Balding population

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
This has crossed my mind a few times now. There are only 65k registered members on this forum. The balding population of course is much higher than out. Why isn't everyone else visiting forums like this?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The opposite is true. The brightest ones don't let natural balding consume precious time. I wish i'd have been one of those people.

I really don't agree with the whole idea that you should ignore baldness. I guess if you're "lucky enough not to care" then good for you.

But that doesn't mean it won't influence what other people think of you or how they interact with you.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Denial. Ignorance. Lack of self-awareness.

We are smart enough to care I guess.

The opposite is true. The brightest ones don't let natural balding consume precious time. I wish i'd have been one of those people.

Strap yourselves in folks. This is gonna be a long one.

BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't agree with the whole idea that you should ignore baldness. I guess if you're "lucky enough not to care" then good for you.

But that doesn't mean it won't influence what other people think of you or how they interact with you.

''what other people think of you'' this sounds so pathetic, you should NOT care what others think of you.

jd_uk

Reaction score

You wouldn't because you're on this forum. But most guys in the real world do just shrug their shoulders and get on with life. And many of them are successful and happy regardless. I know because I have friends, colleagues, ex collegues who are this way. Bald or balding with nice girlfriends and wives, kids etc. Worrying and obsessing about hair loss sort of becomes an addiction...once you start doing so then it becomes hard to stop. The hours, weeks, months spent wasted thinking about hair loss, trying treatments, some of them dangerous...if you can be one of those guys who just gets on life then it is always preferable. I wish i had been one of them but I have that element of OCD/ perfectionism in me and while I am confident in a lot of areas, I'm not confident enough that it doesn't stop me. I don't care what anyone here says but confidence in life goes a long way.

- - - Updated - - -

Strap yourselves in folks. This is gonna be a long one.

Nope i'm bored of debating the same old cr*p...i dont know how the same people do it day in day out. I know my thoughts

jd_uk

Reaction score
Confidence again. Too bad you positivers never give a definition of it.

It means you can predict a situation based on experience.

As a bald man, you can be confident that a night out in a club or a bar won't end with you having sex with a hot girl.

So yeah, confidence goes a long way. Yet, judging by the amount of bald guys I see in clubs, some of them aren't quite confident yet.

If they were, they would know that they are wasting their time.

You see what I did here?

Now stop using that word, especially when you don't even know its definition.

Zzzz. The thing is someone like you would never have genuine confidence in themselves so you wouldn't know what it was if it struck you in the face. Put it this way, i know many guys who don't go walking around head down like life has beaten them up. A close relative of mine is one of the most confident guys i know....great job both financially and in terms of what he does, one of the best guys I know with women, funny, cocky, good social circle etc...and he is NW5. Maybe if all he did was online dating then he wouldn't do so well but i seriously doubt he gives a f*ck. He's never short of women just because of his nature..he's a good guy to be around and I know has bedded a lot of women. Someone like you will never accept this or let go of your 'its only looks' attitude but that's your failing and nobody elses. A lot of people in real life would laugh at the stuff on this forum. The 'in jokes' here about confidence woulr be humorous elsewhere for different reasons. And still, to underline all this, i'm not for one minute suggesting that looks fon't mstter at all because they do...but there are so many people out there who do just fine regardless and nothing you or anyone else who likes to debate these things can change that fact.

jd_uk

Reaction score
yet i see hundreds of bald guys not caring, including my dad, so the point you're making is irrelevant.

Yep. And the point i am making is that i wish i had been one of those guys who never bothered to let hair loss affect me in the first place. I think losing your hair is always a bit unnervinng for any guy but some guys just handle it way better than others. Some guys get in on the joke, laugh it off and are successful anyway..some guys are broken by it.

tooldude

Reaction score
lol at people saying that you have to care about hair. Hair is something completely aesthetic. It makes no difference for health or well-being whatsoever. Weak minds care about what everyone else thinks . The truth is no one really cares about your hair(loss) except for you.

tooldude

Reaction score
well, i know bald guys that pull in 9s and guys with full head of hair with no luck at all. Of course that's not every case. I know it's cliche on these forums, but it really is mostly about confidence. When guys lose their hair, especially at a young age, their confidence drops to levels they've never seen. Whether they know it or not, beta males are what repulse women.. If your friends are making fun of something that you naturally cannot control, i'd say you need to stop hanging out with shallow people.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who has lived as both an attractive and unattractive person, I can tell you that the quality of life between the two is not even comparable.
it's what's in your head, not on it. If you were ever truly attractive, your many other "attractive" qualities will show. Otherwise, you were never really attractive and just had nice hair at some point in your life

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's what's in your head, not on it. If you were ever truly attractive, your many other "attractive" qualities will show. Otherwise, you were never really attractive and just had nice hair at some point in your life

Being attractive allows you to forgo the step of trying to make yourself stand out in many instances.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that you can't have success or find enjoyment without it, but from both my experience and observation, it makes many things way easier.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
''what other people think of you'' this sounds so pathetic, you should NOT care what others think of you.

