Balding People Look Unhealthy And Diseased

Balding people look unhealthy and diseased?

• Agree

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Disagree

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
Fyi i'm 31, hair has been receding since 18. Am now Norwood 3-4. This is a rant but i'm not feeling sorry for myself, i'm trying to put balding into perspective. I'm pissed it's considered "normal"

Something about balding feels off. I don't care people say it's genetic, environmental, it's this is that. I honestly don't know what it is but something must be causing it. No way a human specimen looks like this, ESPECIALLY AT A YOUNG AGE.

I don't care X actor looks somewhat ok. I don't care some bald guys have success with women. Get them a full head of hair and their success will spike up ten-fold.

There's no way a healthy human specimen looks like this.

If aliens come and take a quick look at our species, they'd think the balding ones are diseased or dying or something.

If I were a woman, i'd always pick a full head over a thinning head or bald head. It's not just me, there's studies showing this bias. And honestly I can't fault them, I understand them.

If I see a woman showing hair loss, i'm always inclined not to pick her.

It looks off, weird, lame, unhealthy.

Look at a top athlete (muscled, low % body fat, etc). Look at a thinning/bald top athlete. Something does not feel right - whatever his fitness level is. Whatever his social status is, whatever your whatever is, balding is NOT NORMAL. Makes you step back and think wtf?

I watch so many guys that are balding now, young ones. Severely thinning at 25-35. Bald at 30. Or I watch myself. Whatever. I don't watch them/me and think "wow, what a fine male specimen", i think "something is wrong with this dude and it's turning me off"

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you are not bringing a whole lot new wisdom to the table, especially not in this echo chamber.
I think recession is more lenient on the eye than diffuse thinning though. I never considered Bill Murray, Woody Harrelson or Tom Hanks as looking sickly in the slightest.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree and I hate to say it, but if I were a woman, especially a young woman, I'd go for the hair, N2 acceptable, everything else - out.

So relevant to your topic, note from the article posted on these forums: https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jmf.2017.4101 What do we have in the first paragraph -

"Alopecia is divided into two categories: androgenic alopecia and nonandrogenic alopecia. An androgen-dependent abnormality of biological functions causes alopecia in males,..."

The very definition of a diseased state.

BaldAndLoveIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just think it looks dirty and unclean. Ditched my bald spot for a tight buzz and a tan, and I'm getting compliments on the daily

Reaction score
No, I don't see it that way. Bald people may not look unhealthy. There many ways to look smart and healthy even in such a condition.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
op preaches the truth, every time you see a guy with nw2+ receded hairline he looks ill, sort of something is wrong with his immune system and health, disfunctional person.

No, I don't see it that way. Bald people may not look unhealthy. There many ways to look smart and healthy even in such a condition.
giga cope

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
op nailed it, great post