Balding Older Guy In The Barber Shop Today

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so jealous you guys get to have the peace of mind that finasteride gives, couldn't tolerate it myself.

My whole whole f*****g hairline is eroding and I really just wanna get a transplant to fix it and achieve inner peace, but wouldn't be wise at 22 with nothing to battle DHT.

Finding it very hard to cope these days f***.

:( That is really rough man. As Wolf says, if you can't tolerate anti androgens, then not much to be done atm unless you've got enough donor to guarantee a fullish head

Hopefully minoxidil and nizoral can at least buy you some time and slow down the process. Maybe try a finasteride microdose or something

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are diligent and have plans to look after your hair. You won't be anywhere close to bald, genetics helps too as it's not ultra aggressive.

I thought the novelty of full hair would wear off but it doesn't. I was treated well even prior to the transplant and being a thick Norwood 3. Only thing I'll add is girls are even more submissive now. Guys and girls have been complementing my hair now directly, not just looks, regardless of their age. I'll maybe need another surgery one day but it's something I'll look forward to. I have the donor capacity to spare. So far finasteride is doing the trick in keeping that crown thick looking and I haven't had to touch Minoxidil which is something I always wanted to maintain.

Best thing which I wrote about a few times is inner peace. Not having to worry about comb overs or keeping your hair short and tight, none of that matters now. A big burden gone. A visible insecurity just faded away literally. I don't worry for hair loss ever now and that's how it should be for everyone. Can spend our time more productively and enjoy the moment.

Wish we could all experience what you speak of again. And I don't say that in a "hating" way, but in a genuine sense - none of us should have to devote mental energy to, and get anxiety from, hair loss.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
:( That is really rough man. As Wolf says, if you can't tolerate anti androgens, then not much to be done atm unless you've got enough donor to guarantee a fullish head

Hopefully minoxidil and nizoral can at least buy you some time and slow down the process. Maybe try a finasteride microdose or something

Yeah minoxidil has been pretty good for me I believe. Considering my hair loss started at 17 I still have a decent amount left.

What I'm trying now is needling before applying minoxidil to increase absortion. This guy had insane results from it www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/somebodys-story-25-finasteride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/

But as always, without anything against dht it's really a long shot.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah minoxidil has been pretty good for me I believe. Considering my hair loss started at 17 I still have a decent amount left.

What I'm trying now is needling before applying minoxidil to increase absortion. This guy had insane results from it www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/somebodys-story-25-finasteride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/

But as always, without anything against dht it's really a long shot.

I've never dermarolled myself, but I'm using tretinoin to increase minoxidil absorption

Have you tried RU? I don't have a lot if faith in the stuff, but if I was out of options I'd likely give it a shot

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
people who got regrow nw2- on finasteride and got no sides are privileged fullhead

it should be counted as absence hairloss at all tbh

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never dermarolled myself, but I'm using tretinoin to increase minoxidil absorption

Have you tried RU? I don't have a lot if faith in the stuff, but if I was out of options I'd likely give it a shot

Yeah I did RU before finasteride actually. Absolutely terrible sexual sides.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

:( damn man, so anti androgens in general just f*** you up. People like you are why we need better treatments and other angles to treat this disease

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
people who got regrow nw2- on finasteride and got no sides are privileged fullhead

it should be counted as absence hairloss at all tbh

I agree, but there is still always that doubt in the back of the mind that it might lose effectiveness, aggression of hairloss might speed up, etc

But yeah, even if it's just for now it is a blessing, buying time and extending youth

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so jealous you guys get to have the peace of mind that finasteride gives, couldn't tolerate it myself.

My whole whole f*****g hairline is eroding and I really just wanna get a transplant to fix it and achieve inner peace, but wouldn't be wise at 22 with nothing to battle DHT.

You still have fluridril,flutamide CB and PGD2 blockers ;)

If you had terrible sexual sides with RU,you either have sh*t quality RU or you take way too much of it :)

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you expand on this sentence a little more?
I'm intrigued.

I dont know how I can expand on it really. I moved a few years ago into a very guido'y town and lets say I dont really get along well with guidos, and Im Italian. It seems most Italians really lose their class and scruples after 2 generations. If I wasnt borderline brought up by my off the boat grandparents when I was little I might have fallen into that trap as well. I also didnt live around a lot of Italians outside of my direct family, I lived around pretty much black people and Hispanics most of my life, not that I find one or the other better I just didnt have anyone to directly "relate with" so I kind of just kept to myself outside a few close friends.

