Avodart Cheaper Than Propecia In Uk

Is PharmacyDirectGB supplying counterfeit Avodart?

• Total voters

bill_bailey_lookalike

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Long term lurker, first time poster, mid thirties, advanced Norwood 3 (mostly just hairline), been balding for a few years now but otherwise happy with life.

Why is it that Avodart is cheaper than Propecia given that’s it more potent, a gel capsule and newer when ordering online here in the UK from certain pharmacies, even ones recognised as genuine? Looking through forums most think it’s more expensive, is it a case that this has changed recently?

Reason for the question is that I was taking Propecia everyday (along with using Nizoral 2% shampoo a few times a week) for two years with no side effects for 18 months but it only slowed my hair loss (a lot) instead of stopping so I added Avodart 0.5 mg taken three times a week (MWF) for four months and then dropped the Propecia. I was positively surprised the branded Dutasteride (Avodart) was costed less that branded Finasteride (Propecia) especially since I would need less of it and still have a more effective regime.

Avodart 0.5 mg three times a week should be a lot stronger than Propecia but my scalp has started to itch again and I’m losing hair at the rate I did before starting Propecia now that I’m month off the Propecia only taking Avodart (along with using Nizoral shampoo). This has me suspicious that the Avodart 0.5 mg capsules I got from PharmacyDirectGB are counterfeit especially because they have grey writing instead of red and only cost £20 for a box of 30 but other people have had Avodart with grey writing and been assured it’s genuine according to forums.

Product licence number is:

PL 19494/0006

The lot is:

2D3L

Picture of the Avodart attached.

I’ve order some Avodart capsules from another supplier (Pharmacy2U) that charges more to compare (but they’ve not arrived yet) and I’ve started looking for somewhere I can get the original Avodart (from PharmacyDirectGB) chemically verified but no organisation has replied to my request yet. I’m also considering adding the Propecia back into the routine but if the Avodart from PharmacyDirectGB is genuine then it should be pointless abuse of my liver.

What’s the take of others on this?

Thanks

Attachments

• DA54CE8A-82BE-4054-9BA3-3F9D3AAACA1E.jpeg
    DA54CE8A-82BE-4054-9BA3-3F9D3AAACA1E.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 763
  • 79F0EEED-4C27-4A43-9C34-A302DD6C42AE.jpeg
    79F0EEED-4C27-4A43-9C34-A302DD6C42AE.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Long term lurker, first time poster, mid thirties, advanced Norwood 3 (mostly just hairline), been balding for a few years now but otherwise happy with life.

Why is it that Avodart is cheaper than Propecia given that’s it more potent, a gel capsule and newer when ordering online here in the UK from certain pharmacies, even ones recognised as genuine? Looking through forums most think it’s more expensive, is it a case that this has changed recently?

Reason for the question is that I was taking Propecia everyday (along with using Nizoral 2% shampoo a few times a week) for two years with no side effects for 18 months but it only slowed my hair loss (a lot) instead of stopping so I added Avodart 0.5 mg taken three times a week (MWF) for four months and then dropped the Propecia. I was positively surprised the branded Dutasteride (Avodart) was costed less that branded Finasteride (Propecia) especially since I would need less of it and still have a more effective regime.

Avodart 0.5 mg three times a week should be a lot stronger than Propecia but my scalp has started to itch again and I’m losing hair at the rate I did before starting Propecia now that I’m month off the Propecia only taking Avodart (along with using Nizoral shampoo). This has me suspicious that the Avodart 0.5 mg capsules I got from PharmacyDirectGB are counterfeit especially because they have grey writing instead of red and only cost £20 for a box of 30 but other people have had Avodart with grey writing and been assured it’s genuine according to forums.

Product licence number is:

PL 19494/0006

The lot is:

2D3L

Picture of the Avodart attached.

