"Balding" couples a genetically bad match?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Please forgive the question, but I'm sincere, and I don't mean to offend.

Do you ladies ever think "I can't marry a balding guy, our kids won't stand a chance"?

And not related to the subject...

Do you care at all if a guy is losing his hair, or are you strictly interested in his personality?

Do you think girls are less likely to care because they know that statistically guys are more likely to lose their hair?

I feel like I am in a hurry to find my wife-to-be, before I lose my hair to a point where it is noticeable. Is this stupid of me?

I appreciate your answers. Thank you.

tdot

Reaction score
I have thought about it

Hi there,
I have thin hair on the top of my head and my boyfriend is totally bald on top. We joke that our child would be bald girl or boy.
His dad is totally bald and my dad is mostly bald and my mom is mostly bald. All that put together leads one to believe that if we had a kid it wouldn't stand a chance in the hair department.

30&thinning

Reaction score
Yikes! :crazy:

That sounds like us! :eye-popin:

My hubby has very thin hair and you can see his scalp all over BUT he looks good! He's a VERY sexy man. He can completely go bald and he'd still be handsome. :love:

I'm a pretty lady (IMO) but I KNOW people including myself will not see me as such if I were to go bald! :dropmouth:

My mom is definitely thinning and my dad is practically bald.

I would hate to have children as they would DEFINITELY get the balding gene from my hubby and myself! Poor kids! Don't have any now.

I am VERY lucky I married when I had ALL of my hair. I don't know what I would have done if I were still single and balding. I'd most likely STAY single. I'm glad I have found someone before my hair loss and he can't say anything as he is going VERY bald very fast too. :woot:

It does help that my hubby says he'd still love me if I were to go completely bald. I just don't know if I will..... :broken:

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be loosing my hair! :ermm:

I am SO hating life right now! :badmood:

:eek:opsblush: Sorry you guys but I woke up feeling more than depressed today! What a way to bring in a new year with more hair loss! :bigcry:

Happy New Year!

Roxy :$

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
Just popping in from the guy's section. I tend to hold out hope that by the time I have any kids (say 5 years from now) and they start to lose hair (at ~25 - 30), that in ~30+ years from now the landscape for dealing with hair loss will be vastly different from now and many (workable) options will be available, money being the only limiting factor.

So along with a college fund, and life insurance, I'll be starting a hair loss fund for my kids :)

Scaredsal

Reaction score
thirty something I truly agree with you on the single and balding thing.

I am totally single (was having WAY too much fun to settle down for any ole man.. NOW I am balding and I wont get a man to like me ever ......... if I get a wig HOW on EARTH do you tell someone .. I am an attractive woman (for now ) I look afrer myself and I keep fit so what have I done to deserve this ....

What sort of man is ever going to accept a woman with PCOS (which I have) which causes infertility and balding ... I think when God made me he made me for a joke .........