Balding Slowly Or Just Overly Concerned?

Thinning or just thin hair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cero

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am extremely concerned my hair is thinning all over slowly, yet I have no way of proving this outside of a long test.

A little bit of background on my hair. 27 years old. It's always been "thin" I couldn't ever really use anything outside of extra strength hair gel and expect it to hold due to the distance between the hairs would always make my hair look greasy and have some scalp showing through when short and just plain not hold if even somewhat long. I've never had thick hair and don't expect to I've always had nice hair though and due to keeping it at a low to medium length cut have no pictures to compare it with. Even my hair stylist when I used to go to one (I've been cutting it myself for the last 8 years) just told me that I don't have a lot of density that my hair was fine

Why I think I might be going bald or lossing hair all over evenly is iv noticed my scalp alot more not sure if this is just cause I'm getting older my fear even when I was younger has always been going bald it's the most important thing to my self image and has been since I was at least 5 that being said I never really paid to much attention or took pictures of myself often between the ages of 15-25 so few in fact there is probably 10 or less pictures between those years.

So I buzzed my hair to 3/4 an inch and over the next few months in goingoing to be taking photos in the exact same lighting. I'm trying some vitamins for hair that include saw palmetto and biotin. And maybe a month in will be adding minoxidil into the mix after a month using the vitamins.

But I want to get some opinions on my hair.

One picture of me is recent before I shaved everything off just to see what it's like at this density at my normal length.

The picture with a shaved head and read background is a year ago and at least to me there is no noticable difference. the amount of scalp you can see is almost the exact same there isn't a noticeable difference. Also another reason I am concerned is I read on a bunch of websites that you shouldn't see scalp at all on a number 3 or a 3/8" buzz.

NowView attachment 104760
1 year ago
View attachment 104763

Last edited:

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
That's about where I was at your age. You are going to go insane obsessing with it. Could be diffused thinning. Start some kind of regiment and keep an eye on it. No worries for now though,...

Cero

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's about where I was at your age. You are going to go insane obsessing with it. Could be diffused thinning. Start some kind of regiment and keep an eye on it. No worries for now though,...
Thanks for the reply, I'm trying the vitamins that I purchased and I am debating about trying the minoxidil just yet.