B6/Zinc

anomal

Reaction score
What up, wondering if ne of you have had positive results with b6/zinc and if so when can i pic it up.

MontyBurns

Reaction score
You have to make it yourself.

I make it like this:
440 mg zinc sulphate and 150 mg pyridoxal-5-phosphate in 2 oz distilled water

It stopped my hairloss after 2 months of use.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, There is no vitamins or minerals that make hair grow, or that stimulate regrowth. Zinc and vitamin B6 only aid in keeping your existing hair as healthy as possible. Zinc fortifies the keratin in your hair, while B6 allows for faster nutrient exchange. Ralphy, please elaborate further...

XL

anomal

Reaction score
lol im not that retarded. i knew it wouldent regrow i jus twasnt sure on what it did

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
This Zix stuff is just a bunch of hooey.

First of all, the body is unable to metabolize vitamins topically.

Thats why we have a DIGESTIVE TRACT.

I think that anyone that is having actual benefit from this treatment is probably just experiencing a nice placebo effect.

There are studies that zinc with azelaic acid can inhibit DHT, but I doubt that zinc and b6 will stop hairloss. Otherwise, we could all just double up on the multivitamins and nobody would be bald.

henry

Reaction score
I've been losing my hair for 8 years....365 days a year. I've got about half the hair I had then and what i have left wont grow longer than an two inches...anyways. I've tried many products over the past 8 years, for years at a time: propecia, minoxidil, folligen, saw, nioxin, FNS, on and f*ckin on...last year i gave up after the whole FNS scam.

Four months ago I started zix. My hairloss has now stopped (actually it stopped during month 2). I use no other products. My dad is bald. All my Uncles are bald. Every male in my family suffers from male pattern baldness (Im half bald), yet since I starting slapping zinc/b6 on my head twice a day, my loss has stopped for the first time. Impressive responce, wouldnt you say, for a solution that cant penetrate the scalp. later

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
henry, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'll say its possible for this concoction to work, but I need more proof than conjecture.

At best, this mixture could be a significant DHT inhibitor, but it will have no regrowth properties

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
vortex72 said:
henry, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'll say its possible for this concoction to work, but I need more proof than conjecture.

At best, this mixture could be a significant DHT inhibitor, but it will have no regrowth properties

i'm skeptical, but i've decided to give zix a shot. it gets great reviews over at that "other" site. a lot of people are in fact reporting regrowth with zix. people with nothing to gain and no money to make.

keep in mind that no one really understands why minoxidil works either. and yet it does. no one questions that. if zix is working for the majority of people who try it, i think it should make an excellent adjunct to a regimen based on proven treatments. all that matters is that it works. most people are saying it does. who are we to contradict them?

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/spooky/

even though this guy is now using other hairloss products, the first few months of progress are solely from zix. actually, i'll contact this guy and verify that this is the case (i'm not 100% sure).

of course, not everyone is going to respond this well, but the same can be said of propecia, minoxidil, etc.

i wouldn't use zix by itself, but i'm going to give it a trial run and do some research into other topicals. if i decide to replace zix with another topical dht inhibitor after i've done some additional research, nothing lost, nothing gained. at least this stuff won't cost me 30 bucks a month like revivogen.

funkster

Reaction score
vitamins can be utilised via topical administration - B6 pyridoxine is converted to B6 pyridoxal both internally and via skin mechanism.

B6 potentialises a 5aR inhibition effect of zinc according to the following study...

----------
Br J Dermatol 1988 Nov;119(5):627-632
Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic
acid.

When added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l, zinc was a potent
inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc
could completely inhibit the enzyme activity...
----------

Another study shows zincs ability to reduce 5aR type I...

----------
Cations inhibit specifically type I 5 alpha-reductase found in human skin.

Author: Sugimoto Y; López-Solache I; Labrie F; Luu-The V
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology,
CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada.
Source: J Invest Dermatol, 104: 5, 1995 May, 775-8
----------

I don't know whether it works, but I'm currently tring it in a 50/50 aloe & water mix with 10% MSM - if nothing else I'm getting scary as hell hair growth - around an inch per month :)

powersam

Reaction score
zinc has been shown to generate small hairs also , if we talking regrowth. not exactly sure how , but its something to do with scalp irritation. like the patches of thick hair that grow wherever downs sydnrome kids chew on themselves.(i do not use this example in bad taste , its simply the most valid)

this sounds like junk science i know , mostly because it is , but ive tried topical zinc , with ascorbic acid and have seen the generation of many very small hairs , so it does something right up there

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
at that guys point i think it would look better to just cleaning shave the top and trim the sides

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
zinc has been shown to generate small hairs also , if we talking regrowth. not exactly sure how , but its something to do with scalp irritation. like the patches of thick hair that grow wherever downs sydnrome kids chew on themselves.(i do not use this example in bad taste , its simply the most valid)

this sounds like junk science i know , mostly because it is , but ive tried topical zinc , with ascorbic acid and have seen the generation of many very small hairs , so it does something right up there

Some of the Vit C metabolites adresse Dkk1. Zinc is weak anti-androgen and also helps slightly to resolve fibrotic tissues. I read about Zinc ruining minoxidil, so they shouldnt be used together. Surely an option for minoxidil non-responder or people who dont wanna use it.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of the Vit C metabolites adresse Dkk1. Zinc is weak anti-androgen and also helps slightly to resolve fibrotic tissues. I read about Zinc ruining minoxidil, so they shouldnt be used together. Surely an option for minoxidil non-responder or people who dont wanna use it.
Zinc and minoxidil actualy react with eachother, making both of them non-active, so don't mix them out ;)