Avodart User Plz Hepl Me Whith Pic 7 Word

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi
I’m started avodart 2 month ago and now my hair line receed
I want to know is it normal?
but I should say that,after I started dutastride my shed decreased but as I said my hair line become thinner
plz help me if you are a avodart user
my hair is become thinmer too what should I do
finastride didn’t work work well for me
I am 22
and what is my norwood?

https://imgur.com/XwpEAxq

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats your crown like?

Is it only your hair line that you are worried about?

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you use finasteride for ?
about one year but It was the cheapest fina and I think didn’t work because when I took finpecia it gave me nice regrowth in short time but I could’t find finpecia in my country any more

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, you'll be good. You can try and dermarolling and minoxidil to get your hairline back, but as long as you're on dutasteride you will be ok.
I think I am not a good responder to minoxidil I tried it before duta and my hair got a bit better by the way thanks for your reply

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi
I’m started avodart 2 month ago and now my hair line receed
I want to know is it normal?

Srarted Avodart 3+ months ago (in combo with minoxidil and ketoconazole). Before Avodart took finasteride 5mg as mono therapy for 6 weeks. On finasteride shedding doubled (subjective assessment). On Avodart shedding increased severely. Lost a lot of hair on my temples etc. By end of month 3 shedding almost stopped - 5-10 hairs per day, as I can note while washing my hair every day. Current result: good temples regrowth, in the most deceased segment my hairline lowered by 1-1,5 cm (dark thick normal growing hair).

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica's latest data suggest that you don't need to go higher than .25mm to trigger the wound healing process.[/QUOTE]

I used .25mm for a week. I doubt it produced any visible wounds, although it facilitated absorption. Despite thorough precautionary measures, I acquired infection and severe inflammation. I dropped dermaroller. Then I found that dermaroller is inferior to microneedling by e.g. Dr Pen, the latter allows strictly vertical penetration and no torn skin, thus reducing the risk of infection. I'm considering adding this option once a week, probably 1-1.5.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could use anti-androgens, that’s the only option for non-responders to dutasteride...

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anti-androgens, that’s the only option for non-responders to dutasteride...[/QUOTE]
Any experience with immunosuppressants for pattern hair loss? Tofacitinib seems to have an acceptable risk profile than e.g. better known cyclosporine. I have seen impressive results with tofacitinib - man had to quit finasteride, as it ruined his beard.

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dense wounding at at .15mm depth gives better results than the Dhurat study at 1.5mm depth. Density is more important than depth

Thanks for this note. Exactly, I surfed for comparisons between different microneedling regiments - e.g. 1.5+ with small area covered (hairline) or little depth 0.25 with full area covered. Then, Dr Pen 0.25mm + large area covered may not be inferior to 1.5mm + small area covered

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sammumed's SM04554 would be better,

Look forward to phase 3 results. I'm on Avodart and it has ruined my beard. Even 15% minoxidil fails to compensate. I need some alternatives to combat DHT-caused inflammation.

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Pen goes up to 36 needles , at least 200 punctures per cm².[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Will try this addition.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 what do you mean by density over depth?

The number of wounds per cm². If the density is too low then quorum sensing doesn't kick in, and new follicles aren't generated. In mice the optimal density is 200 hairs plucked per 5 mm diameter area. In humans it's probably less than that.

nihms675406f1.jpg

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
@pegasus2 thanks. Are there any 0.25 mm dermarollers you suggest? Not too wild about investing in a pen, and would rather try a manual stamp or roller first. Also, are you doing the once every 3 months wounding or once a week?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Once a week. I don't know. I think all the .25mm rollers and stamps are small, so they would take forever to go over your whole scalp with. The pens aren't much when you consider you only have to buy them once, and the refills are cheaper than buying a new roller every few months. It's also more difficult to get sufficient density when using a roller, but it is doable.

Thanks! What pen do you use?