Balding At 16, What Can I Do To Stop It At My Age? And How Bad Is It?

plzhelpme34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm balding at my temples at age 16.
What can I do? I can't take finasteride as I'm too young. Afraid of starting minoxidil as I don't want my other hairs to become dependent on it.

Pics https://imgur.com/a/WtLYaM4

Also how bad is it? Which norwood am I? And can it stay this way or will it continue to recede?

Thanks

15andworriedsick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,
In a similar boat, been given mixed responses but compared to mine you look fine, and even then I've been told by some it's just a maturing hairline. Unless you've got a bad family history, you should be good.

plzhelpme34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,
In a similar boat, been given mixed responses but compared to mine you look fine, and even then I've been told by some it's just a maturing hairline. Unless you've got a bad family history, you should be good.

Ty for the answer. Nobody is bald on my family except my grand father and according to my father he balded at 40. The rest are all NW2 with no thinning

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but that looks pretty thin on the temple, especially your sides. You been to a dermatologist?

plzhelpme34

My Regimen
Reaction score
yup. Been to the derm 2 months ago. Told me i dont have thinning but my temples are receiding, and gave me some b.s treatement.

The thing is I know my temples are receding, I just wanna know if the right one is gonna recede like the left one and then stop or the left temple is gonna recede further.

plzhelpme34

My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE: the right temple seems to have started thinning, probably gonna end up like the left one.
No thinning/recession on the left one though.

Any thoughts? Will the hair loss stop after the right one is done receiding and becomes like the left one?

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know if beard growth will be affected by finasteride. but concentrate on beard growth till 18 yo. Then, you can take finasteride if you change mind till 18. also remember that many things in body other than beard and body hair requires DHT for development till 17-18. just chill for next 2 years with ketokonazone 2% shampoo, no oil massaging with fingers, 4 day/week cardio(helped many people with Androgenetic Alopecia), limiting fapping(no proof, just it will increase guilt feeling of your look too).

prescription: 2 YEARS CHIILL 1-1-1
(I ASSUMED THAT IT WILL RECEED NOT MORE THAN NW2 IN NEXT 2-4 YEARS. IF IT RECCEDS MORE THAN NW2 WITHIN 2 YEAR, WAIT FOR NOTHING)
saw palmeto, natural solution to control excess DHT due to fluctuations 0-0-1
greentea 5d/week to regulate hormones 1-0-0

but again it looks like mature hairline, but its abnormal for 16 yo boy to have that much mature hairline.

plzhelpme34

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know if beard growth will be affected by finasteride. but concentrate on beard growth till 18 yo. Then, you can take finasteride if you change mind till 18. also remember that many things in body other than beard and body hair requires DHT for development till 17-18. just chill for next 2 years with ketokonazone 2% shampoo, no oil massaging with fingers, 4 day/week cardio(helped many people with Androgenetic Alopecia), limiting fapping(no proof, just it will increase guilt feeling of your look too).

prescription: 2 YEARS CHIILL 1-1-1
(I ASSUMED THAT IT WILL RECEED NOT MORE THAN NW2 IN NEXT 2-4 YEARS. IF IT RECCEDS MORE THAN NW2 WITHIN 2 YEAR, WAIT FOR NOTHING)
saw palmeto, natural solution to control excess DHT due to fluctuations 0-0-1
greentea 5d/week to regulate hormones 1-0-0

but again it looks like mature hairline, but its abnormal for 16 yo boy to have that much mature hairline.

I cant do anything that blocks DHT. It's super important for my physical developement right now as I'm still 16.

plzhelpme34

My Regimen
Reaction score
update:

guys... My left temple (the pics in the thread are flipped so left is right and right is left) is starting more and more to receide, I can now see some of my scalp through the left temple and based on the thinned hair it's simply starting to become like the right temple

This sh*t is making me so fckn depressed and I have exams in 2 months that will basically determine my future. But I just cant study properly. This is eating me from the inside, preventing me from studying...

Oh and what makes it worse is when I see my friends/people in Instagram my age with NW0 hairlines.. Nobody around me has a NW2 hairline at 16 years old

They are all happy with their lives while I'm sitting in my room depressing over this sh*t.

What can I do??? Thinking about starting minoxidil but idk, I just dont wanna have a NW2 hairline (my right temple is already NW2, but as my hair is dense it covers itselfs and appears NW0, but my left temple is way less dense than the right one so...) at 16 yo man it hurts so fckn much... I'm done coping and I just wanna do something about it, but I just cant do anything :(

Last edited: