Balding At 20 - What Haircut Should I Get?

plo_bald

Reaction score
I've been balding for a long time (I found photos which seem to show that it started at least when I was 16 but I'm not sure). It's making me very depressed, especially since I'm otherwise ugly (I stopped growing at 14, I'm short, 5'5; I can't grow a beard, I'm not "manly", etc).

I don't want to try finasteride (because I don't think it's a good idea to mess with hormones) and minoxidil is described as "useless on receding hairline" so I don't want to try it either.

I think I maybe have an underlying illness (I stopped growing at 14, my hairline started to recede at 16, I can't grow a beard even though in cases of early balding, all the people affected are very "manly" and hairy; all this suggests an endocrine problem).

But so far all the doctors I've seen have told me they could not find anything wrong (one suggested I had early puberty but you can't confirm this diagnosis when you've already finished puberty, of course, so I don't know). So medically I don't think I'm going to do anything.

I was just wondering : what haircut do you think I should get, based on the extent of my hair loss?

Photos here : https://imgur.com/a/W91Dh

Thanks

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forget about haircut, your hair in current state is unstylable. Better buzz it short and wear a beanie/cap while on treatment. If you don't want to use finasteride and even minoxidil (lol), then maybe acceptance is a good choice for you. Shave it, get a tan and go hit the gym hard.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you consider a tranny route? 5'5 and balding w/o beard :(

your current hair situation is terrible

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, the only chance at any haircut is sticking with finasteride for an year and see if you get any regrowth, cuz right now you're pretty fucked..I would say buzz it for now
Or you could join the cult and do sacrifices for lord Tsuji so he could succeed in giving us an effective cure

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
offtop but do you have a mild torticollis by any change?

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Leave it how it is.

Get some college team caps and rock that

Get a frontal transplant

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t that is aggressive for 20. I am sorry man, I feel for you, my hair situation is not good for being 21 but I am not as bad off as you. You might want to at least try finasteride and minoxidil if you want some of your hair back. Maybe save up for a transplant You can always try hair systems too if you want.

Last edited:

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shave it and get a hair system man!!!

Or jump on propecia and minoxidil right now and see if you get some regrowth

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score