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever seen anyone actually have succes with smaller doses of finasteride if they had sides on a higher dose? Besides, I was only doing 0.5 mg per day.

feel ya, I was using it for almost a year and seemed to be responding then sides (painful ones) hit me like a dump truck. I always contemplate trying again but I went off and on 3 times to be 11000001010101% sure it was the finasteride causing them and it was. What sides were you getting?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
feel ya, I was using it for almost a year and seemed to be responding then sides (painful ones) hit me like a dump truck. I always contemplate trying again but I went off and on 3 times to be 11000001010101% sure it was the finasteride causing them and it was. What sides were you getting?

So for the first month everything was great. Sexual function was actually improved better erections and so on. This was such a blissful time, gave me a lot of peace. 5 weeks in or so I even made a thread here where I was like "Guys, I think I'm in the clear. Why are we so afraid of finasteride?" hah.

Anyway then all sexual parameters went way below baseline. Weak erections and just terrible orgasms.. very low ejaculate volume and of course very watery semen (too graphic?).

In addition to this I was also getting these smallish headaches which had me quite worried. We've all heard the scary stories of brain fog. Now I definitely didn't experience brain fog (was only on for three months), but the headaches had me thinking the drug was definitely having an effect on the brain. The aches went away as soon as I dropped it.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
So for the first month everything was great. Sexual function was actually improved better erections and so on. This was such a blissful time, gave me a lot of peace. 5 weeks in or so I even made a thread here where I was like "Guys, I think I'm in the clear. Why are we so afraid of finasteride?" hah.

Anyway then all sexual parameters went way below baseline. Weak erections and just terrible orgasms.. very low ejaculate volume and of course very watery semen (too graphic?).

In addition to this I was also getting these smallish headaches which had me quite worried. We've all heard the scary stories of brain fog. Now I definitely didn't experience brain fog (was only on for three months), but the headaches had me thinking the drug was definitely having an effect on the brain. The aches went away as soon as I dropped it.

sucks, it really stinks being in the small % of guys who cant use this. Its basically life once again spitting in its palm and slapping you across the face. "You think you can solve this problem loser? Think again!"

I was so happy when I noticed it was working. Then I started getting painful and visually disturbing genital and sexual sides. Yes also graphic.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
sucks, it really stinks being in the small % of guys who cant use this. Its basically life once again spitting in its palm and slapping you across the face. "You think you can solve this problem loser? Think again!"

I was so happy when I noticed it was working. Then I started getting painful and visually disturbing genital and sexual sides. Yes also graphic.

Indeed, truly a slap in the face. I'm so over messing with my hormones, it's too stressful.

Have you recovered fully? I've never managed to get my libido back to what it was pre anti-androgens (RU is too blame for that though).

Are you also on the weak "minoxidil only" regimen now or are you trying something else?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed, truly a slap in the face. I'm so over messing with my hormones, it's too stressful.

Have you recovered fully? I've never managed to get my libido back to what it was pre anti-androgens (RU is too blame for that though).

Are you also on the weak "minoxidil only" regimen now or are you trying something else?

yeah Im good, it took time.

I do 5% minoxidil in the morn, nizoral 2 xs a week, and a topical 1% finasteride+10% minoxidil at night. Ive started dermarolling again to once a week, but not as extreme. Just enough to puncture and help with absorption of the topicals

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah Im good, it took time.

I do 5% minoxidil in the morn, nizoral 2 xs a week, and a topical 1% finasteride+10% minoxidil at night. Ive started dermarolling again to once a week, but not as extreme. Just enough to puncture and help with absorption of the topicals

So you're not having sides from the topical finasteride?

blackg

Reaction score
Since it's a barber related thread, I thought I'd post here. I went to a new barber yesterday in a pretty upmarket area since I happened to be there anyway. I'm pretty sure the barber was gay or had some kind of man crush on me based on his behaviour and looks. That aside, first he commented on my hair being thick but what really made me laugh though was his comment on my hairline. He goes I love your sharp hairline and then pointed from the centre to the temple area, that it looks amazing. The guy himself is a really straight Norwood 1 and I felt I had to return the compliment. I said I like his straight line, he began to blush. Love over hairlines and fetishes is real. I should have said brah you can get this line too, call this man and start extraction for sexy plugs.

View attachment 67716
This sounds a bit like a humble brag.

Feathered Harry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never really understood why people with hair loss dread going to the barber. I understand that you don't want your balding head exposed so openly, but these guys are hair professionals. If there's anyone I want examining my scalp, it's them! I literally view my barber as being my "hair doctor", and I openly discuss my hair loss with him/her. In fact, it was my barber who turned me onto the Big 3, for which I am eternally grateful.

Fortunecookie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think some men think more about their hairloss than the others. I would rather like to be a man with this problem than a woman. :(