Balding?

Ash6427

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a 14 male. For a couple weeks I have been worried about my hair as I think I am either balding or my hairline is receding.
my hair I quite long and it makes me who I am so if either of what I thing is happening then I am going to be heart broken but ill deal. I haven’t gone to see anyone about it so I want someone on here’s opinion first. I hope someone can help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First, I highly highly recommend you ask your parents to take you to a dermatologist rather than asking here. No one here can tell if you have hairloss without proper equipment.

Your hairline most likely looked like that for the longest time. I've had many friends who have your hairline at your age and they've stayed that way for forever so don't panic at all. You also have naturally thin hair which can make you think you are balding even when you are not.
I also know many many teenagers who are balding but don't even know it because it's very common and natural. We often think that balding people are those with no hair at all. But actually, people lose hair throughout their life. So everyone is actually balding to an extent.

Secondly, please please please stay off this website. Many people on here are very depressed and want to make you feel horrible. This website is about researching new treatments for hairloss which should not concern you. This is because you are very young, by the time you are bald, there will already be a cure to hairloss. This is something your generation will never have to worry about.

Finally, I really do not think you are balding and you will not have to worry for many many years to come. Your doctor is best qualified to take care of you. But if your doctor prescribes you any medication that you want to know more about, feel free to message me directly.

I do not want to see you on this forum again. There are sections of this forum dedicated to depressed and lonely men to vent that no one, regardless of age, should be exposed to. I, myself, try to stay away from these sections.

If you still want to keep up with the research that we are making in hairloss visit folliclethought.com. They have a much better summary of the research. This forum discusses personal experiences with new treatments, costs, and safety concerns which is less important and informative.

Last edited:

Ash6427

My Regimen
Reaction score
First, I highly highly recommend you ask your parents to take you to a dermatologist rather than asking here. No one here can tell if you have hairloss without proper equipment.

Your hairline most likely looked like that for the longest time. I've had many friends who have your hairline at your age and they've stayed that way for forever so don't panic at all. You also have naturally thin hair which can make you think you are balding even when you are not.
I also know many many teenagers who are balding but don't even know it because it's very common and natural. We often think that balding people are those with no hair at all. But actually, people lose hair throughout their life. So everyone is actually balding to an extent.

Secondly, please please please stay off this website. Many people on here are very depressed and want to make you feel horrible. This website is about researching new treatments for hairloss which should not concern you. This is because you are very young, by the time you are bald, there will already be a cure to hairloss. This is something your generation will never have to worry about.

Finally, I really do not think you are balding and you will not have to worry for many many years to come. Your doctor is best qualified to take care of you. But if your doctor prescribes you any medication that you want to know more about, feel free to message me directly.

I do not want to see you on this forum again. There are sections of this forum dedicated to depressed and lonely men to vent that no one, regardless of age, should be exposed to. I, myself, try to stay away from these sections.

If you still want to keep up with the research that we are making in hairloss visit folliclethought.com. They have a much better summary of the research. This forum discusses personal experiences with new treatments, costs, and safety concerns which is less important and informative.
I wasn’t expecting such a long response but thank you either way. I was simply here to ask just to make sure. I personally have severe depression and anxiety so when I noticed my hairline was like that I panicked and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Either way thank you for the advice and help. I’ll stay off this forum so don’t worry. Thank you again for the help.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn’t expecting such a long response but thank you either way. I was simply here to ask just to make sure. I personally have severe depression and anxiety so when I noticed my hairline was like that I panicked and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Either way thank you for the advice and help. I’ll stay off this forum so don’t worry. Thank you again for the help.
I can relate to that. Depression and anxiety can make you think things are worse than they actually are. In fact, most of the crazies on this forum genuinely have no hairloss at all. You seem very mature and I'm happy that I won't see you on here anymore. Sometimes, let your parents or an adult you trust know if you are going through a tough time. They will have also gone through crises and can give you advice and comfort. Everyone needs a deep conversation and a hug sometimes.
I wish you the best of luck!
BTW, I genuinely don't think you don't have hairloss from the pictures. Its just your forehead haha.

jazz1

Reaction score
I would see a dermatologist or doctor with your parents.

Ash6427

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a 14 male. For a couple weeks I have been worried about my hair as I think I am either balding or my hairline is receding.
my hair I quite long and it makes me who I am so if either of what I thing is happening then I am going to be heart broken but ill deal. I haven’t gone to see anyone about it so I want someone on here’s opinion first. I hope someone can help
After weeks of asking my mum she said I was overreacting and my dad had the same hairline so I shouldn’t worry.
i told her it’s had a major effect on my mental health and I know it’s stupid but I’ve though of killing my self multiple times recently. I’m not a professional so i don’t know if it’s getting worse or not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 105

DHTbalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it look a lot different than it did before? That would say a lot. Considering how young you are, I’d assume you’ve always had a high hairline. Nonetheless, it looks like the early stages of male pattern baldness. Topical minoxidil is a good start.