Back To Finasteride?bad Idea Or No?...

hairydavid

Reaction score
Hey guys

As a older member im always as a watcher of hairlosstalk,baldtruthtaIk with no messages or created topics..i dont want you bother with long story i want to be clearly and hope some guys help me to decide which answer is good for me...sorry for my english!

My story began when im just focusing my hairline 2 years ago so i decided to took a finasteride (generic one).I took finasteride aproximatelly one year(past year 2015) and finished this year on january because of brutal side effects mainly of insomnia.I sporadically used minoxidil 2% our country generic version available in pharmacy plus some hair vitamins(biotin,zinc etc).I dont really know if finasteride worked for me...yeah i notice some regrowth but im always stabil nw1. and i took finasteride for prevention.Yeah some folks write me that finasteride is not vitamin but i mean its prevention of further hairloss or no?Its better to maintance hair than regrow it...

I know that hair is not hearth.Its no main in your body but you know but its in your head(mentally) ..you become obssesed with hair loss and trying to research and took medicine etc..

When i took finasteride ive never ever have sexual problems ...i finished it because of insomnia.And its horrible when you dont sleep well...sometimes i not sleep all night.Yeah its some another problems ..because i divorced with my girlfriend.But i found that finasteride cause insomnia and im 100% right that finasteride cause it!I fix it after 8 months and i sleep like a baby now..

But my questions is ..should i take finasteride again?I mean some guys are better than doctor...some guys maybe have experience with this...should i take 0.5mg or 1mg?

Did finasteride cause permanent insomnia and i dont sleep in whole life? :D

I know all studies...that finasteride cause some block in brain especially nitrid oxide or something like that...but how to fix it?

Give a try or no?Thats a question ....

Thank you guys for any answers ...if you got answer on me ..

btw

My regimen now:
Minoxidil 5% twice per day (morning,evening),dermaroller before putting minoxidil on scalp
Hair vitamins
Saw Palmetto 320mg
Stemoxydine (everyday before sleep)
Fluridil (everyday)

NOW 1.5 Norwood but with temple thining...

Thanks..and sorry for my english guys!

hairydavid

Reaction score
Hey Folliman .Thanks for answer and youve got true!

So i decided to take 0.5mg finasteride!
Heres my regime:

0.5mg generic Finasteride
5% minoxidil (QGAIN BRAND)-everyday two times with Dermaroller 1.5mm
Stemoxydine (Garnier)-Everyday before sleeping)
Nizoral shampoo (every other day)
Alpecin Coffein Shampoo-Everyday
Hair Vitamin complex
L-Carnitine 500mg

Also convert my food into Japanese Food...so too much seafood and vegetables

Heres my hairline (I know its quite not visible but i upload more photos)

Attachments

• 15731521_10210068239316135_591778345_n.jpg
    15731521_10210068239316135_591778345_n.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 569

hairydavid

Reaction score
michel sapin

No i'm not french:) why? My goal is maintain hair and some regrowth in frontal area.So i apply minoxidil to all areas.

Attachments

• 15749509_10210076329478384_363563360_n.jpg
    15749509_10210076329478384_363563360_n.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 636

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
michel sapin

No i'm not french:) why? My goal is maintain hair and some regrowth in frontal area.So i apply minoxidil to all areas.

Your hair looks great David. Just continue the regimen and go on a low dose of finasteride. Some people say even 0.25 mg is enough, but i havent tried it yet.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dont worry about your English, there are guys here from all over the world and english isnt everyones 1st language. I understood everything (apart from 'divorcing' your girlfriend! Lol). You have very thick hair - like me, but like me you also have a receeding hairline so i would suggest to check out the 'succesd stories' thread. Just read one by someone who uses totally different products for hairline as the big 3 do not work so well on that area for him. Will see if i can find the name of the thread...

hairydavid

Reaction score
Thanks guys for reply.

I understand all matters but 0.5mg of finasteride compared to 1mg its same percentage of effectiveness +/− of small percentage.That means logically side effects dont go away and my insomnia was brutal.

Currently Ive been on BIG 2-Minoxidil 5% Liquid,Nizoral (ive had prepared finasteride 0.5mg but still have thoughts)
and active used Stemoxydine 5% since 3 months ago

Hopefully stopped and been proactive when i had something on my head.Ive had little bit shedding from minoxidil.

