Baby steps? Just got a prescription.

BaldersHead

Reaction score
I've been trying zinc, fish oil, ginkgo biloba, and saw palmetto for around 2 months now, and believe I have noticed decreased shedding. When I run my hand through my dry hair and close my fingers, trying to pull a few up (not too hard) I only shed maybe 1 or two every few times but usually don't get anything 70% of the time. Before I started, there was usually between 3 and 7 hairs EVERY TIME!

I had a nice hair line about 3 years ago, and I could actually brush my hair up. I can't do it anymore however because it had gotten pretty thin in the front and If I look in the mirror under the right light, I can see where the thinning may progress which is pretty much the whole 1/3 of the front of my head.

Well, I just got back from the doctor a few hours ago and he gave me a prescription for 30 proscar and told me to cut them up. He also made sure to tell me that people usually take finesteride because THEY HAVE TO, to retain quality of life while they "put up" with the gyno. He also made sure to mention sexual side effects and gyno. He said that there is basically nothing that can "regrow" hair, but explained the whole DHT aspect that everyone here knows. He's bald on top completely, so we had a few laughs about it all. I told him I feel really silly even coming in to ask for a prescription, but that I want to at least see if it helps me retain what I have. I also felt like a huge f** on the drive home.

I've read stories on propeciahelp.com and other sites about irreversible side effects, and it appears that the site is a flytrap for the 2% that experience harsh side effects.

Will I be one? I don't know. I don't know if I'll even BUY PROSCAR with my prescription.

I could very well jump over this fiery pit with a thicker head of hair, b**ch tits, a flaccid penis, and watery semen.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
I had similar feelings when visiting my GP, hes about 60 and a solid NW1. Even though, he was really helpful about my visit. I did teach him a thing or to about proscar and hairloss, he was astonished at how much research i had done(this forum really).

So im on it about a year, no side effects what so ever, i just never think about them to be honest, get the odd groin pain once and a while thats it.

Good stuff taking supplements it helps the battle.

TheNational

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
You mind as well try it out. IF you experience sides you can always stop taking it. The bad thing about finasteride is that people psyche themselves out more then the acutal medication giving you any sides.

I was in the same boat as you...I took 1mg of finasteride in the mornings and then instantly started thinking about sides and anything that started hurting or if I got a headache I would say to myself that it MUST be the finasteride.

So what did I do? Started taking finasteride before going to bed...you fall asleep and wake up in the morning having totally forgot about the fact that you took finasteride...and I NEVER think about sides anymore (but I actually don't have any).

Maybe that will help you out?