Avodart image

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have been takeing Genuine Avodart for years and on the capsull it was printed GX CE2 in red.
Now the two boxes i have bought have the imprint GX CE2 in the color grey. If anyone out ther is useing Avodart can you please tell me if you have seen this .
Thanks

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With all the people on this board saying they take Avodart i am sure someone can answer my question.

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been getting samples from a friend who is a doctor. the most recent i have recieved expires in 2016 and the writing on it is red. DO you order yours online or pick up in the store?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have been getting samples from a friend who is a doctor. the most recent i have recieved expires in 2016 and the writing on it is red. DO you order yours online or pick up in the store?

Maybe someone on this board that lives near france can call GSK to see if they have changed the imprint to gray i have called all day from the US but was not able to connect a international call,all circuts ere busy

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
otis i've also been taking the genuine Avodart and at least the last 3 boxes came with that grey imprint. I'm from Portugal.

what results are you getting? Did it stop your hair loss?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
otis i've also been taking the genuine Avodart and at least the last 3 boxes came with that grey imprint. I'm from Portugal.

what results are you getting? Did it stop your hair loss?

Yes Genuine Avodart realy works. Oriol i tried to call GlaxoSsmith Klien from the Us many times but had trouble makeing the call. Can you please try to call them from where you are and ask them if they are now makeing it with the grey imprint on the pill. Tell them it was alwayd red up until now and you want to make sure that is the way they are now being made at least in that country. We need to make sure that this is genuine.I have the phone number if you would please call.The number is
+44 (0) 20 8990 9000 Thanks so much

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
But otis, why shouldn't it be genuine? It's just a change in imprint color, nothing more. Your is grey and you're in US, mine is grey too and i'm in Europe. It's fine.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But otis, why shouldn't it be genuine? It's just a change in imprint color, nothing more. Your is grey and you're in US, mine is grey too and i'm in Europe. It's fine.

Yes i am in the US but i bought mine from over there many times and they always sold in with the imprint in red. That is the only image that GSK has for it. Its not listed as the gray and we all need to no if GSK has started to manufacture them with the grey imprint. They will tell you if they make them over there with the grey imprint lets hope they do i dont think so. all data shows only the red imprint. You can help us all if you can call when i do from the US it does no go through . Thanks

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
otis i've tried to called today by a number i found in the internet but nobody answered the phone. And i don't find any e-mail contact.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
otis i've tried to called today by a number i found in the internet but nobody answered the phone. And i don't find any e-mail contact.

I called the number i gave you from Uxbridge middlesex today and being that i was from the USA they refused to give me any info. After that i called here in the USA and they said Avodart was yellow and had the imprint letters in RED edible ink . They said its not made with grey ink. I also e mailed inhouse pharmacy but they did not reply i dont expect them to. So as it stands now the Avodart pills with the grey imprint on them are counterfit. Maybe you could take yours to the pharmacy and ask him what color imprint is on the ones he is selling in your country. If you do a google search on Avodart image the picture will show you with the red imprint in all countrys around the world. i beleve the ones we have are fake.

DTW

Reaction score
Yes, I take genuine Avodart and the lettering on the capsule is grey-ish in color

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, I take genuine Avodart and the lettering on the capsule is grey-ish in color

Were are you buying it from? The people i have spoke to at GSK does not no anything about the grey imprint.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
I called the number i gave you from Uxbridge middlesex today and being that i was from the USA they refused to give me any info. After that i called here in the USA and they said Avodart was yellow and had the imprint letters in RED edible ink . They said its not made with grey ink. I also e mailed inhouse pharmacy but they did not reply i dont expect them to. So as it stands now the Avodart pills with the grey imprint on them are counterfit. Maybe you could take yours to the pharmacy and ask him what color imprint is on the ones he is selling in your country. If you do a google search on Avodart image the picture will show you with the red imprint in all countrys around the world. i beleve the ones we have are fake.

That's is really strange. I mean, i would think that maybe could be counterfeit if i buy them online, there is always that risk and even that it's not very common. But i buy Avodart here in a local pharmacy located in a big city.The chances of it being counterfeit are highly unlikely.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's is really strange. I mean, i would think that maybe could be counterfeit if i buy them online, there is always that risk and even that it's not very common. But i buy Avodart here in a local pharmacy located in a big city.The chances of it being counterfeit are highly unlikely.

Why didnt yiu say you bought them in a pharmacy,look like there is hope.

DTW

Reaction score
Were are you buying it from? The people i have spoke to at GSK does not no anything about the grey imprint.
I have a doctor's prescription, so I'm purchasing from a local pharmacy. The GX CE2 is a very faint grey color. However, if I recall correctly, the previous capsules had red lettering