us it will be too late.

You guys should follow more closely what is going on with RepliCel. They just got their hands on a second cell production facility for backup. Neither would a) they get their hands on one, nor b) would anybody give them one if their approach didn't work.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone can say it. But only time will say us if it was true.

do you remember Whitfield?

Common baldness is freaking hard to know well, and before a cure must be a preventive method.

When a real and effective preventive method for common baldness? 5 years too?

Both things, preventive and cure, require unravel hair biology, and now we barely understand why androgens affect differntly to body or scalp hair, or the donor dominance?, or..... The travel is long.... but it is more easy try to stop the degenerative process than a cure (regeneration)....

moskva

Reaction score
John Reynolds from Sunday Express is an incompetent writer. I hope he gets fired and never works in publishing ever again.

This 'within 5 years' bullsh*t is just another way for society to mock us. If I hear 'within 5 years' one more I'm going to fvcking vomit.
True, the media is full of sh*t and we don't know how long exactly would there be a cure. But through out time we are accumulating knowledge and understand this disease better n better, logically we are closer and closer to the ultimate destination. Personally I even think we have already seen a clue of the cure. Culture 3000 unit load of dp cells, let them multiply 4 times, reform into follicle bulbs, get 42000 units and we can be all happy like dogs. What we can do to make this sci-fi come true earlier is to give a boost to those smartasses like lauster jahoda etc in some way. If we become more active things may turn more positive.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Benji, You are positively right in respect to your comments about how certain press agencies premeditatedly exploit reader's emotions as a means to manipulate the desired reaction(s). It can be said that there will increasingly persists, a bottomless gorge of lucrative capital opportunity waiting to be tapped and drained dry from the heavy heart strings of countless vulnerable, unprotected and/ or misinformed individuals. As long as we/ they allow our feelings to be held hostage by irresponsible news operatives, well then media hyperbole and manufactured pseudo press prophecy are here to stay. On a more encouraging note, I am glad to hear your opinion of Replicel continues to swing on the up and up. Although few and far between; clearly important events like this can help give our demoralizes state the much needed momentum and motivation to anchor our minds around research developments that are actually achieving real promise.