autoimmune or tweezing grey hairs??

sama

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone knows if by tweezing grey hairs, that this completely destroys the root and they never grow back? I have a semi-circular 3/4 inch area of not actually bald but very thin hair in the front hairline, that I lost many years ago. At the time I thought it was due to menopause, I was under stress also at the time, and my hair was very dry and brittle. No other area of my hair is affected although I had some shedding and still do which is what I think is due to age and hashimotos (diagnosed well after the frontal hairloss). The only thing I can think of is autoimmune (maybe I had this problem well before I was diagnosed?) or to tweezing grey hairs out in my mid 40s, and maybe eventually they could have killed the root. If this is a possibility, is there any remedy at all? Could steroids help? How would a transplant take in that area (the thinning area measures 3/4 inch deep by about 2.5 inch wide). It bothers me so much, it has affected of course the volume of my hair in front, it is completely see-through in the light, and I don't know what caused it and what I can do about it. I saw a derm a couple yrs ago but he didn't even recommend blood tests (which I had a complete cbc, iron and hormonal taken today on my own initiative). Any comments would be appreciated. S.