I’ve order some Avodart capsules from another supplier (Pharmacy2U) that charges more to compare (but they’ve not arrived yet) and I’ve started looking for somewhere I can get the original Avodart (from PharmacyDirectGB) chemically verified but no organisation has replied to my request yet. I’m also considering adding the Propecia back into the routine but if the Avodart from PharmacyDirectGB is genuine then it should be pointless abuse of my liver.

What’s the take of others on this?

Thanks
the packaging looks different to what there advertising on the web page but looks like the one on oxfordonlinepharmacy. Iv used pharamcy2u for blood tests and had no problem at all before so would like to see what they send.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think it works out cheaper overall because of the long half life. I don't think the dutasteride you are getting is fake either. Oxfordonline is a good place to get dutasteride, if my hair situation doesn't improve by the 12 month mark i will be switching from finasteride to dutasteride and buying it from there. it is reputable.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think it works out cheaper overall because of the long half life. I don't think the dutasteride you are getting is fake either. Oxfordonline is a good place to get dutasteride, if my hair situation doesn't improve by the 12 month mark i will be switching from finasteride to dutasteride and buying it from there. it is reputable.
pharmacydirctgb are selling avodart at half the price, you heard much about them?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
pharmacydirctgb are selling avodart at half the price, you heard much about them?

Nope, not heard much about them, but i doubt they are fake. Also generic dutasteride is cheaper on oxford than pharmacydirectgb. £115 for 180 capsules.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, not heard much about them, but i doubt they are fake. Also generic dutasteride is cheaper on oxford than pharmacydirectgb. £115 for 180 capsules.
think if i ever went on dutasteride i would stay away from generics

bill_bailey_lookalike

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheaper per pill not just because of the half life

Still waiting on alternative supply to compare but will update when received

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys all legitimate pharmacies in the uk recieve license to operate and are regulated by the GPhC, that includes pharmacydirectGB as is evident from their website. It would be extremely unlikely for a registered pharmacy to actively participate in distributing counterfeits pharmaceuticals. I personally use oxford online pharmacy and the avodart looks identical to what @bill_bailey_lookalike posted.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys all legitimate pharmacies in the uk recieve license to operate and are regulated by the GPhC, that includes pharmacydirectGB as is evident from their website. It would be extremely unlikely for a registered pharmacy to actively participate in distributing counterfeits pharmaceuticals. I personally use oxford online pharmacy and the avodart looks identical to what @bill_bailey_lookalike posted.
howz avodart working for you? how long have you been on it?

bill_bailey_lookalike

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got the delivery from Pharmacy2U today. Look identical to the ones from PharmacyDirectGB so either both supply counterfeits or the the descriptions in the PLs requires updating. I’m going to have to assume genuine and that I need to take more than just MWF to match what it did alongside Propecia.

Moving to a regimen of Avodart 0.5 mg everyday to see if the itch goes away again like it did when taking along side Propecia. If moving to every day gets rid of the itch then I’ll stay that way and after a few months I may add Metformin to the mix as recent studies have shown uses of higher doses of DHT blockers increases your chance of becoming diabetic and having a fatty liver. Metformin can prevent that and is shown to have other benefits fir longevity too so I think that may be a smart move

I’ll keep the thread updated

bill_bailey_lookalike

My Regimen
Reaction score
Avodart Monday to Friday did the job. Also periodically take Metformin long release tablets and other supplements. No itch or further hair loss, some regrow this and thickening. No health issues. Very happy.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Avodart Monday to Friday did the job. Also periodically take Metformin long release tablets and other supplements. No itch or further hair loss, some regrow this and thickening. No health issues. Very happy.

how long did it take for Duta/Avodart to completely eliminate your itch? I'm 35 days in (was previously on finasteride) and I'm still experiencing some itch everyday (usually around 10-11pm)

bill_bailey_lookalike

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was about 90 days before I stopped noticing the itch. Nizoral 2% shampoo also helped with the itch in the early days. I don’t get the balding itch any more at all so I’m still very happy. Seen some further regrowth and thickening too.