avodart 2 years

Pondle

Reaction score
No one knows. No one knows the real figure for Propecia either, because the longest study lasted 5 yrs (and the treatment group mean haircount was dragged down by non-responders, so we don't really know how long an average responder could stay above baseline).

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Avodart, but Propecia five year test showed that people were still above baseline at year 5. Sure the improvement stopped at year 2, but the haircount was still above baseline and considerably above the men on placebo. I would imagine Avodart would be better due to the greater DHT inhibition, but that is just intuitive as there hasn't been a study.

G

michael barry estimated that the average finasteride responder stays above baseline for 12 or 13 years, going by the 5 year graph and extrapolating out. he estimates that combining finasteride with nizoral 2-3 times a week would push that baseline time back to 20 or so years above it. he estimates the average responder who combines dutasteride with nizoral 2-3 times a week(as I do) would be able to stay above baseline for 30 years.

antonio666

Reaction score
I can't beleive that,i am not doubting you jayman but that seems unlikley
for guys like me and you were our hairloss is in the very early stages.
it is like a cure,providing we respond to treatments,you clearly do,the jury is still out on mine though

Cassin

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
it is like a cure,providing we respond to treatments,you clearly do,the jury is still out on mine though

There are quite a few success stories of people lasting since propecia came out.

G

yes antonio, it is true. and i forgot to mention minoxidil as well. if you respond to minoxidil, then you can add 10 years to all those numbers above.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
that is just one man's opinion...none of those numbers are facts.

if you leave only 1.5% of original type 2 5ar levels in your follicles(as you do on daily dose of dutasteride), how much damage can that really do?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
antonio666 said:

There are quite a few success stories of people lasting since propecia came out.

Sounds good! If you dont mind me asking, how are you doing with your treatments now compared to baseline? I nocticed youve been on finasteride since 03

jericson

Reaction score
Somebody mentioned many people doing quite well since Propecia came out. Well I know it has been around since at least '98 since I remember my high school chemistry teacher talking about taking it. Does anyone know the actual date? I have been taking it since 2003 and it has definitely slowed down the loss, but not stopped it completely. That is why I finally started taking rogaine foam because of how easy I heard it was too apply. I am hoping it helps. Now I just need to decide if I am going to make the jump to dutasteride!

oni

Reaction score
3 years + for me on dutasteride and still well ahead..................... :D

G

oni said:

dutasteride works especially well for metrosexuals.

CCS

Reaction score
antonio666 said:

I don't consider NW2 to be an early stage, but it is better than NW3.

CCS

Reaction score
oni said:

oni, where do you buy your dutasteride from?

T

Timi

dutasteride

Hello

I have a Question

my EyeBrows with dutasteride very thin
i think so 70% thinner as bevor dutasteride

is this a bad sign?

Timi

CCS

Reaction score
I heard that body and beard hair is reduced by dutasteride, and head hair increased, but that the eyebrows are neither hurt nor helped. But maybe you are different. Bryan should know the answer to this.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've read that eyebrows have a neutral response to androgens.