Balding Since 11 Years Old - Considering Finasteride - My Story

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
About 15 months now.

Two pics of now and one pic of baseline.

Most thickening have been in at the middle of the bald area. It's like a line of terminal hairs while the left and right side of the balding area haven't catched up yet. Don't really know if you can tell from the pics what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• about15.jpg
    about15.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 906
  • about 15.jpg
    about 15.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 891
  • baseline.jpg
    baseline.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good progress mg. I started balding young too but my hairloss is not as aggressive as yours. All the best to you!

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
16 ½ months:

I've stopped using 2 % liquid minoxidil on the vertex and instead I have used 5 % minoxidil foam for the last three weeks.

Attachments

• 17149061_10208398633187447_1583536156_o.jpg
    17149061_10208398633187447_1583536156_o.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 906
  • 17121645_10208398633027443_1484694415_o.jpg
    17121645_10208398633027443_1484694415_o.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 758

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
16 ½ months:

I've stopped using 2 % liquid minoxidil on the vertex and instead I have used 5 % minoxidil foam for the last three weeks.
Looks good. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: M.G

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good progress man, I have found the foam to be much less irritable and effective than liquid minoxidil. Keep it up you're making good progress, would be nice to post some hairline pics in the future as it seems your front has thickened up quite a bit too!

Goodluck :)

Reactions: M.G

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Good progress man, I have found the foam to be much less irritable and effective than liquid minoxidil. Keep it up you're making good progress, would be nice to post some hairline pics in the future as it seems your front has thickened up quite a bit too!

Goodluck :)

Thanks! Yeah, the foam is just so much better and easy to use. I have to import the stuff from US though since they don't sell the foam version here in Sweden, which is weird since Sweden are usually at the front for most things.

I'm hesitant on posting any hairline pics at the moment. I have made progress, especially the last two-three months, but it's mostly just visible to me at the moment. I figure the hairline will take twice the amount of time for it to catch up with the crown, and that's if I have any luck with the hairline.

j9y

Reaction score
Where you are in your last pics is exactly what mine looks like. I've not gone on to the big 3 yet though and im 33.

Where did you get your finasteride from?.

Oh and you've definitely progressed over time, keep it up dude.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Where you are in your last pics is exactly what mine looks like. I've not gone on to the big 3 yet though and im 33.

Where did you get your finasteride from?.

Oh and you've definitely progressed over time, keep it up dude.

If you start at the stage that I'm at the moment and are diffuse on the crown, you could have great results with the big 3. Are you considering starting the big 3?

I have a prescription from my doctor for Finasteride Accord 1 mg.

j9y

Reaction score
If you start at the stage that I'm at the moment and are diffuse on the crown, you could have great results with the big 3. Are you considering starting the big 3?

I have a prescription from my doctor for Finasteride Accord 1 mg.

I considered the big 3 years ago, i did buy fincar 5mg but ended up not using it and now the date expired.

Im now in a position to give it a real shot, but im finding it tricky to find where to buy finasteride cheaply as i did before. I am in the UK. I can get it from a doctor via email/bank payment which members on here recommend. But his prices are high! im talking 1mg 12 month = £630 (766$). Or he does generic 14 months supply of 5mg for £160 (195$).

But ideally i want a hassle free 1mg dosage without cutting it.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost 18 months:

Attachments

• DSC_0219.JPG
    DSC_0219.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 738
  • DSC_0222.JPG
    DSC_0222.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 751

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed any positive changes on hairline/temples?

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed any positive changes on hairline/temples?

At the far side of my temples, a little bit, yeah. The rest? No, hardly anything at all.

I've maintained mostly at the hairline. I've gain som small vellus hair here and there, but nothing that makes a real visual difference yet.

Snipping Balls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello.
I must say the progress looks good!
Im in the same situation with having to deal with retrograde Alopecia.
I was just wondering, you say you live in Sweden and getting the minoxidil foam shipped to you from USA.
Could you please tell me from where? Im from Denmark, and I can't find any website that are willing to ship to Scandinavia.
Cheers

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I must say the progress looks good!
Im in the same situation with having to deal with retrograde Alopecia.
I was just wondering, you say you live in Sweden and getting the minoxidil foam shipped to you from USA.
Could you please tell me from where? Im from Denmark, and I can't find any website that are willing to ship to Scandinavia.
Cheers

I buy it from Ebay. There's lots of sellers.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
So, after 4+ months of Rogain Foam, I can be completely sure that minoxidil haven't done jack sh*t for me. It simply don't work on me. Not the liquid, not the foam.

I'm still gonna keep on using it just in case some hair of mine is now "minoxidil-dependent" or whatever.

I haven't updated with pics in a while but there isn't much new happening really.

I think that - barring I don't quit finasteride and I keep getting regrowth at the same growth rate - then maybe, only maybe somewhere around the 3-year mark I will have a recovered crown. Recovered as in that I got okay coverage.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, after 4+ months of Rogain Foam, I can be completely sure that minoxidil haven't done jack sh*t for me. It simply don't work on me. Not the liquid, not the foam.
4 months is too early to judge for Minoxidil.
It takes 6 months to notice any effect and in some cases 12 months.
After 24 months it may stop working.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
4 months is too early to judge for Minoxidil.
It takes 6 months to notice any effect and in some cases 12 months.
After 24 months it may stop working.

I've previously used 2% liquid minoxidil for more than a year. Didn't work.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've previously used 2% liquid minoxidil for more than a year. Didn't work.
Not surprising, 2% also did nothing to me.
After I restarted 5% my crown thickened up a bit, but far from where it once was.