Awful Crown And Nw2-2.5 Hairline - Am I A Fue Candidate? Please Help

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I´ve been lurking regularly on this forums for 3 years since I first realized I had male pattern baldness

First time I became aware of my baldness was when a friend told me about a thin spot in my crown in July of 2015 (I was 27 then, now I´m 30). As soon as I spotted it through mirrors and phone selfies, I was terrorized, especially because my hairline was somewhat normal at that time. I also snoted some general thining over the top of the head (no bald spot, just reduced density). After 6 months of researching, I got into the big 3 (finas every other day, minoxidil and keto). Within 4-5 months, results were awesome and practically my whole head was nicely covered in hair. However, based monstly in anecdotes of users from this forums I knew that the initial results were most likely not going to be maintained, and eventually I lost those immediate results, buI think I´ve been above baseline anyayws.

The problems are the following:

1) Although above or at least at baseline after 2.5 years of treatment, my crown spot is still bothering me like hell. Usually it´s not that noticeable given that surrounding hair covers it under a casual hair styling, but sometimes when my hair gets scrambled in certain ways or under intense light, my scalp is clearly visible.

2) I have always been obsessed with the crown and because there was no apparent issue with the hairline, I overlooked it. However, since some months I just got curius about it, and began to pull it up to closely examine it, finding that my hairline is actually irregular (i believe there is some diffuse thinning there) and some temple recession as well. I am not sure if this is progression of male pattern baldness because most of the pictures I have pre-treatment are not very clear enough to make a conclusion given the hairstyle I had, but now my obsession is over this area as well. I believe i´m somewhere between NW2-Norwood-2.5.

So, given all these issues, I want to ask you folks if a hair transplant is a good idea to fill in my crown and PERHAPS to reinforce the hairline a little bit. I was thinking on FUE, but given that I still have some hairs (although at low densities) in the "bald" spot, I am afraid that a transplant would kill the surrounding native hairs so the results would end up being cosmetically insignificant. What would you say about it?

I am uploading some pics.
The first one is my hairline under my USUAL hairstyle. At the left,it´s me back in 2014, when I never imagined I was going to suffer from hairloss. At the right it´s a recently taken picture (4 years later). Not so bad, but you´ll see when I pull back my hair.

Secondly, a picture of my forehead with my front hair being pulled back, so you can see my irregular hairline (look how it´s not a straight line but rather a zigzag pattern) and also my temple recession.

Finally, prepare for the horror... my crown. In the left pic, my usual hairstyle. Not bad, bald spot not that big.. Now, in the right pic I styled my hair around the bald spot as AS BAD AS I COULD and under harsh sunlight so you can see the extent of the problem. My bald spot is actually a halo of bare scalp, with an apparent island of hair in the center.

I think that´s all the info you need to have. Do you think I´m worth a FUE?

Regards, and sorry for my awful english

Attachments

• WIN_20181004_12_46_36_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181004_12_46_36_Pro.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 350
  • WIN_20181004_13_03_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181004_13_03_32_Pro.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 348
  • WIN_20181004_13_40_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181004_13_40_32_Pro.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 355