Right. And along with that, I guess I'd better also become a hermit and live alone on a remote island.

Since you know this well enough to preach it, why are you on a hair loss forum trying to save your hair? Why don't you just sort out whatever is wrong "in your head", and live confidently with baldness? Surely easier than getting on all these hair loss treatments.

Or are you just one of those people who's balding but doesn't care, and came here on a hair loss forum to convince the rest of us? :confused:

As far as your definition of attractiveness, I'm sorry to tell you but attractiveness is not a single trait. It's additive. You lose hair, well you lost one of the things that made you attractive. Whether that's enough to make you "unattractive" is individual, but the majority of the time it made you look worse. That's a given.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Typical rationalizations that we tell ourselves as we're starting to lose our hair. Been there, done that.

"Look at 'random bald guy' (celebrity or among your acquaintances), he's doing great!".

None of these things will help you feel better, it might for a few days, weeks or months, but you will come back to reality.

And the reality is that hair loss will negatively impact your life. There's no point nitpicking obvious truths like these.

Confidence is knowing you're able to do something, because you've done it before and you know it works.

You're confident that this 20 year old hottie will have sex with you, because you've done it before.

All my friends made fun of my hair loss at a point. I wasn't stupid, they're still my friends, because they're great people.

Feel free to tell all your potential girlfriends, friends and family to f-ck off because they're "shallow people".

What will you do after that? Live on as a hermit on an island as whatevr said?!

Haha, and the icing on the cake! "It's what's in your head that counts!" You cane find posts from 1999 on forums saying that BS.

Always uttered by borderline fullheads of course. Again, it won't help you. Because in the end, reality will remain reality.

Baldness will remain ugly, baldness will put you at the bottom of the social totem pole. People will mock you for it, women will turn you down for it.

And many opportunities you might have had with a full head of hair will be lost. Those moments you might have lived, they will never happen.

Bottom line: hold on to that hair, get a transplant, do everything in your power to have some hair on your head. Or suffer the consequences.

Like a broken record as always but you ignore the facts...i.e that many guys do just fine regardless.

you asked confidence in what...well the family member I am referring to...in pretty much anything. I've never really seen him get nervous... he's a good public speaker, great with women.... and he's NW5. Not necessarily a particularly good looking guy but he has charisma and a confidence that someone like you definitely could never have. I mean I will never be like that either, but you certainly wont be because you really have to be the most negative person I've ever seen on the forums. That's why you're renowned on here.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like a broken record as always but you ignore the facts...i.e that many guys do just fine regardless.

The guys that do fine are obviously not bothered by hair loss (to the point that we are). And we are here because we ARE bothered and can't look past it. The fact that some guy lives fine as a bald guy has no bearing on ME because I can't possibly do the same. Because I care, and I don't want to pretend that I don't. So, **** me, for caring I guess, but I do. And it's not going to make it any easier for me that someone else doesn't.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a fairly good looking guy. I always have girls looking at me at the bar and it's so easy for me to talk to them (not being cocky, I am far from it). My hair is dwindling fast and I feel like everything I stated up above will disappear as soon as I shave my head. I just discovered toppik and it makes my hair look pretty damn good, but I am disgusted in myself for using it. My whole situation is honestly making me feel mentally ill and I fantasize about number 1ing my head and getting my depressed *** back into the gym. The one thing in the back of my head though.. I will no longer have that initial attraction I give off to girls, something I've enjoyed my entire life. I have a great job as a programmer, a good personality but I've convinced myself my hair will destroy me. Once you get this mentality that I'm sure many of you here have, it spreads like a disease. I want so badly to get away from these forums, from staring at my hair in the rear view mirror of my car more than the road, for this whole thing to just be over. I need to figure out what it takes to just cut ties with this miserable obsession and finally enjoy life again.

jd_uk

Reaction score
The guys that do fine are obviously not bothered by hair loss (to the point that we are). And we are here because we ARE bothered and can't look past it. The fact that some guy lives fine as a bald guy has no bearing on ME because I can't possibly do the same. Because I care, and I don't want to pretend that I don't. So, **** me, for caring I guess, but I do. And it's not going to make it any easier for me that someone else doesn't.

That's fair enough. Anyone who is on these forums cares. I'm just saying that i would rather be one of the guys who didn't care about it much.