Avodart Success after only 4 months and how I did it.

TwoHairsLeft

Reaction score
What you guys are saying is completely fair and I don't blame you for thinking that way, if I was in your shoes I would absolutely think the same thing. All I can say is I'm a very logical, down to earth, no jump to conclusion, facts only kind of guy and I am 100% positive that Avodart caused a zombie like state in me. Some may describe it as brain fog (which is a noted side affect) and would be the same thing as what I've described in previous threads. I don't care what the half life of the drug is there is a vast difference in my overall attitude after just one week of being off of dutasteride. Maybe it's like some drugs that can stay in your system for up to a year, but you'll certainly only be high for around eight hours...maybe that's what they mean when they say it "stays in your system".

As for the appearance changes after just one week back on it, I didn't mean that it made my hair fuller, that's impossible, I mean that it made it appear better similar to what you would see if you had changed shampoos. I know, it's all very strange sounding and it could only be experienced if you started taking dutasteride every day for 8 months, which I don't recommend.

ddongkko21

Reaction score
Q: did your mental state of mind changed significant enough for people around you to say something? Why didn't you go back to finasteride? if you never felt that way while on finasteride?

very interesting post for me.

I switched to dutasteride from finasteride about 1.5 month ago. I started taking one pill/day but after seeing that chart, I just popped 3.

I do believe you on the change in state of mind. It doesn't feel like a brain fog or zombie state of mind yet, but things could change.
I do feel a little calmer after starting dutasteride. so far, it works for me because I'm too much of "A type personality:someone who can't relax"
I feel like the "calmness" helps me to focus more in life. I try to study and work out more than before. (of course, I can't say that this is because of dutasteride, i'm just talking about the change in the mental state)

As far as the hair goes, The hairline is getting fucked up. no improvement so far. the right side temple is going up like crazy and the hairline is uneven.
I dropped minoxidil around the same time I started dutasteride. so, it is very hard to measure the regrowth/recession at this point. I'm back to using minoxidil now..tho. I will stick with current regimen for at least 1 yr.

baroudeur

Established Member
Reaction score
i twice took dutasteride 0.5 a day for 4 months and never took it longer than this because of sides,brain fog,joints pain,no libido....
so how is it with your gf? how can you keep it with 3 a day?