Balding or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Big 3

jnestor481

Reaction score
So here I am on this forum. I was one of those guys that thought, "nah, not gonna happen to me. no way." Balding at 25 feels like it's not supposed to happen. But that illusion is gone. The first sign of hair loss was when my boss mentioned my hair looked thin, I brushed it off thinking it was just because I buzzed it real short, and due to the fact he's a full-blown NW7, figured he was just poking fun. Fast forward a few months and I realized "Oh f***, it really is thinning."

IMG_1737.jpg

Pretty harsh lighting but yea, when I saw this I felt it in my gut.

I didn't really know about finasteride or minoxidil, but I started researching and thanks to this forum I am now on the big 3. Been on finasteride 5 months going into 6. Didn't experience any sides, maybe watery semen the first few weeks but it might have been in my head. Had a shed after about a month and a half in. It was mostly little small hairs that looked like they were already on their way to being miniaturized. Held steady after that until about two weeks ago I noticed a lot of hairs in my hand when I applied minoxidil, both thick and small, not sure what to make of it.

I started using minoxidil back in December and I never had a big shed with it, I was on it for 4 months before starting finasteride in march so I think I would have had one by that point. But I think it has helped, my hair has definitely thickened from that first picture. Started with rogaine then switched to the generic after reading Rawtashk's stickied post in the General Hair Loss discussion forum, highly recommend it for newbies like myself. Also got nizoral and it helped big time with the dandruff from the minoxidil. Money well spent.

Looking at my baseline and at the photo below that I just took, I definitely look much better. Granted I style differently with a sort of comb-over. The big 3 have definitely helped improve my hair. If I can maintain this I'd be one happy guy.

IMG_2221.jpg

Of course the ultimate would be to have my 13 year-old head of hair back :punk:, but I think those days are long behind me haha

IMG_1999.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 316

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats man ! I'm on finasteride for 6 weeks now and just starting shedding so your story made me very hopeful :)

privatealex

Reaction score
very nice results
big 3 all the way i am 2 months on it and i see amazing results as well
i hope you mantain it

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results. Would be interested in pics from the front so I can better gauge your Norwood stage.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Treatment is holding it's end up. Hair is looking stronger. Way to take the bald by it's horns jnestor!

ICUman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks GREAT! Big congrats to you. I wish I could get those results. Bet it is a big sigh of relief.

benmightbebalding

Reaction score
Honestly, this is one of the threads on here that convinced me to become more proactive about stopping an hair loss I might be experiencing.

jnestor481

Reaction score
When did you start noticing improvement?

Honestly mompo I couldn't really tell until I compared now to my baseline photos, which you can see in my post.

Honestly, this is one of the threads on here that convinced me to become more proactive about stopping an hair loss I might be experiencing.

Ben, glad to encourage you. Hope if you're balding you can fight it like I'm doing.