Awaiting on Finax (1mg Dr. Reddy) order from UP

G

I'm anxiously awaiting my arrival of my first order of finasteride. I've been on the Big 2 since November and finally decided to add low dosage finasteride to my regimen.

I did a bit of research on on these pharmacies and indian pharmaceutical companies before deciding to purchase, and it eased my fears and/or concerns a bit, but I guess the thought of getting that counterfeit drug will always linger until I use the stuff and see that the only effect it has is helping my hair grow! :)

I did a search on this forum and haven't seen many posts about Finax but I'm curious how many people use it here? Has anybody gotten burnt with a suspected counterfeit Finax as well? Dr. Reddy's also lists the contact information for their various offices around the world and they have one in the United States. Do you think they could verify the legitimacy of the medication if I contacted them based on any number off of the packaging?

Oh the waiting game continues! I was hoping to get home today and see a package in my mailbox with the Cayman Islands (or some place lesser known)as the return address and I'd just know it was my Finax! Unitedpharmacies.com says 7-14 days and it will be 7 days tomorrow, I hope it comes in!!! :)

G

Finax must not be popular around here, hasn't arrived today. D'oh!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ive seen Finast mentioned and i know of Finax and you have nothing to worry so far as Dr. Reddy's,its a reputable company,and Unitedpharmacies.com is also legit,and itll prob be hong kong ya get ya Finax arrive from,i get my fincar from them and thats where it comes in from.

im in the uk and its usually dead on 7 days delivery for me

basically youll be fine! :hairy:

G

Thanks for the reply Libertine!

Before I ordered this stuff I did some research on both Reddy's and unitedpharmacies and saw they were both reputable, but now I just caught on about how Hong Kong has a ton of counterfeits.

Man do I HOPE my package doesn't come from Hong Kong now. I will do some close inspection to the package printing and the pill itself.

I hope Reddy's can verify it is correct or counter if I have any doubts on it.

Though it sounds like you purchased Fincar from UP and it came from Hong Kong but it was still legit? I guess it's just hit or miss if it comes from Hong Kong huh? Well hopefully it'll come in today! :)

G

I just got this reply back from John Mills of UnitedPharmacies.com:

The Finax we sell is Dr Reddys from our Indian supplier. Our office is
located in Hong Kong where we ship out of. We buy the Finax from India, get
it shipped to us in Hong Kong and ship to the USA from there.

From what it sounds like, UP is based out of Hong Kong (or they have another office located there?) and they get the shipment of Finax FROM India, and in turn ship it on over here to the US or wherever. Where the possibility of a Hong Kong counterfeit come into play now if the medicine is received directly from the manufacturer in India? The only scenario I can see is if UP is not based in Hong Kong, but simply has an office there and the employees cheat the UP company by purchasing (what they may believe to be "real") counterfeit Finax, or whatever other med, from a much cheaper Hong Kong based distributor and then pockets the difference and ships out the counterfeits? Again, just a speculation on how it would be possible to get a counterfeit drug from them based on John Mills response.

I guess I'll just have to hope and pray to God that the stuff I get is real, or that it would be an obvious fake once I inspect it (though I'll pull for the first).

G

My order came in today!! That was 8 days after it was shipped, not bad!!

Unfortunately it came registered mail and is sitting at the post office right now. I'll have to try picking it up tomorrow morning or perhaps they'll try to redeliver (I just hope I'll be home!).

Boy I sure hope that this stuff is legit!!!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
its legit,dont even begin to worry

and as counterfeiting generics,its just not worth it,they are so cheap anyway

good luck with treatment :hairy:

G

How can you be so confident though? I thought there's been plenty reports of counterfeit Cipla AND Dr. Reddy's drugs? It does make sense that the counterfeiters would have more to gain by doing proscar/propecia rather than these generics but I'm sure they'll do anything to get a buck. I think I will be slightly worried every other day when I pop these pills unless I could possibly have its legitimacy verified by Dr. Reddys.

Now I'll have to wait until Monday thanks to government. The mailman didn't even knock on the door yesterday with the delivery and he didn't come back today even either! :evil:

beaner

Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
How can you be so confident though? I thought there's been plenty reports of counterfeit Cipla AND Dr. Reddy's drugs? It does make sense that the counterfeiters would have more to gain by doing proscar/propecia rather than these generics but I'm sure they'll do anything to get a buck. I think I will be slightly worried every other day when I pop these pills unless I could possibly have its legitimacy verified by Dr. Reddys.

Now I'll have to wait until Monday thanks to government. The mailman didn't even knock on the door yesterday with the delivery and he didn't come back today even either! :evil:

There hasn't been one report of counterfeit Cipla or Dr Reddy's drugs on this or any forum that I'm aware of. If anyone knows of one please post a link, although I'm sure there isn't any.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hong Kong is the captial fake drug manufactoring spot in the world. Where does he get his stuff? Hong Kong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

beaner

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Hong Kong is the captial fake drug manufactoring spot in the world. Where does he get his stuff? Hong Kong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The stuff is shipped from Hong Kong and manufactured in India. There is absolutely no profit to be made in counterfeiting Indian generics. Like I said, there has never been a report of counterfeit Cipla or Dr Reddy's on any forum.

G

beaner said:
There hasn't been one report of counterfeit Cipla or Dr Reddy's drugs on this or any forum that I'm aware of. If anyone knows of one please post a link, although I'm sure there isn't any.

Here is a thread regarding Cipla's Fincar, though it seems like speculation rather than anything definitive: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=

Though if there is no documented case of a counterfeited generic that will make me feel MUCH better.

Even IF it is counterfeit, are the ingredients usually inert rather than something poisonous that can seriously harm me? The former would just tick me off but the possibility of the latter is what scares me. I'd rather go cued than poison myself!

G

beaner, did you read that thread?

Well STILL no freakin Finax. So the USPS comes on Friday and does not even knock, and leaves the little pink slip in the mailbox that they tried to deliver a registered letter. I sign the form saying to leave it in my mailbox and leave it there Saturday. They left no Finax and took the card too! Today, the mail comes but NO FINAX still!! Man we really need the Libertarians to take over this country so things like the USPS can be eliminated :evil:

G

Ok, I now have FINAX! :)

I hope this stuff is legit. Does anybody have an image of what the pill packaging is supposed to look like so that I can make a comparison? The silk screening does not look that high quality but I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like so its hard to compare.

There are some numbers on the packaging too but I'm not sure if it would mean anything to anybody here. I wish I had a scanner so that I can scan the packaging and post the image here.