Avoiding Hair Loss Induced By Lifting?

baldcel503

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have maintained and experienced regrowth on finasteride over 2 years usage. Recently (4 months ago) i started lifting every day and doing cardio, along with a diet which i feel isn't causing it (it's not keto diet or crash diet etc), i lost a lot of weight and gained muscle but have caused my vertex to become diffused and excessive thinning around my hairline, as well as a bald spot on top, and i'm now even worse than pre-finasteride. I am 23 and if i keep this up for another year i will be 32. I can't go on dutasteride btw because i already having to deal with the shitty finasteride sides.

The only other thing i can think of causing it other than the exercise regime is that i stopped drinking monster energy every day which i did for 4 years, which may have provided a protective effect that is now gone, if the caffeine theory is true.

After noticing it i am using daily Iron,Zinc,Castor oil,evening primrose oil,fish oil, i use these in case the diet is not sufficient but i doubt it since i only cut out junk.

Another case study is my brother who was very active and healthy but his head was demolished by 23. I believe all this time i've only kept my hair by being somewhat overweight and living a sedentary lifestyle (associated with high E and low T), and when i try to improve myself and made significant gains, the norwood reaper punishes me.

Last edited:

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have maintained and experienced regrowth on finasteride over 2 years usage. Recently (4 months ago) i started lifting every day and doing cardio, along with a diet which i feel isn't causing it (it's not keto diet or crash diet etc), i lost a lot of weight and gained muscle but have caused my vertex to become diffused and excessive thinning around my hairline, as well as a bald spot on top, and i'm now even worse than pre-finasteride. I am 23 and if i keep this up for another year i will be 32. I can't go on dutasteride btw because i already having to deal with the shitty finasteride sides.

The only other thing i can think of causing it other than the exercise regime is that i stopped drinking monster energy every day which i did for 4 years, which may have provided a protective effect that is now gone, if the caffeine theory is true.

After noticing it i am using daily Iron,Zinc,Castor oil,evening primrose oil,fish oil, i use these in case the diet is not sufficient but i doubt it since i only cut out junk.

Another case study is my brother who was very active and healthy but his head was demolished by 23. I believe all this time i've only kept my hair by being somewhat overweight and living a sedentary lifestyle (associated with high E and low T), and when i try to improve myself and made significant gains, the norwood reaper punishes me.

What is the dose of fina that you are using?

And i lol'd the norwood reaper remark.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. You don’t need to push your body. Play a sport casually, walk around with friends, get a backyard hobby, garden, go on walks, build something

For 8000 years humans never sat around a room doing reps of heavy metal lifting

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
100% certain that (heavy) lifting causes shedding! Scientific research or not, this is my personal experience over many years. Each and every time, when I start heavy lifting for more than a month, the shedding increases significantly. This is also entirely logical; heavy lifting causes a spike in testosterone and DHT.

But I'd still rather go bald in shape (and healthy) than become weak and probably still go bald, just a little slower.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's true, I agree on that! What do you think about some supplements or vitamins for hair? I would like to recommend that you have a look at Canada Drugs Direct for some helpful meds. Maybe you will find something to you there, good luck!

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lifting every day might cause hair loss.

Going to the gym and lifting 3x a week probably will not - that is the frequency I train.

Also, avoid supplements such as creatine.

Cardio also decreases dht levels

Anecdotal, but I lost hair when I wasn’t lifting. First at university, and before I started hitting the gym last year, which caused me to look for better treatments.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lifting does not cause hair loss. Does not even accelerate it in any significant way. New nofap crap?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lifting increases testosterone , so how can you say it doesn't have an effect? I believe it can. It can have a positive effect too if it takes you away from being insulin resistant. Just depends on the person. I don't advocate not working out, but it can certainly be a contributing factor.
Its effects are not worthy of mentioning, just like nofap. That increase does little in accelerating hair loss, so one should lift weights with no concerns whatsoever.

Unless there are studies claiming otherwise, I dont think one should worry about it.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said. Excessive masturbating/weight lifting does accelerate hair loss, but my point is the effect is most likely minor, so nothing to worry about. But still, we dont know for certain.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said. Excessive masturbating/weight lifting does accelerate hair loss, but my point is the effect is most likely minor, so nothing to worry about. But still, we dont know for certain.

and to add to this point, most people will lift 3 times a week, where any rise in testosterone is negligible

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true.. I don't think it is too bad. But I would still take some medicine to make sure I don't lose too much hair. I often get some from Canadian Pharmacy, for example. And I think it works really well. Have a look there too, maybe you will find it helpful to you too :)

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. You don’t need to push your body. Play a sport casually, walk around with friends, get a backyard hobby, garden, go on walks, build something

For 8000 years humans never sat around a room doing reps of heavy metal lifting

8.000 years???????????

6 million years buddy. 200.000 of those as homo sapiens. WTF