Bald Man Publicly Shames Fellow Hair Loss Sufferer On Live Tv

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

skip to 30:40 in the video

just because that's how you chose to deal with your hair loss, doesn't mean you have the right to tell others, on a microphone in front of thousands of people, that they need to do the same. extremely insensitive and unempatheic behavior.

this Agassi guy seems to have some self esteem issues. you can see in the look in his eyes and the smug forced smile there isn't much going on up there. the hair loss joke is only one example, but throughout the entire match, which is supposed to be light hearted fun, he just tries to put everyone else down with backhanded comments. a lot of his auto biography was just a lot of uncalled for sh*t-talking.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this surprise anyone from a guy who played sports in a big f*****g blonde wig? Clearly he's insecure about it, nobody wants to go sly bald but for me it's one of the rare situations in life where I'd find myself gulping hard, taking one long last tearful look in the mirror, and reaching for the razor (to say goodbye to my hair of course!).

Playing a sport like tennis where you are on court alone, zoomed in constantly, moving non-stop and sweating profusely, a wig was an outrageous solution really, if you think about it. He deserves a place in the Baldite Hall of Fame for getting away with it.

But although Agassi was indeed a dick in this video, this further goes to show what I've always said in response to bald shaming-

You can't say sh*t.

"I've got a little left, you're like Kojak over there"

I mean you can hear the hurt crackling in his voice, it's about as good as a person can do and still keep it light-hearted "banter", and the crowd (who laugh at anything in these types of exhibitions) don't even respond.

What did it achieve? Gave Agassi a chance to make a further, and actually, better joke in "We know the secret" or whatever.

Of course not funny at all to us but to the world, hilarious, because Pete's clearly a thinning guy, in case you can't tell from the video:

160318201248-spc-open-court-pete-sampras-00040115-exlarge-169.jpg

I remember this interview and he looks particularly bad here but you get the idea.

So anyway, what's the best response from Sampras here? There's only the least worst response, you will rarely ever win with a witty retort when it comes to something that clearly hurts you, you will never win with an aggressive response around other people, the only thing is a dignified silence with possibly a fake smile and nodding to play the point, or a change of subject.

Sampras' last response of "c'mon let's see that 112mph serve" (it must be in some sort of context as I don't know what this means) is the first thing he could have said, let the joke and laughter go, and then change the subject. In that moment it is your only chance of drawing some sympathy, outlining the fact that someone else is essentially making fun of another persons appearance, and although many may still just laugh at it, again it is your only chance at making the other person look bad (immature).

This is not an easy thing to accept, but if you remotely care about not looking like a further a**h**, or not looking like an aggressive balding freak, then it's our only option really.

OR you could do what Pete does in this video and make a meek response with clear body blow taken, and give your shame-master more ammunition.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

skip to 30:40 in the video

just because that's how you chose to deal with your hair loss, doesn't mean you have the right to tell others, on a microphone in front of thousands of people, that they need to do the same. extremely insensitive and unempatheic behavior.

this Agassi guy seems to have some self esteem issues. you can see in the look in his eyes and the smug forced smile there isn't much going on up there. the hair loss joke is only one example, but throughout the entire match, which is supposed to be light hearted fun, he just tries to put everyone else down with backhanded comments. a lot of his auto biography was just a lot of uncalled for sh*t-talking.
He struggled massively with balding in the early 90s and used to wear wigs to hide his hairline. When he shaved it in 94 it was hugely liberating for him and was widely complimented on the new look. I think it is because of this that he is such an advocate of the chrome dome.

But as for what he said: I think it was a bit of a cruel joke, especially since Sampras has a great head of hair for 50.

upload_2017-3-24_16-47-40.png

I think he does look better bald though.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah it's tough for Agassi because he clearly did care, and the entire world saw him caring in the form of a ridiculous wig, but now he is trying desperately to present the "i don't care, just shave it" card. his fake nonchalant attitude is probably the same as what's going on in the heads of Slybaldguys users, but they're a little bit more healthy because they don't antagonize others.

really, i just advocate for honesty. if you address how you feel about it, maybe a comment like "it's been difficult for me to deal with but there isn't much i can do about it". most hair loss banter is because people don't understand how serious it is, and just think it's a joke. if you communicate to people that it IS seriously affecting you, the teasing would have to stop. agassi has been through it himself though, so he understands as well as anyone, and he continues to make comments that i think deep down, he knows are hurtful. what an a**h**. the dude needs help.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He struggled massively with balding in the early 90s and used to wear wigs to hide his hairline. When he shaved it in 94 it was hugely liberating for him and was widely complimented on the new look. I think it is because of this that he is such an advocate of the chrome dome.

