Bald look - can I pull it off?

Ferobanga

Reaction score
So, this is me. What do you think of me shaving it all off? Will my face suit a buzzed look with a forehead and a hairline that's fraught with massiveness ( of the size of the forehead itself and of the widowpeeks )?

Thanks in advance, guys.

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are you shaving, you look like you have plenty of hair just now?

Believe me, your forehead is not even close to being massive.

Ferobanga

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I'm thinking of it because ..

I've pretty much been this way for at least 5 years now ( I'm 21 in September ), except for the more pronounced widow peek.

I look pretty f-ing good ( relatively ) when there's no cause for sweat, for wind or for rain; but when it rains on a windy hot day, I'm ****ed

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have maintained that in 5 years, you are doing well. The more seasoned pro's will give you better advice (in terms of treatments) but to me, you look fine and you should not shave it off at all.

You look good. Believe me - my fore head is huge, i cover it with my fringe - hairspray is a godsend.

laurent85

Reaction score
It it's concerning you i'd shave it off. If you spend time obsessing over it. If you feel it's a chink in your armour shave it off you may even look better. I shaved mine off recently and i feel free from worry over it. I also feel i look younger.

Ferobanga

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. I have, in fact shaved my head off before several times. However, once I shave it all off, I crave for that hair of mine on days when I don't sweat and my hair stays still ( covering the forehead and the widow peeks ); but once it's long enough ( it takes a long time for me to grow hair - slow grower ), and once it experiences a windy hot day that rains, it immediately says to my mind, 'cut me off, cut me off and you can march about with your head held high and chest wide amidst sweltering heat against gushing winds'. Oh, and this is what I look like bald:

These were taken same time last year ( I was almost 20 then ).

Plus, other than my looking bald, I don't really experience significant hairloss to go for treatment ( I think ). I have a few bald spots and I remember having had them since ages ago. :/

Another edit: Big foreheads are virtually unknown, where I hail from, and I've had to endure mockeries of me with tags such as 'baldy' throughout my life.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well whatever you want to do, imo you should try finasteride/minoxidil.

Ferobanga

Reaction score
@TD500 - That's a good suggestion, mate. :)

@laurent85 -Yeah? :D So rocking this look like all right for my face?

Anyway, here are a couple more pics from the May and June months of 2014 to aid the judgment of you people:

Keep in mind that these are pictures taken at the best possible ( to my self photographic knowledge ) angles.

laurent85

Reaction score
Yea it looks fine. I shaved my head recently my hair was long but it was time because the hair was constantly on my mind. I was obsessing over it and worrying so i decided to shave it off.

Ferobanga

Reaction score
I might just do the same, laurent. :3 :)

@Evilocks - haha! It isn't much​, is it? Nevertheless, I pluck 'em out from time to time.

Avocado

Reaction score
You look much better with hair. Don't shave it bald dude! Your hair is great. If you are worried about losing it then start on Finasteride and maybe minoxidil.

resu

Reaction score
Since you asked on a public forum, no I don't you think you can pull it off.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Anyone can pull it off I mean hair is a cosmetic thing. You wont die physically by not having it. I just never saw anyone that looks better bald than with say a Norwood 1. Even people pulling off the bald look would look better with hair instead and the more the better. More hair just means looking younger than your age because most men your age are going bald.

Ferobanga

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys.
Okay, what can I do to stop being overtly conscious about it? I mean, if there's a wind that blows against me, I drop my head down - almost as if I'm trying to look at my spine through my chest - and move forward. And, if it rains, **** me I feel dead. Otherwise though, I am alright with this.

resu

Reaction score
Just keep the thinning look, you don't have to buzz it or shave it yet.

Check this video, he has thinning hair yet he isn't shaving it all off and he looks way better than almost everyone here.

[video=youtube;LHDHHXkfTTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHDHHXkfTTk[/video]

laurent85

Reaction score
The guys hair in the video is terrible and frail looking.

1999 haircut from pictures in the barber shop.

Receeded like a mofo with a **** fringe in the middle point out the fact he's receeding hard.