Avalon Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a link to this product and it has a ton of positive reviews from people. I was wondering if anyone here has ordered/tried it and what they thought about it. I currently use L'Oreal Thickening Shampoo and want to get some better stuff.

Link here

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
I should say straight away I haven't used this yet, but on paper it appears to have some of the good stuff (e.g. Saw Palmetto, Biotin, Soy Protein), and for a decent price as well. Another upside is doesn't carry any carcinogenic ingredients (ie: PEG etc), many common shampoos do, but I'm cautious about the reviewers claims. Reviews are inherently anecdotal/relative, so much of what is reported could well be placebo effect.

That said though, It's also possible it actually works to some degree too. If the niacin or other ingredients are able to carry that Saw Palmetto follicle deep, then it likely has some good effect as an anti-androgen. I suppose the only way to know is to try. I personally don't know why someone wouldn't simply stick with Nizoral, though. As Ketoconazole has proven track record as an anti-androgen vs the variable data on topical Saw Palmetto.

I've thought about using the conditioner of this set, however. Nizoral's Ketoconazole followed by Avalon's Thickening Conditioner (w Saw Palmetto, Soy Protein, and Biotin) certainly couldn't hurt.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I am going to see if this is at the store and give it a try. :punk:

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use this on non-nizoral days and its very nice. I haven't seen anything miraculous with my hair (remaining hair shafts are thick from nizoral anyway)but the ingredients do look good. Plus its non-SLS for what thats worth.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Same here, not expecting miracles but hey I am up for trying other thickening shampoos.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nothing major I was aware of, no.

alvintws

Reaction score
hey guys,

something to share. i'm having freezy hair and oily scalp. i used to use nioxin system 2 for merely 3-4 years and seriously it fries my hair! i keep using it without much care and hope until recently i joined this site.

i started using avalon biotin b-complex thickening shampoo for like 2 weeks already, wash 2 times daily. usually after rinsing the nioxin, i can feel my hair very dry and as harsh as grasses. with this kind of texture, my hair easily drop during washing, rinsing and towel drying. but after few days of using avalon, it's a total different story. my hair is way much softer now although my scalp is still as oily as ever, maybe those are the sebum due to internals. i would strongly recommend avalon to everyone here. like one said, from the paper, it looks good in terms of the ingredients used and worth for the price.

then one week later i started to use nizoral, i have to admit it makes my hair very dry. maybe i leave it too long before rinsing, more than 10mins. anyway now i add in few drops of olive oil into my nizoral on my palm before lather. my hair is still dry but not as dry as without oil after rinsing. then the next wash when i use avalon, it become soft again.

i would like to apologise for my english, it's not my native. this is just my 2cents. good luck to everyone here.