Avacor has gone too far.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
I was watching CNN the other day and saw a jaw-dropping ad for Avacor that made me want to puke. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't imagining things.
Ready for this? These insidious buffoons had the nerve to claim that Avacor can regrow hair in a matter of SECONDS. They had a "before/after" photo comparison with the "after" picture titled "60 seconds later."
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I mean damn, there's false advertising, and there's outright lunacy. Who in their right mind would sponser such a commercial, let alone permit it to air on their network?
I WEEP for the poor souls who believe this beyond-crap.

The irony is that such scams are frequent subjects in news magazines such as those shown on....well, CNN!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Apparently they're selling the product along with a concealer like Toppik. Thus the tricky yet accurate marketing phrase that you can make your hair look thicker in seconds...

These guys are going to make millions because they know exactly what to say and do to trick people.

HairLossTalk.com

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Good point about the coinciding with concealers, although I was so busy being shocked, I didn't notice if that's what they were in fact doing.

BTW, I've been hoping to ask you if, from what you've learned, four months into finasteride is too long to still be losing hairs that are thinner at the bulb. Should I start to conclude that I'm not a responder? I know I've asked this a few times, but I keep hoping to hear from you specifically.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i saw that "in a matter of seconds" scam as well... how can they post their commercials without getting proval by fda, well dont be suprised if you see "fda approved" avacor commercial next.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Wezz: Damn---I would imagine it's EXTRA serious to lie about being FDA approved. In effect, that's almost getting into federal territory, isn't it, since the FDA is a government agency.

HairLossTalk.com?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Jaygee said:
four months into finasteride is too long to still be losing hairs that are thinner at the bulb.
I've honestly never heard of or thought of that as a criteria for determining effectiveness. Whoever thought it up was probably grasping at straws.

The things to evaluate when determining if you're having success on Propecia are your overall feeling on the density and rate of overall shedding. If you have baseline photos to compare to, that is even better, because the minds eye can convolute reality very easily.

Even then, the clinical trials established that some people will continue to lose hair for up to 12 months before Propecia really kicks in and stops the process.

HairLossTalk.com

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying.

The shedding hasn't slowed down at all (150+ a day), but this doesn't worry me as much as it used to.

In the past six months I don't think there has been any change for better or worse on top. (Fine when dry, iffy when wet) My hairline, however, has grown more transparent than it used to be. This is what chiefly occupies my neurosis lately. I'm still a Norwood 2, but this seems to be precarious. I'm really hoping the hairline will, at the very least, stabilize.

gambit420

Reaction score
haha, I started a topic on this a while back, but a few "experienced" users shot it down saying Avacor is not making these claims and otherwise what they're doing is legal. Those Avacor cons must either have really big balls or just desperate for money. I can't wait till the day when FTC sues their asses off! :toma:

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what happend to that dumbass race car driver telling us his scams.... I think he went to nw7 or something :D

viperfish

Reaction score
What is not legal about what they are doing??? If they are using a concealor with their product that would transform someones hair in 60 seconds (great marketing scam). Secondly it does contain minoxidil 2%, which is proven to grow hair. So basically Avacor can say their product is fda approved to grow hair because it is. Whether it is right or wrong is a different story. However, they are making tons of money based on their marketing and it is a free country and they can do that. Yes it is wrong! Is it illegal? No.............

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Viper, you are right. In fact, they already do claim that it is "FDA Approved" in some of their radio ads. It is completely legal. Now, is it necessarily right?

No, I don't think it is. Welcome to big business. Now you know why there will always be a demand for legal representation.

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Indeed.....it is true......c'mon now HairLossTalk.com...........fix that juvenile sh*t!

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
We really need to focus on getting this to appear in the first 5 lines of a google search. Just like Procerin...

pilogenic101

Reaction score
Avacor gets poor marks because they include 0.5%minoxidil in their lotion, but claim that it is an all-natural treatment. They try to trick the public. Lately, they have been adding "minoxidil based" in fine print to their label. The only reason that minoxidil is in there is so they don't get the FDA on their neck for claiming that the treatment will stop and reverse hairloss.