bald men are at greater risk of suicide

norwood_spotter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
men with Androgenetic Alopecia were rated less favorably on physical attributes, attractiveness, likeability, and potential for life success (Cash, 1990). Studies investigating the psychosocial effects of Androgenetic Alopecia among men report higher scores on measures of anxiety and depression and poor body image (Cash, 1999; Hunt & McHale, 2005). A number of studies have reported that there is an increased tendency toward hypochondriasis and interpersonal conflicts, stress, and depression (Budd, Himmelberger, Rhodes, Cash, & Girman, 2000; Cash, 1999). There is evidence that those with Androgenetic Alopecia experience suicidal ideation more frequently and are at greater risk of suicide (Muscarella & Cunningham, 1996).

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, I agree 1000%. Nothing new. If someone thinks that hair loss for women it's more difficult psychologically/mentally than for men, it's completely wrong! For both sexes, it's painful. Especially when you have aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia. Depression and anxiety are destroying your life, as simple as that.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I don't understand about guys on hair loss forums and reddit. They are so scared that meds are going to affect their liver or heart or whatever in 20 years, but statistically the average north american male will die because of a car accident or suicide.

So be on guard for the things that threaten you the most - wear your seat belt and take whatever med is needed to stop that balding.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
but statistically the average north american male will die because of a car accident or suicide.
More like diabetus or coronary heart disease (all overweight related), fetanyl and suicide. Thank god we aren't all living on an amerimutt diet.

norwood_spotter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I don't understand about guys on hair loss forums and reddit. They are so scared that meds are going to affect their liver or heart or whatever in 20 years, but statistically the average north american male will die because of a car accident or suicide.

So be on guard for the things that threaten you the most - wear your seat belt and take whatever med is needed to stop that balding.
yes and those bald guys who dont commit suicide are often just nothing then walking corpses. as they say:

Some people die at thirty, but are not buried until eighty.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything that makes you lose your self-identity (and hair is one of the biggest ones) has high risks of depression issues. It happens a lot with people who lose limbs, or have cosmetical accidents. Unironically one of the most traumatic phases of cancer patients is losing their hair more than the sickness itself.

But there is always room to improve with AA, almost everyone can reach a "decent" point without looking a complete slaphead and with some mental work it's enough to live a normal life.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But the /r fullheads told me bald is beautiful.