Balding with a girlfriend

d116

Reaction score
I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 20 years old, we're living together and we love each other very much, she always mentions how much she loves my hair.
My hair is thinning rapidly lately and it's not gonna take much time until she'll start noticing it and I'm very scared of this.
I know that if she'll finish our relationship because of this then obviously she was never worth it but to me it feels like pretty soon she'll have to lower her standards in men because of me, I'm 100% certain that if I was bald she wouldn't have STARTED dating me in the first place because she's only 20 and everyone her age have great hair.
Our relationship isn't based just on good looks but if I was to date a guy in when I'm 20 him being bald would be a huge obstacle.
I don't know what I'm getting at, my confidence is just really low, losing my hair at my early 20's seems like the hardest trial I've ever had to go through.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 20 years old, we're living together and we love each other very much, she always mentions how much she loves my hair.
My hair is thinning rapidly lately and it's not gonna take much time until she'll start noticing it and I'm very scared of this.
I know that if she'll finish our relationship because of this then obviously she was never worth it but to me it feels like pretty soon she'll have to lower her standards in men because of me, I'm 100% certain that if I was bald she wouldn't have STARTED dating me in the first place because she's only 20 and everyone her age have great hair.
Our relationship isn't based just on good looks but if I was to date a guy in when I'm 20 him being bald would be a huge obstacle.
I don't know what I'm getting at, my confidence is just really low, losing my hair at my early 20's seems like the hardest trial I've ever had to go through.

propecia+rogaine foam,get on it and fast.youl be suprised what it can do for you

d116

Reaction score
I'm using minoxidil for the past two years and it stopped working, I don't want to take propecia because of the side effects.
I would say I don't mind losing my hair as much as I think it would put my girlfriend in a difficult position where she has to "settle" for a bald boyfriend while EVERYONE her age have boyfriends with hair, like she's being forced in a position she didn't sign up for

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, she is going to age did you sign up for that? What if she starts adding a lot of extra weight?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
B

Beingbaldsucksass

The majority of people who take propecia arnt experiencing any sides,(and I'm one of them) and if you do you can just lower the dose, That's enough that a small percent does and that small percent will make so much noise about that on the Internet that will scare everyone.

but if you believe every lie you hear on the Internet then you deserve losing all your hair and yes she will leave you, just like youl leave her if she will be fat, don't be a hypocrite, asking woman to date bald guys is like asking man to date obese girls, it's means nothing about quality,

And minoxidil dident "stopped working" it's just that it's for regrowth, not for stopping the hairloss, that's why you must take propecia, it's the only proven thing to stop hairloss and it worked for many people who started early and taking it for years, those who bash it are those who started after they lost tO much and thought it will do magic for them

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
The majority of people who take propecia arnt experiencing any sides,(and I'm one of them) and if you do you can just lower the dose, That's enough that a small percent does and that small percent will make so much noise about that on the Internet that will scare everyone.

but if you believe every lie you hear on the Internet then you deserve losing all your hair and yes she will leave you, just like youl leave her if she will be fat, don't be a hypocrite, asking woman to date bald guys is like asking man to date obese girls, it's means nothing about quality,

And minoxidil dident "stopped working" it's just that it's for regrowth, not for stopping the hairloss, that's why you must take propecia, it's the only proven thing to stop hairloss and it worked for many people who started early and taking it for years, those who bash it are those who started after they lost tO much and thought it will do magic for them
so much truth here

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
My advice would be:

1. Have as much great sex as you can, don't hold back now because it will be infinitely more difficult to get laid once baldness really sets in.

2. Eventually you should confront her with the facts BEFORE she starts to notice. Tell her what is happening to you and get her honest reaction. Don't wait because then she's going to have to lie to you.

3. Get on treatments if you want.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Gettin on treatment alone can have him maintain for the next 10 years at least

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
honestly, man, i doubt it would affect her relationship towards you. our hair loss bothers us more than it bothers anyone else.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
For her, you loosing your hair is one helluva test for your relationship. I hope she passes!