Avodart and minoxidil Success (Pics included)

GoHairGo

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been using Propecia and minoxidil for years and while I don't think I grew any hair under that combination, I believe I was successfully at least maintaining my hair that I had left.

Then in Sept 2005, I decided to stop using minoxidil but continued to to use Propecia. That was a HUGE mistake. By Dec. 2005 I had lost tons of hair (as the effects of the minoxidil wore off) and started freaking out. In Jan 2006, I started using minoxidil again hoping to reverse the staggering hairloss that occurred after I quit using minoxidil. At the same time I stopped using Propecia and started using Avodart.

After three months of using Avodart and using minoxidil again I feel that I am back to at least where I was before I stopped using minoxidil in Sept of 2005. The pics below are from Jan 2006 and then three months later in April 2006.

3MonthComparison.jpg

("Before pics" on the left, "after pics" on the right)

I believe that most of my hair recovery was due to using minoxidil again, but since I started using Avodart at the same time, I can't be sure whether it's the minoxidil or the Avodart or a combination of both. But definitely the minoxidil was a huge factor in keeping/regrowing my hair because when I stopped using minoxidil I lost an enormous amount of hair. Luckily I was able to get back the hair I lost when I stupidly stopped using minoxidil.

I am going to continue to take Avodart and use minoxidil and hopefully I will be able to regrow some more hair. I'll continue to take pictures to monitor my progress.

Best of luck to everyone reading this.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Those are great results for a few months on Avodart and Minoxidil.

Keep it up, and let us know how it goes!

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With that much hairloss i'd be using everything but the bathroom sink. Do you mind my asking why such a limited approach?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With that much hairloss i'd be using everything but the bathroom sink. Do you mind my asking why such a limited approach?

Goingat20

Reaction score
Nice work gohairgo!! That gives us avodart uses some hope! Congratz n keep us updated

GoHairGo

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:

Hmmm... well what else do you recommend? I could buy a laser comb and put fish oil in my hair but I am not convinced those are worth the investment.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoHairGo said:

Hmmm... well what else do you recommend? I could buy a laser comb and put fish oil in my hair but I am not convinced those are worth the investment.

From what I've read around the forums, I'd add Nizoral 2x weekly and a good Copper Peptide.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd also add spironolactone, and KGF.

Am not sure if topical saw palmetto would help since you are using dutasteride. Or azalaic for that matter.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score

I would say that using dutasteride is pretty much a full on attack on male pattern baldness.
But maybe throw nizoral shampoo in there.

hoit

Reaction score
good stuff. goes to show too that some people are mistaken when they think no regrowth means that they're a non-responder and their treatment is pointless.