bald men putting down other bald men

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
has anyone noticed the main people who attack other hair loss sufferes are bald men themselves.

i distinctly remember being 19/20/21 with a thinning front like elton john had in mid 20s, and the only main people who put me down socially were older men with severe hairloss like early 40s guys who probably had hairloss in early or mid 20s.

most people with hair just didn't seem to care about my thinning, but i really remember about 3 or 4 main guys who would rip me all the time and they were all NW5s by late 20s likely.

anyone else experienced this?

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting observation. I've noticed that a bit too. If not bald, the ones who have commented on my hair have either been balding or a guy who is tiny.

I'm a NW3 and the people who comment on it are all ones who are balding. I have one friend who is obssesed with his small thinning at the crown and constantly goes on about it.
The other guy who put me down is a NW1 but he's about 5'0 and most defo when he's had a drink has 'small man syndrome'.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah i dont get it.

i hope YOU dont comment on other peoples hairloss.

i certainly don't.

but yeah i can rememebr 3 or 4 guys in late 30s and early 40s NW5s, they were calling me "slaphead" and commenting on my hat and saying if my hair is "peach fuzz" underneath.

it was pretty bad, the others -people with hair- didnt seem to care much at all!

i found these comments to be pretty bad, i think they like to inflict pain on other people becuase they too feel the pain of hairloss in mid 20s and being bald for soo long they are bald and bitter now (most of them looked like crap etc.)

what was really funny was when i turned up with hair the nexy day to work, and he was shocked to see i had hair (it was a hair system), after that he ddint really call me slaphead anymore, he just sort of remained quite, i think he was surpised to see a young guy beat hairloss for real and actually not end up bald for 25+ years like him and wear hair thus escaping the pain of hairloss etc.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
I've had other bald men put me down for being a Norwood 2 and for other reasons besides being bald. But really, who cares what they think? Are you going to let some random person hurt your feelings just because they're bitter/insecure? If someone gives you s%^& over your hair, just shrug and say "As if I cared?"

GeminiX

Reaction score
It's not just with hair-loss, and is something I've seen happen all over the place (it can be seen regularly on this very forum).

The users who complain the loudest about how others/society/the neighbours dog etc. treat them are usually the first to attack, judge or make nasty remarks about others.