avodart and estrogen role in male pattern baldness.

G

Timi said:
Bryan says bla bla bla

I say dutasteride is $#iT

I see my Hair and it is worse over the full Head
and i am not allone many Men have see that dutasteride makes the Hairs ill and thin

Timi

mhmmmm timmahh,

and you are an expert solely because you post the same thing over and over again? we get the picture timi- dutasteride ruined your hair. you don't have to copy-paste the same thing in every single thread started in the dutasteride forum. it's totally obnoxious because often you end up derailing the original purpose of the thread and the person who created it. think about other people for once. other posters have complained about this as well.

and no there are not many men who have seen that dutasteride make hair ill and thin timmahhh. carere to name some names? for any of the names, can they prove that dutasteride made their hair worse? it is certainly possible that they would have been even worse off had they never taken dutasteride.

again, how many other people on here do you see who write the same post over and over again in every thread?

G

yeah lol glaxo pays me a bunch. and timmy is being paid by his nazi masters.

see i can post baseless accusations too. the dumbest thing about your accusation though, timi, is that dutasteride is not approved by the FDA for hair loss, so Glaxo is legally BANNED from marketing it for hair loss. Now if they're banned from marketing it for hair loss, what basis do you have for thinking they'd hire people to go online and promote its use? Very few doctors will write a script for it and most people seem to end up getting it from online pharmacies anyway, so whatever- poor point timmy.

but the point remains timmy that you post the same thing in every thread and when people ask you for evidence or pictures, well what a coincidence, because yt ou don't have any.

when you ask for pictures of people who have had success on dutasteride and i show you mine, you accuse me of deception and claim that i got the results from minoxidil.

el_duterino

Reaction score
question to phish

I have a question to people with hairloss and into bodybuidling.
Age 40 now, I have been taking finasteride (1.25mg) for 6 years (1998-2004), , then finasteride "stopped working" and I made the switch to dutasteride for 3 years (0.5mg Avodart everyday). Never missed a day. No other topicals or internals. Very pleased with results on dutasteride so far. I had diffuse thinning prior starting finasteride&dutasteride from hairline up, 9 years ago.
About 6 months ago I started to go to the gym and lifting heavy weighs & drinking whey protein after that.
Muscle mass increased well but I noticed heavy shed each time right after I did exercise. I could run my hand in my hair and pick-up many hairs after each session. Never happened before, I never had sheds on those medications.

I really got scared and stopped the bodybuilding...

Looks like lifting heavy weighs increses testosterone therefore DHT is increased and some of this extra DHT cannot be blocked by DHT. My hair have "artificially" survived on DHT blockers since 1998..maybe the follicules are super-sensitive now.
I'd like to restart weightlifting..any ideas how ?
Thanks
El Duterino

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
What you guys suggest to balance estrogen/testosterone in our body with Avodart?

Dosage for 1. Don't go crazy at first. Powerful drug.

Supplements??

Calcium D- Glucarate

Calcium-D-glucarate is the calcium salt of D-glucaric acid, a substance produced naturally in small amounts by mammals, including humans. Glucaric acid is also found in many fruits and vegetables with the highest concentrations to be found in oranges, apples, grapefruit, and cruciferous vegetables. (1) Oral supplementation of calcium-D-glucarate has been shown to inhibit beta-glucuronidase, an enzyme produced by colonic microflora and involved in Phase II liver detoxification. Elevated beta-glucuronidase activity is associated wire an increased risk for various cancers, particularly hormone-dependent cancers such as breast, prostate, and colon cancers. (2) Other potential clinical applications of oral calcium-D-glucarate include regulation of estrogen metabolism and as a lipid-lowering agent.

Beta-sitosterol
There are many plant sterols but the best known are beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol and campesterol. Plant sterols have many claimed health benefits. Studies show that plant sterols have a weak estrogenic effect and that they act as weak agonist for estrogen receptors. Plant sterols have a structure similar to that of cholesterol. Plant sterols can modulate the immune system and can replace cholesterol in the intestinal micelles, thereby reducing cholesterol absorption. Epidemiological studies also show that consumption of plant sterols reduces the risk of cancer of colon, prostate, ovary, stomach and breast.

Diindole methane (DIM) is an antiestrogen produced from another estrogen fighter, indole-3-carbinol. Both help the liver to neutralize "bad" estrogens--those that have the most negative consequences associated with them. This more positively affects women than men.

Indole-3-carbinol is a strong antioxidants and stimulators of detoxifying enzymes. Indole-3-Carbinol seems to protect the structure of DNA. Indole-3-carbinol blocks estrogen receptor sites on the membranes of breast and other cells, thereby reducing the risk of breast and cervical cancer.

What else????

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Phytoestrogens sometimes called "dietary estrogens" are a diverse group of naturally occurring non steroidal plant compounds that because of their structural similarity with estradiol (17?-estradiol), have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects.

How do phytoestrogens act in the body?

There are many different ways that phytoestrogens may work in the body. The chemical structure of phytoestrogens is similar to estrogen, and they may act as mimics (copies) of estrogen. On the other hand, phytoestrogens also have effects that are different from those of estrogen.

Working as estrogen mimics, phytoestrogens may either have the same effects as estrogen or block estrogen's effects. Which effect the phytoestrogen produces can depend on the dose of the phytoestrogen. The phytoestrogen can act like estrogen at low doses but block estrogen at high doses. Estrogen activates a family of proteins called estrogen receptors

How do you know you got the right benefits???

IBM

Reaction score
I think a mild diet of phytoestrogens (like the ingestion of flax seeds or garbanzo beans twice/week) would be beneficial for hair.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Any sources??? Hair..what about balance estro/testo??