And something about Stemox.A lot of quetions are here on forum.Yes it has SMALL Effect(compared to finasteride and minoxidil) and yeah i think it stop inflammation too.Its not worthless until you have something on your head.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you but as I was saying as your concerns are about receding hairline; its best to look at some of the posts in 'success stories' who talk about alternative ways of dealing with that..

hairydavid

Reaction score
I'm just want to update you guys.My hairline beign thicker and some of little terminal hairs growth around frontal area no big deal but somehow...

Thanks to Somebody thread and his videos of ideas im just think that helped me a lot!

I know that im just panicked but im nearly 30s and want to keep some hairs

My current regiment:
5% liquid minoxidil Qgain brand 2× daily
0.25mg of finasteride mixed with minoxidil
5% Stemoxydine
Hair vitamins, l carnitine,Magnesium everyday
Matcha tea everyday
Ketonic diet (lot of protein)

Attachments

• 2017-02-09_00.19.21.jpg
    2017-02-09_00.19.21.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 2017-02-09_00.18.37.jpg
    2017-02-09_00.18.37.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 409

RS85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @hairydavid,

Thanks for the update. Your hair looks great, you regime seems to be working well.

Can i check - what do you mean by "0.25mg of finasteride mixed with minoxidil"? I was on 0.25 mg propecia daily but felt that my hair was shedding so i changed the pattern to 0.5 mg every other day recently. Still monitoring if there are changes.

Also, how long have you been on this regime? And what is 5% Stemoxydine and what hair vitamins are you taking?

Many thanks,
RS

hairydavid

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Some updates with pics.Nothing dramatic change some gains some looses.

Since ive got sides from finasteride im just decided to throw it away-topically and orally too.Ive got horrible insomnia during finasteride si ive got big respect to it.Ive been up for 2 days and feeling so depressed so not worth it.

I literally losses battle with hair loss when i dont block some DHT.Im still using 5% liquid minoxidil twice a day 1ml per usage for one year with Nizoral shampoo too so its a time when i start to loose gains and please dont write me a opossite reactions.Im receded a bit on front.I decided to get a liposomal finasteride 0,25% but not from Hasson and Wong but Italian doctor GIGLI.It cost me a 25 euro/month so its not pain in the *** or RU58841 ...

Whats your opinion guys?Topical finasteride or RU?Im 28

Attachments

• 24726508_10212987021683870_401331516_n.jpg
    24726508_10212987021683870_401331516_n.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 24331517_10212987021563867_1383448097_n.jpg
    24331517_10212987021563867_1383448097_n.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 329

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've got great hair. Describe your insomnia please. Do u stay up for a few nights straight or do I just wake up earlier?

hairydavid

Reaction score
You've got great hair. Describe your insomnia please. Do u stay up for a few nights straight or do I just wake up earlier?

Hello.Unable to fall asleep so i was stay up 2 days and then fall asleep so in my option for take finasteride orally was failed.

But i need to block DHT as well for maintaining ...so i decided to use topical liposomal finasteride from Dr.Gigli from Italy...

hairydavid

Reaction score
Whole scalp without issues.However minoxidil works but you need to add some dht blocker to synergy process of further balding.So my option is "undiscovered" topical finasteride or "risky" RU.Also i added azelaic acid cream with min.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so you use dropper to spread it on whole scalp ? what amount for your vertex crown ?

hairydavid

Reaction score
Since my hair is very thick i use 2ml on whole scalp.1ml crown area and 1ml on frontal area.I use long dropper which is very good.

Liquid is best option i think.I understand everyone was different so foam is good too but stay on liquid version if you dont have allergy on PG.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Has op tried taking finasteride first thing in the morning? This may help you sleep better

hairydavid

Reaction score
I think it doesnt matter if you take it before sleeping or in the morning.finasteride systematically reduce overtime Allopregnanone(which is very important hormone) levels so sensible peoples like me has problems with sleeping and control with anxiety levels.We dont have any clean meds with Allo(some will be released soon) so you can pump your Allo levels only with antidepressants so i dont need to take it.

You dont need to reduce your DHT in your body its bullshit so you need to inhibit your DHT and PGE2 only in your scalp so second generation of topical finasteride is the best option.It contains lipids which unlock finasteride only in your hair follicles something like RU.Hasson and Wong create it but it cost 65euro/monthly so i choose another version from DR.Gigli for 25 euro.It not only finasteride mixed with Alcohol and PG.It contains liposomal peptides...