avodart

antonio666

Reaction score
Just started using avodart 5 weeks ago today,i have had no side effects what so ever but nothing positive either.Hair still falls out at the same rate
as ever.What i,m wondering is as anybody had any decent regrowth from this drug or is it just maintaining what you had.I know for many people maintaining is a sucsess and would have been for me if i,d have started 6 months earlier.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
You won't see much on any treatment after only 5 weeks.

Look for a change in either hair texture, shaft thickness, density or shedding after six months. No change? Another six months. You said maintaining would be enough for you had you started six months ago, I have a feeling you'll change your mind about that soon enough. :lol:

Sean68

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
Tomsmith what do you mean change my mind .
Do you mean the best i can hope for is maintainence

well the best you can hope for is total regrowth but realistically you may
get a little and maintain the rest. you shouldnt judge anything after 5 weeks either.

by the way seeing as youre from manchester i should warn you that dutasteride has only been proven to work on people from the red half of the city.

:hairy:

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
What I meant Antonio, was that in my experience every time you have a shed you look at your hair and go "right if I can keep this much hair I'll be happyâ€￾.

Everyone is different of course. If you are truly at the stage where you feel you need a lot of regrowth you may be disappointed with what most treatments offer. I notice you're not on minoxidil...

antonio666

Reaction score
this is off topic a bit but i keep hoping that one day stockport will be relagated to the vauxhall confrence so i can jump on th man unt band wagon