avodart ruined my life

antonio666

Reaction score
avodart is sh*t ,if i hadn't taken the drug i would still have half decent head of hair,my front has been totally fucked over in just 59 days,thanks alot avodart,now i'm diffuse allover,i wish i was dead

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride and have not noticed anything too bad but I do think all the time if it is a good thing to screw with our hormones. But the stages of losing hair involves desperation and this is all we have at the moment. I feel your pain. I am in the NW5a direction. My advice is to just stay close with friends and family and go out and workout for some extra confidence. it doesn't replace the hair but it sure helps. Knowing that I am doing something, anything, is way better than sleeping in all day and feeling guilty about it. Atleast if I sleep till noon it is because I stayed out all night...

G

antonio666 said:
avodart is $#iT ,if i hadn't taken the drug i would still have half decent head of hair,my front has been totally f***** over in just 59 days,thanks alot avodart,now i'm diffuse allover,i wish i was dead

I'm not saying that you're lying, but Avodart is just like finasteride except that it lowers my DHT and also the other DHT type as well. How would Avodart have caused you hairloss?

Are you sure you're not just re-synchronizing your hair cycles and experiencing a shed from the avodart (meaning a good thing)??

I mean if it's as bad as you say it is now, might as well just stay on the dutasteride and HOPE this is the case right? Why aren't you on minoxidil?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if i were admin i would ban you

this is the third thread like this, i think they are even copy pasted

you've been reassured about this problem by many people many times, stop whoring for attention on the board.

if you want real support and not just attention, why not post some pics.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
avodart is $#iT ,if i hadn't taken the drug i would still have half decent head of hair,my front has been totally f***** over in just 59 days,thanks alot avodart,now i'm diffuse allover,i wish i was dead

Antonio, sorry to hear this.. Did you go from NW1 to NW4 after using avodart? Can you prove with pictures? The answer is likely to be no. If hairs shed, it could mean that the treatment works for you

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's only been 2 damn months... don't you even read up that there is a shedding phase.

Seriously dude do your homework and stop posting freak out threads.

T

Timi

dutasteride

antonio666
13Month dutasteride
My Hair is thin bad as never bevor

Yesterday was the last Day with dutasteride

Never Never Never dutasteride

dutasteride is not for all people (wrong Genotyp)

Timi

Pondle

Reaction score
Re: dutasteride

Timi said:
antonio666
13Month dutasteride
My Hair is thin bad as never bevor

Yesterday was the last Day with dutasteride

Never Never Never dutasteride

dutasteride is not for all people (wrong Genotyp)

Timi

I think it's probably more likely that you were taking a fake drug.

G

techprof said:
antonio666 said:

Antonio, sorry to hear this.. Did you go from NW1 to NW4 after using avodart? Can you prove with pictures? The answer is likely to be no. If hairs shed, it could mean that the treatment works for you

tech he is either lying or shedding. maybe both. if hes shedding the hair will grow abck.

T

Timi

dutasteride

From
http://www.qhi.co.uk/

Is 100% original Avodart from GlaxoSmithKline

this was my 2 Attempt in the last 4Years
in the first Attempt Year 2004-2005

the same result
stopped Avo.(dutasterid) and my Hair darker more live
my Front with proscar better and better! No minoxidil!

This is in German speak
http://www.usa-direkt.de/avodart.htm
I hope you understand
dutasteride ist not so good for everybody I think

In a Germany Board more and more Reports Frontal Thinning
some Topik dutasteride. User reports from Frontal thinning and the Hairline
is bad and the Upper Head ist thinned out ! Hairs ill

I cannot understand why dutasteride so pushed here
the most dutasteride User have bad Experiences
Anyhow in our board and here not better
do not have many success only few

Pleace not stony
my experience in long Years

And sorry for my bad English

Timi

Pondle

Reaction score
On paper dutasteride is very powerful. But we have limited data to assess its performance compared to finasteride, because there's only the phase II dutasteride hair loss trial and one other small study. I don't really trust the anecdotes about it on hairloss forums. So many people are taking fake drugs without knowing it... every internet pharmacy says it sells 100% genuine dutasteride - but do they really? There's no way of knowing!

T

Timi

dutasteride

very powerful

are not absolutely better

not all Hair fall out because of DHT
some are not concerned
dutasteride can Push more free DHT in the scalp
and can makes this Hairs also attack

With dutasteride More Testo in the Scalp more Free DHT
dutasteride blocks this but more in the Blood an not so good
in the Hair root Finasterid better and faster
an kick the Testosteron not so high in the Scalp

Timi

Sean68

Reaction score
Re: dutasteride

Timi said:
very powerful

are not absolutely better

not all Hair fall out because of DHT
some are not concerned
dutasteride can Push more free DHT in the scalp
and can makes this Hairs also attack

With dutasteride More Testo in the Scalp more Free DHT
dutasteride blocks this but more in the Blood an not so good
in the Hair root Finasterid better and faster
an kick the Testosteron not so high in the Scalp

Timi

you should be a poet. maybe work on the rhymes a little but still pretty good.

Pondle

Reaction score
I don't understand why you say that dutasteride increases "free DHT". It inhibits both scalp and serum DHT to a higher level than finasteride. Dutasteride 0.5mg/day decreases serum DHT 91% and scalp DHT 54%. Finasteride 5mg/day decreases serum DHT 71% and scalp DHT 38%.

There is a debate as to whether testosterone damages scalp hair directly. The experience of naturally 5AR deficient men suggest it doesn't, or at least doesn't very much. Certainly DHT is much worse; it has something like 30 times the affinity for the androgen receptor.

Besides, we have clinical data showing dutasteride's superiority to finasteride. In a test area at 24 weeks, results showed:
Placebo −32.3 hairs
Finasteride 5mg 75.6 hairs
Dutasteride 0.1 mg 78.5 hairs
Dutasteride 0.5 mg 94.6 hairs
Dutasteride 2.5 mg 109.6 hairs

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well it could be the higher testastorone levels thats killed oure frontal hair, someone wrote about how dutasteride could get youre testost up 150 %... that could be the frontal hair killer... dont know what happend in youre case but it is a posibilety.

Sorry to hear about youre hair loss.. but maibe you should have done more research...

Pondle

Reaction score
Jojje said:
well it could be the higher testastorone levels thats killed oure frontal hair, someone wrote about how dutasteride could get youre testost up 150 %... that could be the frontal hair killer... dont know what happend in youre case but it is a posibilety.

That's actually wrong, the median increase in serum testosterone with 0.5mg dutasteride daily was 19% at both 1 and 2 years, 26% at 3 years, and 22% at 4 years, but the mean and median levels remained within the physiologic range and not too different to the effect of finasteride. Besides, the T would be a lot less damaging (if it is damaging at all) than DHT.