"Bald" meanings in the Urban Dictionary; accurate?

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
A selection of meanings for the word "Bald" in the Urban Dictionary, a dictionary made by the people:

"A guy with a receding hairline. Truly laughable yet sad at the same time."

"To be thrashed in a state of goonerisation. Or, to be unbelievably cool but unbelievably stupid at the same time"

"Can have a variety of meanings, but it mainly means to be without something, or lacking something. Here are some words that bald can easily replace: ugly, poor, stupid, broke, etc."

"An unfortunate condition which makes men go bald. Ugly *** receding hairline that is so embarrassing and ugly to look at. Usually they will wear a hat. If you go bald young its even more embarrassing and gross."

"A poor guy who's losing his hair. Bald men are known to be the last chosen when it comes to being desirable. Especially if they are losing their hair naturally. Women tend to look down on them like they have something wrong with them. Bald isn't sexy."

"Strangely stupid, not intelligent in a weird way."

"To act bald with someone is not to make time for someone, or simply be angry for no reason, and generally be a very strict person"

"uncool, underhanded, selfish"

"Categorically bad. Lacking any goodness."

How accurate are some of these definitions? Do they reflect what people really think in society, or are they just trying to be funny?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bald

cuebald

Reaction score
Bald men are seen as slightly weird, as if there's something "not quite right" about them.
Bald men are more likely to be seen as sex criminals, perverts, drug users, etc.

If there were two suspects in a sex crime case, with equal evidence against both of them, and one was a NW1, the other NW6, the bald one would subconsciously seem the "he did it" suspect to a lot of people.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
For f*cks sake, I bet all of these entries are made by immature 14 year olds, or nerds without any experience with women whatsoever.

You'd have to be stupid to take any of this seriously. In the real world people are not like this. And either way urban dictionary is a gathering of idiotic bullshit, which can be funny at times, but no sane person would really take it seriously.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Actually, I bet half of those entries are made by self-loathing bald men.

:laugh: yeah, probably dudemon and uncomfortableman

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
For f*cks sake, I bet all of these entries are made by immature 14 year olds, or nerds without any experience with women whatsoever.
Urban dictionary is another hangout place for the "Anonymous" legion.
If you don't know about them, look it up.

They try to make anything offensive, if you got offended then they succeed.

I mean, you think you should be offended by the same people that make fun of non-whites, mentally challenged, amputees, etc? Just laugh about it, they don't even actually mean it, they just want to troll you.

By the way toocoolforhair, It's great that you took the definitions with the worst negatives and don't even mention it.

What about this one that is highly ranked? It's the number 3
When your face is so good looking it is taking over the rest of your head.

It's like you were looking for people that agreed with your opinion on hair loss.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
sadscalp said:

I mean, you think you should be offended by the same people that make fun of non-whites, mentally challenged, amputees, etc? Just laugh about it, they don't even actually mean it, they just want to troll you.

Exactly. Like I said, idiotic bullshit. I certainly don't take it seriously, in fact I've laughed quite a few times while reading urban dictionary. People write the darndest things. I'm just afraid that people here might take it seriously, which inevitably some will (like cuebald already has).

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
sadscalp said:

By the way toocoolforhair, It's great that you took the definitions with the worst negatives and don't even mention it.

What about this one that is highly ranked? It's the number 3
When your face is so good looking it is taking over the rest of your head.

It's like you were looking for people that agreed with your opinion on hair loss.

I didn't want to quote the cliched ones that most people have heard before and I thought the ones I did quote dealt more with the impact of hair loss.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
I didn't want to quote the cliched ones that most people have heard before and I thought the ones I did quote dealt more with the impact of hair loss.
Cliched or not you said "Do they reflect what people really think in society?", and judging by the votes, no, they don't reflect what people think in society.

But the sole existence of these definitions is probably is enough proof that that's what society thinks for many on this board.

Of course no here would want to believe society could give a damn about baldness if "When your face is so good looking it is taking over the rest of your head" has very positive votes. So I turn the question to this one. Does this reflect what people really think in society or they just trying to be funny?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
sadscalp said:

i can assure you this wasn't the work of anons, it's not their style, they usually either want lulz from targeting a single person (like any "camwhore" on annontalk), the media (like ballot stuffing the time 100 poll) or both (jessi slaughter) editing UD doesn't satisfy anything like that
anon only really edit UD if it has any relevance to their website or a meme which baldness doesn't

i'll remain it's just a bunch of self-loating bald guys

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't hate myself. I know I'm a good person. I just hate that I'm bald and I hate idiots. Those definitions represent the idiot demographic.