BackInTime's Story

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update: SHEDDING! Kinda glad it's happening now so I have a chance of better hair for the summer. The hairs I'm losing are definitely miniaturized. Shorter than all the others and very thin and light colored...basically no bulb root attached to them.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting that you're getting shedding around the 9 month mark... I had some last Aug/Sep, which must've been due to finasteride in my case (I'm not using minoxidil), although that could've been a bout of Telogen Effluvium in my case. Hope you recover quickly mate.

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Kirby. I keep reading that finasteride can take up to a full year to show any results. My initial shed was surely due to minoxidil. Perhaps this is a finasteride shed?

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not qualified to say for sure, but... That's certainly plausible, having read lots of people's accounts of using treatments here on HTL.

brian

Reaction score
My hair loss started exactly the same way and was similar to your first picture, heavy diffuse thinning in the crown area. It has been roughly 4 months since i started using minoxidil twice a day and finasteride once a day and i am pretty much back to baseline on crown and regrowing in in frontal area.

From what I can see in your pictures it is definitely working. My regrowth seemed to start from the inside of the patch and work its way outwards. Just keep up with treatments, work your way through the shed and it will be fine.

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
Still shedding like crazy! I don't think I've noticed much loss in density (a definite loss, but not much). However, last night I finally noticed new regrowth along my hairline. :)

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
I think and hope that he's now living his life without hair loss in his mind, he might have totally forgot about this site haha