Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair fo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first of all: missing "progenitor cells" pretty much just means that your follicles are tiny - less progenitor cells of course, this doesn't mean a lot.

second: wouldn't the main problem be that the actual stem cells are "broken" and thus cannot reproduce enough progenitor cells to make hairs cycle again like it does every day for non-balding people? What exactly is missing for those stem cells to behave as normal? Is it possible that DHT itself genetically changed those cells and no amount of stem cells treatments could possibly undo it?

This is all too complicated and also makes Histogen's results less hopeful...

abcdefg

Reaction score
I always thought this finding was one of the most important just the fact that everyone even Norwood 7 still actually have all of their hairs at some level. It seems getting them to regrow would be possible although it all depends on how complex it is to do given our pretty limited understanding and slow pace at piecing it together.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Bump this thread!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bump

goingon24

Reaction score
I believe the only way to regrow hair in area's that stopped growing hair is with some kind of stem cell therapy to regrow all the lost structures. What they're saying is like "this (unspecified organ) in the body still exists but it can't do its job anymore because its to damaged.

Now there has been some experiments done with damaged hearts using stem cell therapy to repair some of the heart so it could actually pump blood more efficiently and this is probably what needs to be done for our hair. That experiment was done with just 1 injection and multiple injections would probably have similar benefits. Kinda like histogen etc has been saying.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Someday they will be growing organs from stem cells I mean I cant see anyway that does not happen at some point. When that happens and it gets cost efficient and fast enough then hair will be grown and male pattern baldness is basically cured. It will happen I think from stem cell research someday but I think its at least 20 years or more away not anytime soon but it could happen from some other avenue of research like those hair multiplication companies or something.
Short of all of that I want to see better ways of prevention so guys like me saying they are starting to lose hair have safe options to try to keep hair. I dont like the idea of propecia even if it does work.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bump.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
What happened with the progenator cell discovery? What did Dr. George Costeralis do this year?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Basically nothing just like you would expect. No one probably wants to spend the money on it. We could have like 5 treatments for male pattern baldness already if they actually finished things I mean we had RU, ascj 9, and plenty of others. This might turn out to be one of those things we dont hear about again who knows.

goingon24

Reaction score
Someday they will be growing organs from stem cells I mean I cant see anyway that does not happen at some point. When that happens and it gets cost efficient and fast enough then hair will be grown and male pattern baldness is basically cured. It will happen I think from stem cell research someday but I think its at least 20 years or more away not anytime soon but it could happen from some other avenue of research like those hair multiplication companies or something.
Short of all of that I want to see better ways of prevention so guys like me saying they are starting to lose hair have safe options to try to keep hair. I dont like the idea of propecia even if it does work.

Yeah im siding with you on that 20 year prediction. It kinda sucks since i'll be 44-45 by then but I assume technology will be far enough ahead to fix it. 20-30 years is a real good prediction. At least if I have kids they shouldn't have to worry to much about loosing hair lol.

(atlesat, the upside is that by then there should be products out to reverse some aging so you can relive some of your youth with hair)