Bald cure from the 1980's

Tunesnight85

Reaction score
I remember reading about a cure for baldness from a science magazine. The procedure involved removing the scalp from the skull and then re-positioning it on backwards, and for some reason this stimulated the hair to grow back. It sounded crazy, but now that I'm battling hair loss I've been trying to find the actual details for the procedure. Anyone remember reading about it?

H

hairplz

Yes, good old procedure with removing the head and bleeding to death. No life - no hair loss.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Yes, good old procedure with removing the head and bleeding to death. No life - no hair loss.

Have you actually posted a picture of your hairloss to this point?? Because if you're gonna start trolling around the Experimental and Alternate threads - spreading your poison - you're in for a rough ride here pal...

beaner

Reaction score
I remember reading about a cure for baldness from a science magazine. The procedure involved removing the scalp from the skull and then re-positioning it on backwards, and for some reason this stimulated the hair to grow back. It sounded crazy, but now that I'm battling hair loss I've been trying to find the actual details for the procedure. Anyone remember reading about it?

Google "scalp reduction".

It is an outdated form of 'treatment' and is probably not something you'd even want to consider. They basically remove the bald scalp and stretch the scalp with hair over the area. Sounds like butchery to me.

BlackSheep

Established Member
Reaction score
How much of the scalp is cut up exactly? If it's just the skin layer, that's fair enough from a medical POV, but if it's cutting right through the five layers - Where dozens of capillary networks exist - Then you really will have a large bleeding issue. The scalp is after all one of the better supplied areas of the skin.

to the lost

Reaction score
i had scalp surgery (no, not for hair loss lol). it is painful like HELL. like i was in pain for the next 2 weeks, all swollen and ****.. and that from a 4x2 cm skin. so yeah it does not sound like a good or a sane idea. nor does the scalp reduction sound sane (this thing sounds similar, just worse).

plus - if you get past the pain, eventually - a large scar you would get. just a stupid idea.

NotEnough

Reaction score
The "80's" also had great inventions like McDLT. Yep, I just can't imagine the lettuce and tomato warming up to the temperature of an already cold burger. I know... let's SEPARATE them. (The inventor later went on to patent the skull reversal as well as the "hand shoes" in an effort to cure bunions on the feet. lol