Balding Men May Worry About Marketability

Obsidian

Reaction score
finfighter said:
I think that the truth hurts, so many men say: ''Just accept it''. Yet, they are the one's in denial.....

Nope, that's like people who say 'they're the ones who are crazy' when the reality is he/she is.

He is a celebrity and they pick on him regularly.

Honestly those quotes they take from thebaldtruth just show how some people go from worry to illogical thinking and downright paranoia.

They would have a field day with UM, HP91, and I would buy ten issues if they interviewed ccs.

Obsidian

Reaction score
It also sounds like people are complaining about huffington reporting this, which they should be.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If he was really that insecure and bothered about his hairloss he would have done something by now & he certainly wouldn't be wearing it out like that!

It's looks like the article has recieved negative responses from Huffington readers and rightly so!

These trashy celebrity picture expose articles get very tiresome after a while. I wish people would just accept that some men simply don't care about hairloss and accept it as part of getting old.

What I personally find more disturbing than Prince William is old male pattern baldness-affected men who have an obsession with having a perfect NW1 and won't accept that even the tiniest amount of hairloss in the 30s or 40s is simply down to ageing... it's like those creepy 50year old women who still want to look like glamour models and continue to get surgery on their breasts and arse because they just can't accept looking older :x

I mean they talk about this Prince like he's a teenager who's rushed into a dodgy looking engagement, but 28 years old is a very normal age to be settling down.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Primo said:
If he was really that insecure and bothered about his hairloss he would have done something by now & he certainly wouldn't be wearing it out like that!.

The rumours are that he's been trying treatments for years. And thats the only way he can wear it it. The future king cant be seen to buzz it like some common hooligan he has to represent the British aristocracy. right now he's combing it over like his dad does.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Primo said:
If he was really that insecure and bothered about his hairloss he would have done something by now & he certainly wouldn't be wearing it out like that!.

The rumours are that he's been trying treatments for years. And thats the only way he can wear it it. The future king cant be seen to buzz it like some common hooligan he has to represent the British aristocracy. right now he's combing it over like his dad does.

It doesn't seem to have gotten much worse in a few years. He might have jumped on finasteride late in the game and will maintain that.
I know he couldn't get away with shaving his head and looking like a 'commoner', but he could get away with a four blade maybe. I'd say he just likes it grown out a bit. In the photo in the Daily Mail article he's got some weird clumps in his hair, as if he's putting something in it.

Of course balding men worry about marketability, but William has been going out with her for 8 years or something...hardly a 'rushed' marriage...

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
He could buzz it fairly long and it wouldn't be a problem.
People never complain about Albert of Monaco.
How long has him been a bachelor? The press used to believe he was gay, not about his "marketability" and look what kind of woman he got!

CCS

Reaction score
They are reading our forums. :shock:

CCS

Reaction score
FSHGLD said:
I know he couldn't get away with shaving his head and looking like a 'commoner', but he could get away with a four blade maybe.

He could wear a toupee. That would be kingly. But people would know.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAF, I never said Wills should buzz it, I simply think that if he was vain and truly cared that much about his appearance he would cut and groom his hair more suitably, in a way that would complement his face, unlike now where the loss is very obvious.

The same with Wayne Rooney, he could still make his hair look a lot better through careful cutting and styling, but I think they both resigned themselves to hairloss a long time ago and neither of the strike me as being particularly vain or obsessed by their appearance.

Any attempt to try and cover up or lessen their hairloss would only bring more uneccessary attention.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Primo said:
SAF, I never said Wills should buzz it, I simply think that if he was vain and truly cared that much about his appearance he would cut and groom his hair more suitably, in a way that would complement his face, unlike now where the loss is very obvious.The same with Wayne Rooney, he could still make his hair look a lot better through careful cutting and styling, but I think they both resigned themselves to hairloss a long time ago and neither of the strike me as being particularly vain or obsessed by their appearance.

Any attempt to try and cover up or lessen their hairloss would only bring more uneccessary attention.

How else could he cut/style his hair any better to hide it, there is no hiding it. Any shorter would pretty much be a buzz cut. And Rooney does buzz his so I dont see how he could make his look any better either. Both of these guys are definatly bothered by it but like everyone else on here what can they do if treatments are'nt working?

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Primo said:
The same with Wayne Rooney, he could still make his hair look a lot better through careful cutting and styling, but I think they both resigned themselves to hairloss a long time ago and neither of the strike me as being particularly vain or obsessed by their appearance.

He's a professional footballer. Don't think there's a whole lot you can do in terms of styling if you have to play your arse off once a week for 90 mins in front of millions

@ Sebastien.....how do you know he's on finasteride? I agree that his loss seems to have slowed a lot...

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was reported that he was on Propecia, but it hasn't done anything for him if he still is...

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
I would gladly give up my hair if I could be first in line to the throne of England.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Todd said:
I would gladly give up my hair if I could be first in line to the throne of England.

I would gladly give up my hair if I could be first in line to Kate Middleton

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The author of that article writes under the assumption of the more shallow side of humanity.... not to say it isn't true but it is not absolute, the royal couple being possible proof of that.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above, they could at least give Middleton the benefit of the doubt..its not like she couldn't find another guy from the upper classes in England who could give her a comfortable life and without the hassle of being 24/7 in the public eye that being a member of the Royal Family has. So Wills must have something going for him.

I guess we'll never know - I wont hold my breath that a journalist will have the temerity to ask William how he feels about his thinning hair.