bald and bittter

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
do you think its possible that men who are bald at 50 and have been bald since 30, and at 25 they had moderate hairloss (say NW3 etc.) live in regreat and deep despare?

my question is just becuase i see a lot of 50 year old men who are bald, and liley been like that for TWO FULL DECADES.

surely by that tiem they would be VERY pissed off at the situation, don't you think?

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
The majority of bald guys just live with it. Otherwise hair loss forums would be full of people and that is not the case. People learn to live with it after a while

I think an example like the one you are asking for is my old painting teacher.
He is almost 40, shaved head with an obvious horseshoe, but I've seen photos of him from his early 20's.
He shaved his head back then, but you can still see some sort of hairline shadow, I suspect he started to show early signs of baldness and just shaved all his hair

I never talk to other baldies about their baldness, but I'm pretty sure he would love to have his hair again.
Deep Despair? I don't think so. Considering his paintings are far from the works of a bitter man. He has a family and is more or less an underground celebrity

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Most guys I know who lost hair don't like it, but they just accept it and go along their merry way.

I'm just too vain, to be honest.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
when was your dad a NW6?

25/30/35/40?

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Um, no. Not everybody thinks like you.

Some people are able to accept the negative parts of their life without becoming consumed by bitterness. Shocking, hey?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
im pretty sure ifa guy was horshoe ring at 25-50 he'd feel pretty pissed about it.

i honestly can't believe someone would shrug somethign like that off

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
twenty.five said:
Um, no. Not everybody thinks like you.

Some people are able to accept the negative parts of their life without becoming consumed by bitterness. Shocking, hey?

Umm so have you accepted your baldness twenty five? Hmm? Mkay.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obviously there are some exceptions on HairLossTalk.com, but generally I think guys who have very agressive male pattern baldness from an early age just accept their fate, and live their lives normally.

Psychologically many of them are in better place than say some folks on here, who are suffering aggressive hairloss, but still believe treatments and transplants will perform miracles for them, despite the massive longterm odds against them.

I'm a 25 NW3 and my mood switches on a daily basis. Some days I'm desperate to save my hair and I almost convince myself time and again to delve back into 5AR inhibitors despite the inevitable sides. Then other days I just think my hair looks flawed enough already and that I should just accept reality, buzz it all down and roll with the shaved look.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I do know a guy that was Norwood 5-6 (7 now) at like 19. I was around 12 at the time, and he was an awesome cool guy. Kinda always knew him bald so it wasn't weird, but he didn't seem mad about it. If I see him sometime I'll ask if he was bitter when it happened to him.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
that's interesting.

i personally, woudl rather throw myself into the fire than leada full social life bald.

i recently was in a bar/club where they have photos of -young- people taken in the bar with girls etc.

obviosuly everyone had a thick NW1, making me feel very mad, there was ONE sly bald guy, someone took a picture of him, he was.

1. standing alone (as oppowsed to the thick NW1s with the hot girls in photos)
2. look REALLY f*****g WIERD fully bald (as i do)

the photo just protrays what happens to your social life if your the slybald NW5 that looks wierd bald, your basically the social joke that gets nothing, has no friends, looks "wierd" and out of place.

his life represented what the i have given up poster mentioned in his thread.

i dont want that life for myself, i did nothign ot deserve to be a social leprad

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, bad for you, for some of us we never had an option

I was also ignored and humiliated in trendy clubs, because those are not options for people like me (below average looks) to try to hook up girls. That was before I started balding

You are making it seem like being rejected in a club is a big deal. Maybe when I was 21

s.a.f

Reaction score
Rival said:
honestly can't believe someone would shrug somethign like that off

I know 3 people who were norwood 6/7s at 23 and they live perfectly normal happy lives.

I've never once heard them say anything bad about their lack of hair. They joke about it and they would like it back, but they don't sit there and b**ch at the bad hand they were dealt in life.

Even UCman and Dudemon dont go around bitching in public about it. I'm sure that EVERY bald man is bitter to some degree. Larry David certainly is.
Look at me I've been on here for years and have 1000's of posts but in public I'll go along with hair jokes make at my expense.
The point I'm making is you never know, just because someone is'nt showing it.

Actually I think the thing is wether the guy had issues before he went bald. If he had insecurities beforehand then losing hair could exxagerate the situation.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah i think we all more or less feel the same

i mean larry david makes some funny jokes like "im the only person in the network that hasn't been laid in a year" and such like that and everyone laughs but we all are thinking and knowing the same thing when we see a bald(ing) 20/25/30 year old etc.

the social stigma of you beign totally screwed when it comes to women is pretty high,wehter its completely true or not is debateable but the feeling and peopels perceptions are the same