aveda pure abundance shampoo

poochy

Reaction score
I here from some its good stuff but also reallly drying to your hair is this true? Also had to find, I live in northeast and seems had to find.

CCS

Reaction score
you have to buy it online. I'm going to buy some. it is worth a try.

CCS

Reaction score
I found an aveda store just a mile from me. I bought some of the volumizing shampoo and used it. I did not notice a difference. I'm very disappointed, after Cassin's great report. Maybe I have to use it several times to get volume.

The good news is I used hair dye on some thin, lighted hair, and now it all blends well.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I found an aveda store just a mile from me. I bought some of the volumizing shampoo and used it. I did not notice a difference. I'm very disappointed, after Cassin's great report. Maybe I have to use it several times to get volume.

The good news is I used hair dye on some thin, lighted hair, and now it all blends well.

just b/c it worked for him doesn't mean it would work for you...everyone has different hair type and textures.

Cassin

Reaction score
Exactly.

And you need to use a shampoo a few times before the cosmetic aspects begin to work. You would be the first that didn't like it from what I have read here. Your so impatient.

CCS

Reaction score
OK, I'll try it longer. I was just under the impression that people got huge results after one use.

CCS

Reaction score
well, the aveda does NOT dry my hair. I disagree with the review that claimed that. But I'm not seeing any diameter change after the third washing, either. Also not seeing my skin get anjy darker after my 4th time tanning, and that tanning cream I bought does nothing. Seems like nothing works for me.

CCS

Reaction score
OK, well it is nice to know that it just takes repeated use. The way some guys said it is their going out shampoo, I thought it worked after one use.

CCS

Reaction score
does aveda actually increase shaft diameter, or does it just make the hair stand up and apart so that it looks puffier? I think this product would be great for people with long hair, but for a guy with 1 inche hair, who just wants diameter, I'm thinking (after 3 uses) that it does nothing. But I'm not giving up yet.

I wonder how shampoos can increase shaft diameter (add stuff to your hair shaft) when the manufacturer does not know if you are blond or brunette. Unless the stuff is clear and reflects light like a magnifying glass. I doubt it is that sophisticated, though. I suspect it just separates hair shafts, or people would be reporting color changes in addition.

CCS

Reaction score
of course it could penetrate the shaft to make it fatter. I just wonder how healthy penetrating compounds are for the scalp.

G

ccs,

i think most thickening shampoos just leaves gunk in your hair afterward that makes it appear thicker. that's how i think the l'oreal thickener worked for me. i could see less scalp afterward.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman,

you still using that L'Oreal Vive stuff? Do you still think its a good shampoo for thickening, as I need to get some new shampoo soon.

Also I see you use Revita, how have you found that? Almost everyone that is using it is complaining of crazy sheds etc...

And finally, when I wash my hair it always looks better the second day after I wash it. But with topical use you really need to wash your hair everyday. My hair is too soft and 'fluffy' after a shampoo, I think I need to put something in it. Do you use any product in your hair? If so, can you recommend a good one?

cheers

G

blaze said:
Jayman,

you still using that L'Oreal Vive stuff? Do you still think its a good shampoo for thickening, as I need to get some new shampoo soon.

Also I see you use Revita, how have you found that? Almost everyone that is using it is complaining of crazy sheds etc...

And finally, when I wash my hair it always looks better the second day after I wash it. But with topical use you really need to wash your hair everyday. My hair is too soft and 'fluffy' after a shampoo, I think I need to put something in it. Do you use any product in your hair? If so, can you recommend a good one?

cheers

I use the l'oreal sporadically. it does make my hair thicker after only one shampoo. revita is a good shampoo but it definitely washes all the gunk out so it does make my hear appear in its natural thin and fine state.

i dont really use any product in my hair anymore but i hear what youre saying about how soft and fine the hair is after a shampoo. i guess you could just follow your shampoo with a l'oreal shampoo wash.

Pondle

Reaction score
Re: products, I'm using a combination of the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree hair and body moisturiser and the Tea Tree shaping cream. Both are excellent. :D

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that all shampoos for "thin and fine hair" just tried to force to hairs to absorb more water.

CCS

Reaction score
I don't mind if my hairs absorb water for volume. I'm just worried what they will do to the scalp if they are strong enough to force water into a hair strand.

Jayman, do those shampoos improve your hair even when it is really short? Like when you have it 1/2 inch, can you see a density difference?

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
I don't mind if my hairs absorb water for volume. I'm just worried what they will do to the scalp if they are strong enough to force water into a hair strand.

Jayman, do those shampoos improve your hair even when it is really short? Like when you have it 1/2 inch, can you see a density difference?

no it doesn't work for hair that short