But as for what he said: I think it was a bit of a cruel joke, especially since Sampras has a great head of hair for 50.

View attachment 50915

I think he does look better bald though.

Nobody "looks better bald". You can look decent or not.

He's nowhere near as good-looking as he was before.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Why so Serious.

This is not shaming.This is one of the only few things that can make many people aware that hair loss do exist in this world.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this surprise anyone from a guy who played sports in a big f*****g blonde wig? Clearly he's insecure about it, nobody wants to go sly bald but for me it's one of the rare situations in life where I'd find myself gulping hard, taking one long last tearful look in the mirror, and reaching for the razor (to say goodbye to my hair of course!).

Playing a sport like tennis where you are on court alone, zoomed in constantly, moving non-stop and sweating profusely, a wig was an outrageous solution really, if you think about it. He deserves a place in the Baldite Hall of Fame for getting away with it.

But although Agassi was indeed a dick in this video, this further goes to show what I've always said in response to bald shaming-

You can't say sh*t.

"I've got a little left, you're like Kojak over there"

I mean you can hear the hurt crackling in his voice, it's about as good as a person can do and still keep it light-hearted "banter", and the crowd (who laugh at anything in these types of exhibitions) don't even respond.

What did it achieve? Gave Agassi a chance to make a further, and actually, better joke in "We know the secret" or whatever.

Of course not funny at all to us but to the world, hilarious, because Pete's clearly a thinning guy, in case you can't tell from the video:

160318201248-spc-open-court-pete-sampras-00040115-exlarge-169.jpg

I remember this interview and he looks particularly bad here but you get the idea.

So anyway, what's the best response from Sampras here? There's only the least worst response, you will rarely ever win with a witty retort when it comes to something that clearly hurts you, you will never win with an aggressive response around other people, the only thing is a dignified silence with possibly a fake smile and nodding to play the point, or a change of subject.

Sampras' last response of "c'mon let's see that 112mph serve" (it must be in some sort of context as I don't know what this means) is the first thing he could have said, let the joke and laughter go, and then change the subject. In that moment it is your only chance of drawing some sympathy, outlining the fact that someone else is essentially making fun of another persons appearance, and although many may still just laugh at it, again it is your only chance at making the other person look bad (immature).

This is not an easy thing to accept, but if you remotely care about not looking like a further a**h**, or not looking like an aggressive balding freak, then it's our only option really.

OR you could do what Pete does in this video and make a meek response with clear body blow taken, and give your shame-master more ammunition.

Actually I'd like to know the funny quip @cocohot would have blasted this guy with, and exploded the audience and saved world poverty with.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agassi always wore a wig.

He thought when he married Brook Shields, who is a sexual refridgerator, he
would be happy because he married someone who was a ten.

Every man or women needs to make sure their partner can SEXUALLY satisfy
them in the bed room.

Hair is necessary because what it can bring to the table.

SEX is EVERYTHING, and without SEX, there's really no point in having hair.

Last edited:

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agassi always wore a wig.

He thought when he married Brook Shields, who is a sexual refridgerator, he
would be happy because he married someone who was a ten.

Every man or women needs to make sure their partner can SEXUALLY satisfy
them in the bed room.

Hair is necessary because what it can bring to the table.

Sex is EVERYTHING, and without SEX, there's really no point in having hair.
article-2309914-195135DB000005DC-19_308x427.jpg

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brook is so f*****g ugly now, I couldn't have a drink of anything
around her, without throwing up.

Seriously, there's nothing more of a turn off than a frigid woman.

Maybe she's trying to become a virgin again?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol you got a beef with coconut man too?

how many guys are you fighting with here man lol?

His pick up lines aren't working here, I guess.

It's a "love/hate" relationship with him, if you know what I mean.