Bald in a week!

Hjnimm

Reaction score
On 8/19/14 my hair began shedding. I showered and the floor was covered with my hair. Within a week I was totally bald. Saw my doctor and she ran some tests and all was normal, she sent me to a dermatologist. She did a biopsy of my scalp and diagnosis of Alopecia Totalis. Began treatment with prednisone and methotrexate. Upset stomach and felt sick so she switched to Imuran which I tolerated much better. Then my liver test was elevated so she stopped that. By now my hair was starting to grow back, but a few weeks after it started falling out again. I am now starting DPCP an immunotherapy treatment. I am a 64 year old female. I retired last year after teaching music for many years, the last 18 I was band director and the school musical director in my local school. I am also the choir director and organist at my church, so I am in front of people all the time! When my hair fell out I had a couple days to find a hat so I could play at church on Sunday! The doctor has no idea what caused this! The only different thing in my life was that I had a shingles vaccine a month before I lost my hair. I have a good wig, but I hate not having my hair! I still find myself crying at the strangest times! My husband has been great and I have a good friend who has been my biggest support, but I am having trouble dealing with this, especially now over the holidays.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alopecia Totalis, that's hard. I hope you can get your hair back. Thank you for sharing your story.

Stay strong! :)

Shane89

Reaction score
My hair loss

Im 26 an my hair is thinning by the minute. and my family dont even have hair loss

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 26 an my hair is thinning by the minute. and my family dont even have hair loss

Perhaps it would be worth to share your story in a separate thread. Sounds like the fate hit you hard. Would like to hear more.