Avodart (Dutasteride) patent has expried

vinnyvenus

Reaction score
Hey guys I just learned that Avodart patent has expired? When can we see legitimate generic version enter the market?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, the Avodart patent has expired and I use generic Dutasteride now. I'd be paying over $70 a month for genuine Avodart, and now with the generic release my last payment was $6 for Dutasteride.

So yes, the generic version is already on the market. It's a good drug for treating baldness really, I've benefited plenty from it. :)

Koolbite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that's good new since finasteride is slowly starting to loose effectiveness on me and i've been starting taking Duta in early october : 1 pill a week till the new year when i'll increase to 2 times, then 3 times around april and sticking with finasterdie the other days of the week. Is the generic version of dutasrteride available on the web or just in american pharmacies ? Btw i currently order it from inhouse. Is this site really relliable ? I've seen it mentioned manytimes so i guess we would know it by now if they were selling placebo stuff.

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Avodart patent has expired and I use generic Dutasteride now. I'd be paying over $70 a month for genuine Avodart, and now with the generic release my last payment was $6 for Dutasteride.

So yes, the generic version is already on the market. It's a good drug for treating baldness really, I've benefited plenty from it. :)

6usd for 30 0.5mg dutasteride capsules?